Lost my coin streak even though I checked daily. Is this even possible?

Lost my streak as well, yesterday went from ~25 days in the chest progression (54 day streak) to… 3 days.

The streak was not reset to 0, but to 2, or at least when I went to click for the coins I got the first 3-day chest.

The streak would’ve been reset to 0 when it happened, it’s just that you didn’t notice until day 3 when the chest was awarded.

As a general update, we’ve still yet to replicate or see any evidence that there’s a bug with the streak system. Every lost streak we’ve looked into (included our own!) has been because there was no click during a sale.

2 Likes

No, that’s not the case. I am 100% sure that I went from 54 days to 3 days in one day.

Feel free to post as much info as you can about your browser/browsers, what devices you access the site from etc. either here or on their help email so maybe the problem can be replicated. I doubt @lonin has a reason to lie when he says they werent able to replicate such a problem.

Mozilla firefox from PC, “rocket browser” on android and mozilla firefox on android.
The bug happened with mozilla from PC.
I’m not calling him a liar, I’m just saying the streak actually reset to 2 and I’m sure of it.

Here are the logs:

Mon May 15 2017 13:56:14 GMT-0500 (CDT)  05-15-2017
Tue May 16 2017 15:12:26 GMT-0500 (CDT)  05-16-2017
Wed May 17 2017 11:18:34 GMT-0500 (CDT)  05-17-2017
Thu May 18 2017 11:15:10 GMT-0500 (CDT)  05-18-2017
Fri May 19 2017 11:33:36 GMT-0500 (CDT)  05-19-2017
Sat May 20 2017 12:40:32 GMT-0500 (CDT)  05-20-2017

**Lost streak Sunday, May 21**

Mon May 22 2017 15:27:25 GMT-0500 (CDT)  05-22-2017
Tue May 23 2017 12:29:06 GMT-0500 (CDT)  05-23-2017
Wed May 24 2017 17:07:13 GMT-0500 (CDT)  05-24-2017
Thu May 25 2017 11:15:13 GMT-0500 (CDT)  05-25-2017
Fri May 26 2017 11:32:52 GMT-0500 (CDT)  05-26-2017

Definitely did not immediately jump to 2 days :wink:

1 Like

That day I was using the other laptops chrome. But I usually use main pc or android

So you have a bug in your coin streaks and you trust your logs, great.
I know what I’ve seen, I’m not trying to bullshit -I’ve checked every day for 54 days and you think I wouldn’t notice something like this?
To be honest, I don’t care about the coins I lost from the streak, it’s just the fact that with that attitude, this bug isn’t gonna get fixed, ever.
Also, I just noticed the logs were wrong on my end too, but I know I’ve checked every day -I even check the shop to know how many days are left for the streak, so I would’ve noticed it resetting.

I don’t know how your streak code works, but if it’s based on your database, then I’d say some bug deletes previous days, thus causing it to think the streak was reset several days ago.

Mate Ionin is just trying to help you out here and you talk to people like this? This along with your other comments in other threads makes me think you are the one who needs an attitude adjustment. This is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt if you wish but I feel you need to be a bit more respectful. The content of your opinions in your last post is fine, you know what you saw with your streak reset and that’s, but the way you say it makes it come across so arrogant, maybe just think about how you are wording it.

7 Likes

He’s barely trying to help, he just told me the logs point that I’m wrong -even so, I didn’t insult him in any way, I just told him that he acts as if there was no bug at all.

And iff I do sound frustrated about this, it’s because it is frustrating.
It’s just “I lost my streak to a bug” “no you didn’t” “yes I did” “no you didnt”
What else do you want me to say? Just say sure and let the bug still happen? I don’t care if he fixes this bug or not, that’s his problem, but at least don’t act a conversation as if it was children talking, seriously.

Well as you say if there is a bug that shows the user that they clicked but it doesn’t register on the site then the logs would be faulty as well, as they would be affected by the same bug.

Of course that means it gets very hard to figure out where and how this happens. We would need some sort of end user logging system to see the problem at all and even then it’d probably not be able to show why.

I understand that it’s frustrating for you to go unbelieved probably more so than losing the coins. But even if we do believe you there’s still no information available to work with here other than there might be a problem with the server catching user inputs some times for some reason. So hey Ionin fix that why don’t you? : )

5 Likes

I’m really interested in figuring out what happened here, but it’s def not a issue where a streak reset and then jumped to :three: in a single spin.

And to be clear, we’re not just looking at your coin logs and assuming that is the single source of truth. There is a ton of data we collect and then pour over to be absolutely sure everything is working as it should.

Here is the replica set oplog. This is how the primary and secondary document stores stay synchronous with one another.

On the :two::zero:th we had a :five::four: day streak and it looks like we missed the spin for the :two::one:st. But we spun the next day on the :two::two:nd and our streak correctly reset back to :one:.

We also see corresponding requests from your ip address on each of those days, at each of those times.

{ 
    "ts" : Timestamp(1495302032, 1), 
    "o" : {
        "$set" : {
            "coins.last.spin" : ISODate("2017-05-20T17:40:32.815+0000"), 
            "coins.streaks.spin.current" : NumberInt(54), 
            "coins.streaks.spin.longest" : NumberInt(54)
        }
    }
}

{ 
    "ts" : Timestamp(1495484845, 1), 
            "coins.last.spin" : ISODate("2017-05-22T20:27:25.857+0000"), 
            "coins.streaks.spin.current" : NumberInt(1)
        }
    }
}

{ 
    "ts" : Timestamp(1495560546, 2), 
            "coins.last.spin" : ISODate("2017-05-23T17:29:06.371+0000"), 
            "coins.streaks.spin.current" : NumberInt(2)
        }
    }
}

{ 
    "ts" : Timestamp(1495663633, 2), 
            "coins.last.spin" : ISODate("2017-05-24T22:07:13.671+0000"), 
            "coins.streaks.spin.current" : NumberInt(3)
        }
    }
}

{ 
    "ts" : Timestamp(1495728913, 4), 
            "coins.last.spin" : ISODate("2017-05-25T16:15:13.816+0000"), 
            "coins.streaks.spin.current" : NumberInt(4)
        }
    }
}

So we’re super confident the streak increment at least behaved correctly and just didn’t jump several places all at once.

7 Likes

9 Likes

again mate the content of what you said is fine its just about showing some respect to other people. If your frustrated that’s fine but that is not what I am saying, you could have said what you said in far more respectful terms. You talk about not having a conversation like children and your right, we shouldn’t talk like children and as we grow older we understand the we have to show respect to each other in the way we talk. Unfortunately you comments don’t seem to come across that way to me.

The thing is that respect begets respect. You show respect and people show respect in return, they are more likely to talk to you and help you (or at least that’s what I have found).

EDITED: To follow my own advice

5 Likes

I wouldn’t bother anymore guys, everyone is wrong, only @ZeroZ30o is right and nothing will change their mind.

@nebula7 Let’s be fair here, if there is a bug, then it might explain why there are several people missing their streaks. It may really be a confusingly hidden bug and @ZeroZ30o 's due diligence helped Chrono Inc. find it. Let’s not judge harshly. We’re here to help them, and they’re here to help us.

@PeteMcc , I wish I could nominate you (and several others for their giveaways and deal PSAs) for user of the month or moderator status or something. I appreciate the example you’re setting for all of us, with friendly suggestions to avoid escalating anything. I can’t smash that like button hard enough.

4 Likes

Bugs dude they are a fickle thing, some are easy to find and replicate, others are a pain in the butt and take forever to figure out.
Also @K16 thanks mate I appreciate your kind comment. You are also someone I wish I would nominate for mod as well

3 Likes

People have been fair, that’s the problem, @PeteMcc has gone beyond the call to try an placate @ZeroZ30o, replying to each point they make with rational responses, @lonin has provided evidence that was simply ignored as wrong and I have no doubt they have investigated to try and discover a bug (me being fair and all).

I just don’t put up with people like this anymore they are exhausting and get you nowhere. I’ll meet resolute stubbornness with dismissal.

I’m not even a little surprised that people have lost streaks when they think they haven’t, that was bound to happen because checking a website for less than a minute a day is something really easy to think you have already done or simply forget. Then tomorrow what you remember happening yesterday actually happened a couple days ago. Seriously, I spent a large part of today knowing it was Tuesday and couldn’t work out why the shops at the market were closed, spoiler it’s Monday, double spoiler I’m an idiot. Point is sometimes your brain be dumb.

Also keep in mind that those claiming streak loss bugs are going to be a small vocal minority, it’s not like those that haven’t lost streaks are asking what happened. Even a couple of the posts above where people have lost their streaks are unsure if they checked the previous day or not.

All said and done maybe there is a bug, initially I was wary and followed the steps @lonin said about waiting until the coin stopped spinning before moving off the page, I haven’t lost my streak so I can’t speak to any sort of bug. All I know is that nothing will convince @ZeroZ30o differently.

This deer is rather teal.

ETA: I’m harsher towards @ZeroZ30o due in part to their posts in another thread, I thought it was all in this one but apparently not it’s this one ‘Coin shop’

4 Likes

Alright, but I’m sure I haven’t missed a day, so the only other possibility is the website not registering the press. I know you have no way of knowing about this, so I’ll screenshot from now on.

Edit: I responded harshly because I felt I was answered harshly. You can just put yourself on any side and white knight without looking at what your side does if you want, but I’m not having any of it.
Edit2: Also this thread isn’t named “is ZeroZ30o an idiot” so I suggest you get back on topic instead of wasting your time.

2 Likes

You can visit every single day and still break your streak depending on when you visit, for example:

• On the :two::one:st, when your streak was broken, you visited at 05/21/2017 08:10:01.000 -0500 – which was about ~3 hours before Sunday’s deal.

• The next visit was on the :two::two:nd at 05/22/2017 15:27:21.000 -0500 – which was about ~4.5 hours after Sunday’s deal had ended.

• So we missed Sunday’s deal

This is exactly how all of us in the office have lost our streaks. ^^^

The best thing to do is try to show up just after the daily deal changes or check at a super regular time every single day.