It's 2024 - Time to Hype New Releases or something

Always nice when two games you loved to play come together :blush:

9 Likes

Available to all players as a free update on February 18th!

AAA execs screaming in agony :scream:

7 Likes

Demo is out for switch today! I won’t spoil it but I don’t understand what’s going on anyway since it feels like the middle of the story.

It’s Final Fantasy Tactics-ish with Octopath Traveler graphics. I haven’t finished the demo yet. Lots of voice acting. So fancy. 3 routes for the storyline.

If you have a switch, give it a free demo download.

edit:

Ok. I found a trailer video.

5 Likes

Octopath Traveler graphics with FFT mechanics and gameplay? Ok, okay! Too bad if Square brings it to PC at later date it will be overpriced in my region, just like they did with Octopath. But if it turns out to be a good game, I might give it a chance when it’s on sale.

Let me know your thoughts on the demo after you’re done. :smile:

6 Likes
5 Likes

Okay, so Skyward Sword, Legend of Mana AND a new FFT styled game got announced for Switch. Plus, Nintendo Direct announced that we are getting the Monster Hunter themed Switch. Now I can get myself a Switch to play with my sisters and my friends. I’m afraid they will announce a Zelda themed one right after, but oh well I guess. lol

Anyhow, I’m super stoked for Skyward Sword and that FFT like game. Gonna be slammin! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

…son of a … I want a Switch now ><

5 Likes

It will be released on Steam too:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1175830/Legend_of_Mana/

7 Likes

asdfjkasdfhjsdf gkladfjksrftghbolpnsedjkdfgspbo;jdfjnlkarftgbhblp;oSEDjkfbaerftkl. gjkm.zDXcvbklokwerfghjnkmz

That roughly translates to, “OH MY GOD THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING EXCUSE ME I MUST FREAK OUT IN THE CORNER AHHHHH”.

5 Likes

@spinoute OMG. Ze price.

Worth it for replayability alone (once they have not messed with too much stuff). The game is literally endless.

Man I miss Elazul - the rude bastard. ^^

4 Likes

I got a super warm heart when 2 indie games, not connected with producers/people, do crossovers. Especially when the crossovers are in gameplay

6 Likes

I couldn’t understand a single thing that was happening or how to play the game properly as a kid, just connect the hubs whatever, let me kill stuff with my spear! Would be much better to play now that I can understand what is going on in the game. :smile:

4 Likes

Everyone already knew, but hey.

5 Likes

kinda sad i can’t even get hyped for D2 :confused:
really have little to 0 faith in actiblizz anymore

7 Likes

The original D2 still plays fine, mostly lacking in QoL options.
I will pass on both of these.

5 Likes

I finished the Project Triangle demo (name may change).

It was good but still needs some work on quality of life parts. It is a story heavy game, lots of dialog. I had to press the button a lot for every speech bubble. Other games have an auto-click that automatically continues the dialog and this didn’t have it, so that was annoying. There is also no option to skip entire scenes. Or, I couldn’t find it. That would be bad for replayability making me have to sit through all the conversations again and again. I hope they fix that.

Besides that, it was new and interesting. No chocobo, but they have a bird rider. The linear story with branching paths reminds me more of Fire Emblem than of Final Fantasy Tactics.

The demo had 3 possible battles that I could find. Your decisions decide who you fight in your battle. Different people show up that you can recruit depending on your dialog decisions. So I don’t hire them from a mercenary store like FFT or draft them from enemy armies like in FE. They just pop up on the map and you pick them or not.

The battles were fun and reminded me of FFT with a few extra gimmicks on affecting the weather and environment. I was satisfied that the enemies weren’t pushovers. They were tough and competent. Some of my people died in my first battle but were still available in my second battle. So no perma-death.

One last thing, the pixel characters were endearing at first, but look a little silly and out of place on a large screen tv when the environment looks so aesthetic. I never played Octopath traveler so I don’t know if others had the same opinion. But this is just my opinion.

Anyway, I’ll definitely buy it when it comes out. :rofl:

edit: There was a fast forward button that sped quickly through dialogs. But no skipping scenes and no auto-play of dialogs. I typed it weird so I wanted to clear that up.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, from what I know about Square Enix, they are very out of touch with their fanbase, they just know their products will sell and won’t care about anything else. I do hope they take the feedback from the demo and do changes though, but’s far fetched. As long as it’s a good game, it’s alright.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts :two_hearts:

5 Likes

I wonder if they are going to pull Warfract III Reforged on us… :smiley:

5 Likes

Well, at least it was already been answered that you’ll still be able to play the original version, Resurrected is standalone available through the battlenet client.

3 Likes

I’ve got the D2 files somewhere. I should probably actually play it sometime. Along with D3…

3 Likes