Playing: Mindjammer, An RPG About Chronies IN SPAAAAAAAACE!

That is a fair point, however I like to include them in caps so it is easier to read.

4 Likes

This place doesn’t look too bad, it must have been quite something in it’s day. but now it’s quite rundown and shabby. What exactly are we looking for here? And more importantly what will we find?

ǂ My Name’s 'Risk, no, that’s not my real name, but you are never going to get to know me, so it doesn’t really matter now does it?
All you need to know is that I want to get paid and I don’t want to get crossed! ǂ

4 Likes

OOC: It would appear you are all alone in this place… strange, perhaps you will find your companions deeper inside?

As you look around the room, trying to locate the ship’s driver or anyone to answer your questions, suddenly you find yourself face to face with a flickering blue projection, standing roughly 2 meters tall the projection appears to be a humanoid form, without facial features or distinguishing traits, just a blurry outline (like the signals on walk signs or restrooms). It stands relaxed, sound seems to come from every corner of the room, a voice reminiscent of security alerts, calm perhaps even bored with the words it is reading.

VOICE: Lifeform, know that you have been detected by our security systems, due to your lack of mindscape connectivity we have been unable to determine if you possess proper clearance to land here. This research facility is not to be tampered with by order of the Commonality Lord Commander. Any hostile activity will be answered with extreme prejudice.

The voice then proceeds to speak in other languages, the tone and inflection unchanged.

3 Likes

The sound of a toilet flushing followed by water runing masked trough a door.

A clearly relief Ursoid with his face slightly wet comes down the ship, refreshed and smiling.

ζ Hey Security! Bagheera here, Would you be so kind to tell us what level of clearance is needed? I’m sure good ol’ Baggy and his crew are welcomed here.

Profound sigh. Looks at 'Risk with his arms slightly open Always the same story, they never update our status… ζ

2 Likes

'Risk turns slowly to face Bagheera, his hands drifting subconsciously to rest on Phobos and Deimos, his matched butterfly swords.

ǂ You told me this was a professional operation. This is hardly an auspicious start! Never the less, I’m here now, so let’s get to it, lead on. ǂ

'Risk’s hands are still resting on his blades and he appears to be reciting some kind of mantra sotto voce.

3 Likes

Serzalir entered the room from the east door. Seeing 'Risk’s hands on his swords he spoke up.

🜾 Whoa there, chill out, will you? This place was abandoned when we moved in. We just never bothered to take out the old security systems. Works pretty good doorbell doesn’t it? 🜾

3 Likes

ζ We do a job, we get paid; By definition… things don’t get more “professional” than that right? big smile showing all the teeth.
In a lower tone and faster: Besides, we got the required clearence, which is none so…

Off to a good start!! Hi there friend, no need to worry about my business associate.

The name is Bagheera, “Baggy” at your service ^^ and my partner…

*I extend my arm with ceremony pointing Risk both to not talk over… I bet he’s not in the mood for that, and to get a good look at the newcomer without him noticing too much.
ζ

Doubt: I guess I need ask for a notice check to… well, notice, in general? or you’ll reveal based on my notice level as we go? @hivefleetbothan

2 Likes

[time for a word from our sponsors]

3 Likes

I’ll wait for @hivefleetbothan to clear that last bit to make my entry.
Also, sorry for the lack of activity, The Withness happened, I’ve been meaning to post before but somehow I got distracted.

4 Likes

I will make announcements based on your general notice level, but if you want to try and do better go ahead and roll a check… Back to IC

The security projection turns slightly hazy, its voice begins to fizzle and fade until finally the projection disappears… a minor mindscape alteration by Serzalir removes the security protocol with ease.

I’ma let @Inferry respond since I assume this will influence their post.

3 Likes

“I assume this will influence their post” hell yea it did D:

Coming from the west door, a droid that has clearly been through more than what it was designed for, started speaking with a robotic, yet fluid double voice towards Serzalir.

I’ll appreciate if you could limit the use of your abilities for when they are properly required, we are yet to find the full extent of this place’s capabilities.

⋯ are these the ones you spoke of?

Said the automaton turning its gaze over the new arrivals.

4 Likes

OK peeps…sorry to have been conspicuously absent/quiet…my dogs been a little ill and, whilst I have my account sent to email me forum alerts, I only get those for @ mentions, PM’s, quotes and posts in my topics. This has meant I’ve been a little tied up. Will slap myself on the wrist and improve my conduct as best I can.

A cascade of energy crackles and sparks around the rough shape of a human figure standing motionless in the corner of the room. Spitting and fizzing erratically, the field eventually cuts out revealing a roguish looking human male. A small plume of smoke trails from the shoulder mounted device that appears to have just failed. Moving slowly forward, arms outstretched and palms extended outward, he doesn’t seem outwardly hostile.

♆ Well, looks like that’s another fantastic purchasing decision to go in the book of wise money use. Pfft, at least it was fun whilst it lasted.♆

♆ So, (turning to face each player character in a slow sweep) assuming my universal stance of non-aggression is accepted by you fine fellows, you obviously all saw the same recording as I just did. Any initial observations or plans? I find that comment about lack of Mindscape connectivity intriguing… On the other hand if my charming company isn’t welcome here…well…(a slow smile crosses his face)… let’s not consider that an option just yet. Nice to meet you all… ♆

{I’m not quite sure on the first/third person usage here…}

4 Likes

Somewhere a retro honda metropolitan scooter is being made.

3 Likes

'Risk turns to face the newcomer, it’s apparent that he is slightly shaken by the sudden appearance.
He rolls his shoulders causing his muscles to ripple visibly through his dark grey bodyglove.

ǂ It was referring to me, it’s much easier to not be found if you are disconnected. ǂ

ǂ Your rather sudden company may or may not be welcome, who exactly are you, and why would you hide yourself? ǂ

3 Likes

Three new projections appear in the room, their flickering forms all identical. The same vague face, but this time clearly dressed in a sharply focused black and white formal suit, with crisply pressed corners, pleats and edging and immaculately rendered stitching.

The three projections move in lock step, but a single voice plays through the room. This one is a reedy monotone, almost certainly male, but at the same time not definitively human.

Sensors indicate you have recently been connected to a Mindscape Instance with a more up to date library than our own. For the purpose of better serving you, and all of the commonality, may I have your permission to update this facilities Midscape Instance with data stored in your Mindscape implant and associated memory storage?

2 Likes

Hmm, I though we got that disabled.

Said the robot looking at the new imagery.

Please refuse, the place is already hard to explore as it is, I wouldn’t like to deal with anymore complications.

He added, returning his attention to the group.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Sometimes these things take time…

3 Likes

ǂ Enough! Are we just going to stand around and talk, or are we actually going to do something about the state of this facility? ǂ

'Risk is clearly in the mood for a fight and can barely contain himself.

3 Likes

meanwhile:

3 Likes