Mr. Delenn's Surgery Update!

He got his 12 staples out today in that awful ice/snow storm. Now comes the HARD part. Trying to keep him in his sling for 6 more weeks. I am not looking forward to this fight. And I know it will be.:cold_sweat:

19 Likes

Stay strong @delenn13 and your hubby! It’s gaming forum, so I will go for such analogy - Getting the toughest bosses flawlessly doesn’t mean you can get the winning speed runner time if you don’t keep your senses sharp during the inbetween … simple moments - where you can lose most of the time - those are always the hardest!

13 Likes

I am sooo glad he is recovering so well!!!

10 Likes

:no_mouth:

hope Mr and Mrs delenn still manages to have a good Valentines tomorrow :hugs:

15 Likes

I showed Mr. Delenn this and he said, "Yep, I am in “Misery”.:scream:

16 Likes

Glad it went well and I’m happy you were able to take this time to give us an update :). He’s lucky to have you and so are we. Sending positive energy your way :slight_smile:

And have an awesome Vday considering the circumstances :smiley:

11 Likes

Just to keep everyone up to date…Just got back from the doc. He twisted his arm in his sling while he was sleeping so he’s been in a lot of pain and it swelled up. Hopefully in time the pain will stop. We will see the doc again Mar 8th unless something else goes wrong…

11 Likes

Sending much love!

I second this. :heart:

11 Likes

Aww, you have not set him up in a straight jacket and strapped to the bed yet?! I kid, I kid :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope the pain ebbs and flows away sooner than later! Best wishes to your family throughout this complete process.

7 Likes

Trust me. It has passed my mind a few times. And a gag would be good too.:exploding_head:

11 Likes

We went to the Doctor today and he is officially OUT of the sling. It’s sore and he can hardly use it but he’s out of the sling. Now comes all the pysicotherapy. He, actually got out of the sling 3 weeks early. We must have dun gud!

18 Likes

you’ll be hiking down those moose in no time :+1:
(just remember the giant spool of ethernet cable) :rofl:

11 Likes

Apparently those straitjackets worked! That’s great news :slight_smile:. How long does the pysicotherapy (physiotherapy?) go for?

8 Likes

Woot! Happy to hear that from both of you. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Wishing you both all the best…

7 Likes

Is this some new fangled combination of physiotherapy and psychotherapy?

Great news :slight_smile:

9 Likes

LOL…using spell check does have it’s moments.:joy:

8 Likes

Well, in the US, it’s called physical therapy. In Canada, Europe, and a lot of other places, it’s called physiotherapy.

11 Likes

And there goes the US trying to be different again…

12 Likes

Just to keep you updated and to let you know that the adage of “When it rains, it pours” is true.

NTM my migraine but he’s been complaining his arm hurts more than usual since Sunday. He went to his PT today and they sent him to the ER. They seem to think he has an infection UNDER THE SKIN. :exploding_head:
So I am trying to get in touch with his surgeon to make an apt and he’s in the ER. Hopefully i will have more news soon>>>>>

18 Likes