Name the Game

Well he wants us to say fallout obviously and go all “Haha ha neener neener it wasn’t fallout!” but I’m not sure what in this description makes the one distinguishable from the other.

6 Likes

Well I knew he wanted Fallout, and I knew it wouldn’t be, so Rage is the only other game I can think of where you are in a bunker and come out to a post apocalyptic world.

6 Likes

I’d wager that there’s a lot of misdirection going on. The wording makes me think that this is deliberately not what it seems.

6 Likes

:ok_hand:

correctomundo, there is simply no fooling you, "The Puzzler" :+1:

yep, honestly, was hoping someone would jump in without second thoughts so i could have gotten some glee on, but can’t sneak anything past the chronies it seems :wink:
i tried to slightly sprinkle 2 “direct” distinguishing elements, that also could still be vague enough to (hopefully) not have given it away right away…
the “getting jumped by bandits straight out”, and the “authority” -which was the actual name too for the baddies(iirc)

when will you all learn, i’m simply not clever enough for such trickery or imaginings. (at least not without 2 weeks prior notice) :smile:
My sole deviousness lies in it always being so simple you’ll think “it can’t be that simple” :smirk:

anyways, good one Pete, and blasted that you all spotted my "tries to make it fallout"ruse and didn’t go for it :wink:
sry it was so easy -i was in a bit of a rush tho
i’ll try to do better “next” time :sweat: :grimacing: :+1:

6 Likes

Well let me make it easier for everyone then

Forced to join a deadly proposition,
the beast uses threats to keep a fair competition.
The winner in the end can only be one,
covered in pink and you’re likely done
With an athelete, a serial killer, a singer of song
Proof and evidence is what will let the game go along

7 Likes

Honeslty don’t know why I like figuring/creating puzzles. I even sort of did one in this reply

Just because I could, though I am sure most didn’t notice due to the small full stops

5 Likes

That sounds like a battle royale game to me

3 Likes

Nope its not, maybe its too obscure and the clue is a little to vague. I’ll leave it one more day and then revise the clue

2 Likes

Death Run of some kind? @PeteMcc

4 Likes

Nope

2 Likes

I don’t play enough normal games to get it… but I will leave my 2 cents here… I feel the rhyming scheme is important (or maybe @PeteMcc is just having some fun with it), seems like one of those crime solving Scooby gangs (either with 3 party members or 3 playable characters: an athlete, serial killer and a signer of song) which move the game forward by proof and evidence…

Wait… is it Deadly Masquerade?

4 Likes

Just for fun

noope

yep

Nope

2 Likes

in some warped dimension, is it Sexy Brutale?

3 Likes

Nope

3 Likes

hmm… yea, i gave up trying to google key words/phrases from it, because clearly you had anticipated that move, and bribed google to only turn out gibberish…
(at least that’s my suspicion given the weird (completely unrelated) search results i kept getting) :wink: :smile:

5 Likes

Hmm lets make it a bit easier then, this should give you some search terms

Awakened and forced into a deadly proposition,
a black and white beast forces his competition.
alive out of this there can only be one,
stained with pink and you’re likely done.
16 kids, “ultimate” is how they’re described,
pity by the end many will have died.
With a swimmer, a serial killer, a singer of song
Proof and evidence is what will let the game move along

5 Likes

Oh right, that’d be Danganrompa wouldn’t it?

4 Likes

Ya, you win!

4 Likes

yea… i’d never have been able to guess that, never having touched it with a 30foot pole and all that :wink: :smile:

5 Likes

Ye, never touched either, the mere premise of that game keeps me away from it.

3 Likes