Recently Played Games

Started playing Spider Man 2018 on my PS4 today. Cant call it very innovative or mind blowing game but what it does it does very very well , that is competent open world game.

Combat and movement is super smooth and precise and it has a lot of stuff like costumes,gagdets,collectibles and so on .

It’s too early to judge the story .

I think i like it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Killing Floor 2 whenever I have time to waste.

6 Likes

I mentioned it before already in the hype topic. I was looking forward to Steamworld Quest. Playing it today and it is amazing!

5 Likes

I have been playing Shadowrun Hong Kong and graven the purple.

Graven- HOG game with a similar storyline where you beat the monster/beat the bad guy.
Shadowrun- RPG/tactics game (3rd game in the series.)

5 Likes

Just finished The Turing Test, thanks @elrodiel
it was fun, possibly because it wore its Portal influence proudly on its sleeve. The narrative was engaging, and the puzzles had enough variety, but never got complex enough, which was a shame, it sometimes left me with a ‘oh, is that all?’ feeling.

There were a couple of points however, where the narrative jarred heavily with the need to explain something to the player. At one point the protagonists is asked if she knows what a Turing Test is, it’s then explained to her, even though her surname is… Turing.

Also, she is part of the team on this complex mission, and the story, as told through, text and audio logs makes it clear that the other members are discussing the intricacies of consciousness, self-awareness, syntax vs semantics and what constitutes thought. The protagonist, meanwhile - for the player’s sake - has to have some very basic concepts explained to her step-by-step. She comes across as a dunce. I wouldn’t have sent her on that mission.

6 Likes

So I’ve been playing way too much Overwatch recently. I got it during the humble bundle but wasn’t able to play it until February. It’s become (for better or worse) one of my favorite games, and I’ve had a blast collecting skins and learning the heroes and their mechanics.

6 Likes

I’ve been playing cultist simulator recently and it’s such a neat little game. It is for certain not something that will appeal to a wide audience however. If you play games for their mechanical aspects this is not for you, the actions you take is just shuffling cards around on a board. If you’re someone who tends to go look things up in a wiki then don’t even bother. But If you like researching, experimenting and figuring things out yourself this game is brilliant because that’s what this game is about.

Your role is to learn about the secret mysteries of that world, starting a cult is only a means to the end of finding the hidden truths. So you research, explore dusty old bookshops for forbidden texts and soon you start catching glimpses of possibilities. Eventually you’ll start understanding the hidden rules of the world and how things fit in. Scraps of text you came across early on will suddenly flash back into your mind and make sense out of something you found hours later. At first you will not understand anything and you will fail quickly, but you will slowly start to figure things out.

I found quickly that I wasn’t just playing the role of a supernatural investigator in game. I had to be the supernatural investigator myself. This game character merely an avatar through whom I could interact with that world. Failure became a resource as now I could inhabit a new hapless victim to do my bidding with whom I would share my accumulated knowledge. As they got arrested, lost their minds or got eaten by monsters I remain, my knowledge growing and …oh look at that.

I’M the supernatural being invading a world, possessing a suitable host to do the work that will grant me ascension. This hapless fool is merely a vessel that will be shed like a cloak as soon as I can take my rightful place among the hours.

This game is amazing.

14 Likes

You’ve basically sold me on it. That sounds fantastic.

7 Likes

I strongly recommend keeping a pen and paper at hand and read things, read everything. The game is fairly liberal with hints once you understand enough to use them. Most things you’ll read will seem like flavour text, some of it is some of it isn’t and you wont know what will be useful until it is.

9 Likes

That game only caught my attention because Mercy :heart: Happy you’re playing and have fun with it.

5 Likes

I finally played ABZU. What a wonderful game

10 Likes

Completely agree, the writing is actually really good in this game, so reading it is a pleasure.

I stopped playing because of basically dying every time.

Maybe I should go back and do this… hehe…

7 Likes

I need to get it on GOG and play it.

Yes I know it’s on sale right now.

7 Likes

I was a little hesitant to start another run in Cultist sim after my first proper victory. Since most of the joy in this game comes out of figuring things out I feared it wouldn’t be as much fun once you’ve already cleared it once.

Turns out they’ve thought of that and the new run has introduced a few new things to wrestle with and I’m overjoyed.

10 Likes

I assume you didn’t get it in the Humble monthly a bit ago? or do you just enjoy GOG more?

4 Likes

I don’t do Humble monthly and the steam version still has e-cancer for some dumb reason. (Denuvo). Heck, I even own it on Steam but refuse to install and run it as I would rather get the DRM free version than install Denuvo.

4 Likes

ah ok

3 Likes

OK, I’m sold, just added it to my wishlist

3 Likes

Been playing a decent amount of MTG Arena, but that’s taken a back seat to Autochess mobile and now DOTA Underlords. I also took advantage of the $1 XBOX PC game pass trial and have been playing some Void Bastards which I’m enjoying quite a bit.

4 Likes

This is my go-to-game, it’s everything that was missing from Wizards’ previous forays into digital Magic (not counting MTGO of course)

3 Likes