I'm going to Europe for the first time. Would you guys and gals kindly share some tips?

the hayman v corn-man was the WVWF’s greatest achievement.

4 Likes

Sadly, I have to admit that I am somewhat disappointing when you meet me in real life… :frowning:

I did however learn about Prokofiev and Stalin dying on the same day yet receiving very different treatment.

6 Likes

Cheer up, emo!

7 Likes

As I told before, disappointment only happens if you have expectations. So chill, man!

Trip update: I’m currently in Amsterdam a realized a lifelong dream of visiting the Van Gogh Museum yesterday. Although it was magnificent, I have to say that THE museum you have so see in Am is definitely the Anne Frank Houis.

I struggled the whole time not to cry while in there.

Today I’m visiting the Rembrandt house as well. (:

9 Likes

hope you didn’t lose an ear, i’ve heard the cost to entry is intrinsic :wink:
:smile:
-i’ll see my self out :bowing_man:

8 Likes

Well, I am back, people.

did-you-miss-me-gif-1

“A summary of the opera” as we would say in Portuguese:

:uk: UK: London and Lincoln. London was too busy for my taste, and Lincoln is one of my favorite places in the world now. No cathedral I saw tops theirs, and I saw Notre Dame. Met @xist and we walked around museums and made fun of derpy animals. Also met a longtime internet friend and her boyfriend. The three of us having dinner together was one of the best moments of my life.

:netherlands: NETHERLANDS: Amsterdam (aka AmsterDAMN), Harleem and Helmond. Amsterdam was also not my kind of place, but the museums were amazing. Feeding birbs in Harleem was fun and so was meeting and staying at my friend’s place in Helmond – also an internet friend, but he’s not on Chrono.

:de: GERMANY: Cologne, Frankfurt and Heidelberg. I had a rough time in Germany due to bad timing and controversial decisions. So instead of talking about the bad and the ugly, let’s talk about the good: Heidelberg is fantastic. They have a castles encased by history and the whole feel of the town is otherworldly. Also their Christmas market was loads of fun. Hung out with this Croatian girl I met randomly.

:switzerland: SWITZERLAND: Basel and a mountain I forget the name. Met one of my closest internet friends and we went up a mountain and I saw snow for the first time. Also met with two of his flatmates (he lives in a student’s dorm) and we listened to music a lot (talking about music online is how we met). Walked around and drank some coffee. Everything cost at least two livers: yours and your mother’s. Got drunk AF on New Years and saw some new years German TV programme. Also ate that national dish where you put cheese on things (not things on cheese like fondue).

:greece: GREECE: Athens. I booked a last minute cheap ticket to Athens while I was staying at Lincoln. My Switzerland friend and @Vandem helped me make my dream come true. Was possibly the happiest week of my life. I saw several stones (aka destroyed monuments because thank you Persians and British) and had a little bit of sunlight for the first time in days. Met with my best friend and we went up hills, parks and even a foundation in Athens that faces the sea and has musical concerts and the National Library inside. Was not the time of the year to go to the islands.

:fr: FRANCE: Auvers-sur-Oise, Meriel, Versailles and Paris. In Auvers I saw Theo and Vincent Van Gogh’s grave. I left some flowers. Was one of the most peaceful and beautiful moments of my life. In Versailles I saw the Chateau and got rained on a lot, also cold. The palace wasn’t as beautiful as in Summer but there were almost no tourists and I toured an empty garden. Was amazing. In Paris I saw Louvre, d’Orsay, the three Arcs and the Eiffel Tower from a distance. Put up with @Vandem’s nonsense for two whole days (how am I still alive?) and got hosted by this amazing dude called Joe whom I met in Athens. The three of us hung out at night drinking some weird Korean alcohol and afterwards we went to an Indian restaurant. I also visited The Louvre for free on Friday night and marveled at the Van Goghs on d’Orsay.

:brazil: BRAZIL: it’s too hot I have low blood pressure and I feel like crap someone help me.

19 Likes

Welcome back, maybe a bit weird to say as you just left my continent. I’m glad to hear you’ve had a mostly good time. It’s been great hearing about your escapades through the few chronies you managed to meet up with.

9 Likes

About that, I have heard the following sentence from @Vandem, in a tone that wavered between a chuckle and “please help me God”:

“You are exactly what I excepted you would be like.”

Now cue to me taking a photo with a person dressed in a hideous peacock costume and getting super excited over visiting a children’s park and buying Asian chips based on which package looks worse.

10/10 dudette

8 Likes

sounds really wonderful, so glad you could get this experience :hugs:

6 Likes

Guys what the actual hell.

9 Likes

Welcome back to the forums! I’m really glad you had such a blast! I wish you to be able to travel to other destinations you want to visit as soon as possible :stuck_out_tongue:! Cheers!

5 Likes

Clearly you’ve been greatly missed.

6 Likes

Welcome back @coralinecastell!

7 Likes

What the hell is that profile picture.

7 Likes

It’s a cartoon representation of me… :slight_smile:

My wife drew it and @DownwardConcept cleaned it up a bit. @PeteMcc played around and did some coloring, though I currently like the simple hand-drawn black & white look. @onLooSe offerred to do more as well…

8 Likes

I AM NOT USED TO THIS.

Is that a cooking hat? And what does it say?

6 Likes

Of course she left out that part where…

…started bleeding spontaneously just by walking next to her or when she tried to murder me while I was innocently sitting on a swing (she clearly tried to send me to space so I would suffocate) or when a bakery… okay, you get the idea.
DO NOT LET HER INTO YOUR COUNTRY! YOU WILL DIE! THIS IS MY LAST WARNING!

I was lucky to get out alive but Joe… *sigh* he was part of her plan to relocate Vincent Van Gogh’s remains to her bedroom. If you ever visit Vincent’s grave, don’t get fooled by what is written on the tombstone. RIP

9 Likes

:smile:
seems everything went as one might have expected :joy:

8 Likes

I want to hear about the bad, though! Is it because you didn’t eat Pizza at Nennillo’s?
Also where’s the promised Instagram/pictures?

5 Likes

Welcome back…you were missed!!!

5 Likes