Recently Played Games

I’d include MTGO in that, it was just missing totally different things like polish, UX, visual design, and playability. :wink:

2 Likes

yeah, that game looks pretty good

2 Likes

True, it’s also totally unplayable casually.

They’ve sunk so much effort into Arena and it shows.

2 Likes

Yeah. I have a few gripes with it, but overall the game is getting tons of new tweaks and stuff. I’m a sucker for skins and asthetics and it’s a good shooter, so I enjoy it.

3 Likes

BattleBlock Theater with my brother. Such a fun game to play together on a couch, and Stamper’s voiceover makes it so much more enjoyable! A real gem, so so fun. <3

5 Likes

Ay, even devs play games! Welcome to the thread and glad to hear someone is still playing all those competitive card games! (Somewhat joking, they have huge followings, but please, enjoy whatever you love) I would love to see what the other Chrono founders and early birds are playing these days, see if they can pop in and treat us with some descriptive sentences on their current addictions.

In my own life, I was out free-climbing in Red Rock and lost my grip thinking I was going to fall a good 50+ feet so I hyperextended my left pectoral and shoulder muscles to cling to a tiny ledge long enough to get my toes back in a crack. Tore some muscle, bruised entire left ribcage, but I’m alive and fine, just dealing with my left arm/chest being out of commission for ~6 weeks. So far just watching HBO’s Chernobyl, HULU’s Handmaid’s Tale, etc since I haven’t been able to breathe super smoothly sitting up (at least not enough to sit comfortably at a computer and try a mouse-focused game). Will try something soon, Cultist Simulator sounds great thanks to @Fraggles because I need a serious-type game to avoid laughing (or coughing, or sneezing, or…anything that sharply inhales or exhales).

Until then, I have Assassin’s Creed: Rebellion on my phone, I like it. Lots of lore to tie all the games and various Animus Projects together. Just waiting for zone 5 major expansion as it will unlock tier 5 weapons, new assassin level caps, and probably 23 new cities based on current maps and a chance to use all the legendary assassins we’ve been unlocking in events for the last few months. And I can play in bed, right-handed. That’s a major win right now as I recover. :poop: Gamers gotta game! :poop:

10 Likes

Get well, dude! Would’ve been a lot worse had you fallen, not sure climbing without a safety line is such a good idea imo, but u do u, I guess.

7 Likes

I got through a boat load of Point and Click games when I broke my arm in January…if you haven’t played it yet, and assuming you grabbed it when it was free, Kathy Rain is a must play for those convalescing.

9 Likes

So, because I’m majorly on a low, I’ve frogger’ed a few games:

. Mirror’s Edge: trying out First Person view. Pretty good, still nervous about not seeing the feet, but it’s not dizzying like Skyrim. Typical me, stuck in the tutorial, trying for half hour to make a jump after swinging off a pipe. Turns out the balance beam wasn’t that hard after all. >.< Thanks, @NICK9X9 too.

. Weaves of Fate: has a FFT like game play and so far an interesting story, but the King neglected to heal his meat shield brother, and so we both died. Game over. Will play again.

. Glass Wing : cute bane of my patience. The control config end with Y/N for the controller’s settings and nothing you click or keyboard press works. Beautiful game with settings interface that is glitched. No fix found on Steam. Try with it every now and then, like yesterday, still Grr. Too bad as it’s a Nintendo 64 sort of feel. Wings of Glass is the updated version, but GRR!, wish I could play it.

The I of Dragon: So retro and still so pretty. Finally I get to be a dragon! RAWR!. Rawr? Wait. I have to catch and eat things. Oh. Well. Heck they’re monsters trying to kill my humans. NOM NOM! ^^ Also, I get Energy Missiles. I, great Draggie-chan will save the world! :heart:

Alan Wake: Either the initial dream sequence makes you move like you’re wading through fog, or this lil potato can’t handle it that well. Not sure which, both equally possibly true.

Cheers and keep having fun with your (gaming) stash. :sunny:

8 Likes

There’s actually a bug on modern graphics card drivers that makes Alan Wake completely unplayable. I get 15% GPU usage and about 18 FPS consistently now.

Unfortunately, this may be what you’re running into.

7 Likes

Maybe I’ll just have to suck it up and play it @slug pace, hm. Got it mega cheaply because of some copyright with music licence thing I think it was… Finished Adam Wolfe with decent FPS for the most part, pity Alan Wake plays weird.

6 Likes

:thinking:

7 Likes

Well, I have a chip set, not fancy at all, so likely it’s just potato woes. Thanks for the article link @CptMold :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey man, I hope you’ll recover quickly. Free climbing is nothing I’d ever have the balls to do, so respect for that!

I share your view on AC Rebellion, but I kinda stopped playing it, since I’m not really a mobile gamer at all (except Pokémon Go and Monster Super League). Maybe I’ll come back to it though, it was a lot of fun, and I like the AC franchise.

But only aving one hand free and not being able to sit really limits yours gaming capabilities, that must suck so hard…
Trying to think of one-handed games, there are some turn-based strategy games that might help you pass the time, especially the Paradox library on PC. My brother and I collectively spent about 2500 hours in Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, Hearts of Iron 4 and Victoria 2, so how about those? Also, the Heroes of Might and Magic games are pretty great (well 3 and 5 are).
On mobile, there’s Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links that’s pretty fun to get into. I never played the card game before, but sunk quite a few hours into the mobile version a while ago. Also Pocket Mortys, Fallout Shelter and Alto’s Journey/Odyssey are pretty fun and easily controlled with one hand.

I hope I could help, get well soon!

9 Likes

It’s still a 7th gen title and I was able to run it on an old laptop, so if you have a modern-enough Intel HD chip you should be fine.

It definitely is worth your time, if you get past the performance problems you’re having.

5 Likes

I found a few things to try, so I’ll let you guys know. Its atmosphere alone is gorgeous from the start, so I’ll keep poking it so I can add another game in the ole Steam library to the “1-full playthrough” category.

5 Likes

I played a little bit of Steep.

I forgot how much I dislike forced tutorials. Especially when you are just trying to get to the menu.

4 Likes

Hope you recover soon! Glad you are okay!

Just trying to get to the menu? And not able to be skipped? That sounds pretty awful. How long did it take to get through? It’s one of those things I was thinking about installing yesterday.

On the other hand, I just played this incredible little game this weekend, it’s a roguelike (well, it’s got slight meta progression, so a roguelite I suppose) dungeon crawler where the enemies don’t move or attack unless you engage them. Sounds silly but it’s super addictive and fun. I got lucky and managed to get to 100% in about 12 hours, but I know that it’s pure luck that had my run going through Nightmare mode. Because I died at least 100 times in the earliest parts of the dungeons, and then all of a sudden I had a breakthrough run that led me all of the way through.

^ this game can be played using your d-pad or joystick, or with the mouse, or keyboard keys. The mouse is too slow, gamepad worked really well for me. Really really addictive game.

7 Likes

About 15 minutes.

5 Likes

So I figured: “Maybe if you play a sweet little animated relaxing game before bed, you have really cute dreams and rest easier”.

Then I decided to play Woodle Tree Adventures as I had gotten it on GameGIveawayOfThe Day a long time ago. Fool that I are.

Instead of relaxing, I just spent almost 2 hours in the following states:

1. terrified off falling off every platform
  2. actually falling off and near tears
  3. trying to figure out how far away you have to be to hit someone with a leaf
  4. hitting friendlies by accident to their smiling protests
  5. wondering why some berries are impossible to reach
  6. doing ridiculously dangerous moves to reach berries
  7. cursing the camera angles and then zooming with the mouse by accident
  8. falling through the sky by failing to bounce/run on a circle of … air is it?

I learned a lot. I’m a bit traumatised. Will play again. Will not sleep for a while. O_o

7 Likes