Likes on the forum are now chrono coins?

GOOD DAY SIR!

8 Likes

Granting actual Chrono Coin bonuses for coin likes on the forums seems to be a recipe for potential abuse. Iā€™m all for easy bonuses (like the way Gamefaqs has competitions where the prizes are bonus karma) but fishing for likes isnā€™t something Iā€™d want to see encouraged.

13 Likes

I am sure for the exact reason you have said that is why they are not going to do it, i think they just felt like changing the icon

6 Likes

If chrono.gg ever wants to turn these forums into a war zone, they would have to do only 2 things:

Tie coin gain to post count / community upvotes.

and (The crown jewel):

Put CS:GO on the shop on a regular basis.

VoilĆ”! Forums completely filled with EVERYONE and their brothers spamming the forums to get the gaem.

Just take a look at alienware arena forums (Tho they never gave out cs:go)ā€¦

But thankfully itā€™s chrono and they will not do such a thing.

9 Likes

or will they?

9 Likes

Too scary to concieve such a thoughtā€¦

But in reality if lonin and gang went absolutely nuts and did such a thing, the site would be on permanent ddos stateā€¦

People are crazy about cs:goā€¦

5 Likes

We have no plans to make the ā€œlikeā€ coins count as actual coins, we just thought it was a bit more in theme with the rest of the site. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Good to know. Have a coin.

9 Likes

forgot to look back at this. Canā€™t believe it got 49 likes. My fake OCD is triggered though.

6 Likes

49 likes, holy cow, I have never seen that many members show up since I was here.

5 Likes

I believe 49 might very well be a record. My highest is a mere 21.
Though itā€™s a little odd that this post is not in your ā€œtop postsā€ list, whatā€™s up with that?

ā€œTop repliesā€ doesnā€™t count OPs apparently.

7 Likes

Got a badge for pushing the likes to 50, but thereā€™s an issue: itā€™s still a heart.

Note for Chrono team.

8 Likes

Congrats @PeteMcc

7 Likes

thanks for hitting that like @Whitishmink I honestly didnā€™t expect this topic to go this far, but once the likes came streaming in i went with it, I also got a badge and seem to be the only one to have it at the moment, I even beat @lonin to it which i didnā€™t think would happen.

Also thanks @nebula7, i think some celebratory music is in order
lets keep the funk theme going

thanks everyone for the likes, lets keep the good times going!

5 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out!

8 Likes

Gotta love the coins as likes. Great idea!

6 Likes

Despite the thread being dead for a few months people have kept liking the original post, thanks for getting it to 70 everyone.:grinning::+1: :fist_right::fist_left:

6 Likes

Congrats mate! 70 likes - that is quite an achievement! Is this the most liked post of all-time?

There must be some reason people keep liking this post months later. I wonder what it could be :thinking:

10 Likes

Did it really say that? If so, thatā€™s actually pretty awesome, and Iā€™m jealous of the 50 likes badgeā€¦is there a 100 likes badge!?!

4 Likes