Name The Movie

Time for hints, but you gotta do some work!

Main Protagonist

2 Likes

The emoji movie.

1 Like

Nay

I have not seen many movies featureing Micheal Jackson’s hair wax translating Portazil. Only movie I can really think of is Scott Pilgrim vs. the world.

3 Likes

@Fraggles That is correct, sir! :tada:

3 Likes

Wut?! :thinking:

4 Likes

:point_up:

:no_mouth:

:dizzy_face:

(guess we know who wins all Trivial Pursuits night in that house now) :smile:

5 Likes

I’m guessing you guys didn’t quite get @Enki’s ‘hint’? Wax in Portuguese is Cera, so we have Michael Cera as the clue there. As I said I have not really watched many, or possibly any movies with Michael Cera in them but I know he’s in Scott Pilgrim Vs. the world, so that was my guess.

Well here’s another entry from me then. This would be very easy if I just posted the music from the movie, still going to be easy but I figured I’d go to the effort and try to find the original song. The only youtube recording of the original was awful and had some guy talking about it a lot, so here’s just one of the few really early recordings instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2klh2cTa_Q&width=15&height=40

I’m going to keep the clips disfigured so you have to actually listen to it instead of just reading the heading of it.

Edit: And if anyone else wants to do the same for their entries then just add &width=15&height=40 to the end of the url.

6 Likes

So cool didn’t see this thread was going on, would have guessed Paprika because it’s one of my favorite movies! You’ve got good taste.

I was going to say which song that is but that could ruin all your padding effort, so let me just tell you I really like Johnny Cash’s version as well. Although there are so many, there’s one for every taste.

Is the movie Riders in the Sky (1949) ? Surprised if it ain’t.

EDIT: oh wait it could also be that crap Ghost Rider movie with Nicolas Cage… I’ll be SO disappointed in you if you tell me that’s the right answer. :joy:

4 Likes

Good guesses and I’d have to say if I knew that 1949 movie existed I probably wouldn’t have chosen this song. Unfortunately that one is not what I would consider the most iconic… or shall we say pop-cultural, usage of the song.

4 Likes

Blues Brothers 2000?

YOU ARE SO INCONSEQUENTIAL WITH YOUR CHOICE IN MOVIES FRAGGLES.

Seriously can’t think of anything else. :woman_shrugging:

DUDE THAT’S WHAT THE SONG WAS MADE FOR ARE YOU KIDDING LKJFKLDJFÇKLSJFKLSDJF*

I suck at this game :joy: :joy: :joy:

*Sauceroo.

5 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:
Yes that would be the one on my mind.
And as a bonus here’s my favourite version of the song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4bMHp3nEIQ

4 Likes

Dude I haven’t even seen the sequel of Blues Brothers omg :joy:

And Jesus that version of the song I’m dying @Fraggles what even is this HAHAHAHAHA

Ok, here’s mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgHxmAsINDk

Have fun, I need to sleep, as I have been telling you for the past thirty minutes :joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

I’m getting video unavailable when trying to play the insert on the forum, but it works if I follow the link to youtube. No idea which movie might feature it prominently though.

2 Likes

I watched X-Men Apocalypse recently and it had Beethoven’s 7th Symphony in a scene, but that would probably be a dumb guess. :rofl:

2 Likes

You are correct! That is indeed a dumb guess. :joy:

Hint 1: it’s an American movie that has a partnership with India because it was filmed in several, actual, locations there, instead of using green screens.

Hint 2

It’s Beethoven’s symphony n°7, 2nd movement.

3 Likes

Definitely this movie

The fact that I watched this movie when I was young makes me a little sad

5 Likes

:joy:

It ain’t this movie but that looks so cute. I think I vaguely remember the first one. :thinking:

Hint 3

It plays in the movie’s opening sequence.

3 Likes

I mean I found the movie your are referencing, but only after looking it up, I think this will be a little hard to guess. I’ll let it go and see if anyone knows it.

4 Likes

Seriously? I thought it was super easy… sorry guys! ):

If no one guesses by the time I get home (6 hours from now), I’ll give the answer…

It’s one of my.favorite movies and I highly recommend it, @PeteMcc! :blush:

3 Likes