Recently Played Games

Artifex Mundi :+1:t3:

3 Likes

well, now that I’m finally done with

which i’ve enjoyed so so so much, I’ve now finally started

and it’s great so far

9 Likes

I’m waiting for them to add steam achievements for Fallen Order before buying it . Also really interested in it.

5 Likes

playing it on epic :joy:

5 Likes

What does it mean “DONE”?
I thought RDR2 is endless. And enjoying forever.

5 Likes

how exactly would it be endless? i finished the story completely. That’s what I mean. There’s some legendary animals (and fish) i could hunt and a bunch of achievements to get, sure, and there’s online, but im not interested in that, so im done :smiley:

7 Likes

is proud of M00… I mean you! ^^

I’m amazed I’ve ever finished any game considering how extremely side tracked I get, esp. with fishing, eheh.

5 Likes

Just finished

Well, technically I finished the game in November 2019, but I beat Mew Game+ with Stronger Enemies, Level One, and Nine Lives modifiers all on simultaneously (beating the game on hardest difficulty while staying level one even to the end, and dying a max of 9 times). Took me 3hr 13min for the run on the 4th or 5th try, because every combat past level 10 the enemies one-shot you if you don’t successfully dodge their attack. It makes it kinda zeldaesque + soulslike, but still somewhat casual (can attempt a playthrough in one evening).

Suffice it to say, I really like The Gentlebros studio and they create highly competent indie games with great replayability. Cat Quest II just released and we finally get to defend Felingard from the Lupus Empire, so that’s exciting they are expanding the universe. Plus If you get the chance, check out their mobile Slashy Hero game too!

12 Likes

I’ve tried ‘The Council’ yesterday. First episode is free to try for everyone over on steam.

My thoughts? Well on the positive side it has very interesting ( so far ) narrative and if you like a good mystery/detective this should draw you in as it did me. Also i would like to mention that despite it looking pretty much telltale’s formula of walking simulator it has extra game mechanics which elevates it adding new and interesting mechanics to pretty stale by now 'choose your answer which makes no difference in X amount of time '.

Negatives to be mentioned are - Game looks and controls pretty bad. Graphics ain’t too bad but animation quality is abysmal and everyone looks like a dead plastic mannequins due to lack of animations also there are frequent cuts in it then everything just stops before dialogue is finished.

Controls at first also are pretty bad. You get used to them after playing a bit but that’s not a remedy , you just anticipate how unresponsive and stale they are and dont mind it too much later on.

If you are into that sort of game i recommend trying this out , maybe you will get hooked by the story and will decide to purchase whole game.

6 Likes

So many games, such little time. :sweat_smile: I played a ton of Bannerlord recently, with my friends. In captain mode we are pretty dang formidable!

5 Likes

well, done with that, mixed feelings regarding how that ended, a bit weird if u ask me (in addition to some other lore-related stuff [how can someone who left the jedi order be considered a jedi master to a student and knight them a jedi knight is beyond me, for example], but that’s just become rly questionable with the last trilogy regardless)

maybe i’ll finish Rage 2 next, though i’ve been trying to get some playtime in

which I’ve picked up for dirt cheap on EGS, but not much time to do so, just 5-10 min every time in between catching jobs…

4 Likes

TL;DR… In Star Wars canon and/or the Expanded Universe (Legends) it wasn’t too uncommon to have a fallen Jedi redeem themselves and re-assume what ever rank of authority/educational progress they had prior to their fall.

Cere in this case was a Jedi Knight, one who was on the verge of becoming a Jedi Master if she would have successfully trained her own Padawan into a Jedi Knight. Her redemption arc in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order takes place post Order 66. Meaning nearly every Jedi was dead, those who weren’t dead were in hiding and being hunted by Darth Vader or the Imperial Inquisitors. Therefore it is likely after she regained her *faith, she field promoted herself to Master in order to knight Cal.

*for lack of a better term.

4 Likes

Still playing Cities Skylines and am having some trouble with it after the recent game update changed a lot of things mechanics wise. I’m currently playing a 32k Population City that is totally out of whack because it’s not having any Industrial demand. How is my city surviving with only a handful of Generic Industry Buildings supporting it? And my Industrial Farm area can’t level up because there’s no one who wants to work there :tired_face:

4 Likes

Everyone’s staying at home to avoid the plague?

5 Likes

alrighty, so, i got bored out of my skull in Dark Souls, (sry buddy), and thought to myself i should probably try spice things up a bit; and decided to play Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas instead
and oh boy did it just hit the right spot. No idea how far i’m actually in it, feels like i’m leaning towards the end, but it’s entertaining(ed) me greatly so far, which i think was because it just happened to strike the right mood. Cute little very simplistic “Zelda-lite” if you will. Truly nothing special, perhaps even a bit clunky and repetitive, but something about it just have kept me engaged throughout 11 hours so far in the adventure, and in building up my completion rate that is this “annoying” collectathon seascape
-and ofc it got bloody fishing, and ofc you gotta catch them all and get a dang achievement for each darn annoying struggle you win with your rod, fn gilled spawn of “tarnation’s left 'n right stick swerve creature”. That’s one completion rate i’m not looking forward to have to fill up, fishing, oh why did it have to be fishing :confounded:

7 Likes

So the Coronavirus has infected the game as well then? :roll_eyes:Good thing I’ve set up several Incinerators then :sunglasses:

3 Likes
spoiler

and immediately went back to using the dark side of the force the very first “mission” she participated in afterwards :joy: which was the very reason she left the order in the first place; like i said, i have very mixed feelings regarding several things in this game, especially the very ending; i can understand it from a “human” perspective, but if Cal is trying to be a jedi, then this makes zero sense

4 Likes
Maclunkey

I thought Cere fell because she had an experience that changed her perspective, essentially she lost hope and succumbed to fear whilst being tortured during Imperial Inquisitor interrogation by Vader. Under duress Cere gave in to their questioning and betrayed her Padawan, Trilla. Feeling guilty, she cut herself off from the Force or lost her connection to it.

That said, your thoughts and feelings on the subject are 100% valid and make total sense. Personally I perceive the world more in shades of gray and my relationship with Jedi, or the Force in general, are strongly influenced by years of playing various Star Wars TTRPGs (Nerd). In most of those games there is a mechanic relating to Light side and Dark side “points” that determine when a Jedi falls or becomes a Dark Jedi (NERRRD!).

From my point of view, after Cere is redeemed and then later tries to Force Choke (crush) Vader in an attempt to save Cal’s life thus protecting the Jedi Foundling Holocron, I wouldn’t bat an eye at her momentary lapse in judgement when she temporarily gives in to hate. After all, the Jedi as a whole, are not infallible.

Much love @M00… good talk, good talk! :+1: :sparkling_heart: :+1:

3 Likes
Summary

what actually happened is that when her apprentice appeared before her having become an inquisitor, she used the dark side of the force to break free, and so she cut herself off from the force not only out of guilt etc. but more importantly because she is drawn to the dark side and doesnt trust herself

Vader himself acknowledges that and comments on the fact that she has so much hatred in her and would have made an excellent inquisitor herself while she is containing him with force she’s then, again, drawing from the dark side

as for her “momentary lapse”, that’s the second time then and it’s purely using the dark side, so honestly it wouldn’t look good for her at all. I mean, how long would it take for her to indeed just “switch”?

much love to u as well mah dood

3 Likes

that being said, I absolutely love this game and rly hope they make a sequel

Summary

and i completely shat myself when Vader appeared at the end there. i was like OMG, open the door, let me out, i gotta go. i love how although having been “the chosen one” for 35 years in video games and not fearing whatever they throw at you, be they skyscraper-sized monsters or whatever, as soon as Vader appeared, i was like a rat trying to get out of a fire, actually telling the game to frikkin let me out of here and that i had to go, over and over, actually feeling i should apologize to him and tell him i made a mistake coming here, and pls let me go :joy:

3 Likes