Playing: Mindjammer, An RPG About Chronies IN SPAAAAAAAACE!

aaaaaaarrrrggh, well, i guess i have to find solace in the fact that at least i know (more) about her (I guess it’s a her, right? aren’t worker ants female?) while she does not even know about me

1 Like

Yes, almost every ant (and bee/wasp) inside a colony are female, with the exception of drones which hang about waiting until mating flights begin. If you see an ant crawling around on the ground, it is female!

2 Likes

k cool, but don’t they have like male warriors or defenders or something like that too?

1 Like

Nope still female.

2 Likes

oh, then that movie Antz lied to me (i rly thought they had male warriors though wtf, lol, must’ve forgotten everything i learned in school then)

(ok i’ll let u go back on topic though, sry for that)

1 Like

So, do any of the players have an idea of what they want to look for and / or whether you want to start out at the facility, or spend some time trying to get it, Oh and in one case, whether you are the facility?

Paging, @Inferry, @Rilover, @snake153, @xist, And… uh @Fraggles (Maybe? I can’t tell whether you are playing or not, as far as I can tell @hivefleetbothan is just going to have you appear at some point, perhaps as just an arm)

1 Like

I guess @Fraggles is just stuck in an old, abandoned car plant in Detroit somewhere

1 Like

Excuse you, there’s no Honda plants in Detroit.

2 Likes

euh, I think that is @hivefleetbothan’s decision actually

1 Like

I built a character for @Fraggles since I liked the idea of an arm somewhere just building Honda parts/whole Hondas somewhere in the facility… I imagine whatever the parties Hub is, they find Fraggles there. Also, this way if Fraggles wants to continue to occasionally interject, I have actual rules for their character…

Also thanks @Halcypher for getting us back on track!

3 Likes

I don’t think Detroit exist in this setting anymore?

In any case, I’ll be the facility or at least part of, so careful where you shot at D:

And my main goal is to seize the rest of it.

3 Likes

What if @Inferry’s goal is our overall mission:

The facility has employed a team (with the other characters either aware or unaware of who their employer is) to gain control over the facility from parties known or unknown. With promises of additional loot as well as pay ofc.

4 Likes

I feel like this may have stalled…

3 Likes

That’s cuz the facility has been overtaken by giant ants who killed the whole team; now @Fraggles is the last one “alive”, but all he cares about is making Honda car parts

there’s actually pictures which were taken of this cataclysmic event:

The government is forming an elite team comprised of Ellen Ripley, Isaac Clarke, Sarah Connor, and Spongebob to go investigate the site. Rick and Morty were not available though they were first choice.

5 Likes

Screw that team of uninteresting, unrelateable hacks. We are sending the original team of 80’s Hackers and Hitmen (WITH A BEAR!).

@Halcypher is right, I was waiting to make sure that everything was set up, but you know what? Fortune favors the bold, I think we should just get started, and whatever still needs to be worked out gets worked out as we encounter it. Sound good?

What are we doing:

  • Starting At the Facility
  • Starting At A Bar Somewhere IN SPACE
  • Starting Enroute to the Facility

0 voters

I am checking this tomorrow (in exactly 24 hours from this post) then posting the synopsis to get this show on the road.

5 Likes

Excellent

4 Likes

Thanks for putting me back on track.

3 Likes

Agreed, no one waits for the lazy bum me

@Halcypher you just want your scripts to get some use :q

5 Likes

Of course I do! :slight_smile:
Even though I rushed them, I’ve still spent longer on creating them than using them at the moment. That hurts me a little bit inside…

6 Likes

The poll results have stated that we all want to start at the facility. So I guess we set our scene thusly:

The bulky outline of the Candela sits upon a sheen white floor, minor streaks and scuffs marking its rather hasty landing in this odd place. The engines complete their spin down, and the doors open. The floor is featureless save for three small white pallets sitting off in the Northeast corner of the room.

Looking out at the room, there are three identical doorways, one in the East side, one in the West side and one on the North side. On the south side there is was a large bay door, however the walls have recently become quasi-liquid and the entrance that the Candela entered through has almost totally disappeared.

Take this opportunity to introduce your character, mention your goals and decide how you want to progress… Note that everyone is in this room at this moment unless the player decides to be in another room later on (please state this if it is your intention).

4 Likes