Humble Monthly Becomes Humble Choice

Let me know when you get that, I’m still looking for people to play with!

3 Likes

@Vindace indace Will let you know the moment it happens! :heart:

4 Likes

I just got this email:

On December 6, 2019 at 10:00 am PT, Humble Monthly will become Humble Choice.

As long as you are actively subscribed to Humble Monthly, your subscription will roll over to the Classic plan.

A few common questions for the switch to Choice

How will I know if I’m getting the Classic plan?
Keep your subscription active before December 6 at 10:00 am Pacific time and you will get the Classic plan. We’ll email you before December 6 to confirm you are still eligible for the Classic plan.

How will I get my December Monthly content?
On December 6 at 10:00 am Pacific time, you will receive an email with a link to all of your December Monthly games. You will also receive a link to check out games for Humble Choice’s first month. All games for Choice are revealed upfront!

Are there any changes to billing?
Just like with Humble Monthly, you will be billed on the last Friday of the month. You can also pay early to unlock your games immediately.

Can I pause and keep my Classic plan?
Yes. The only way a subscriber will lose access to the Classic plan is to cancel. A subscriber may pause at any time.

5 Likes

I think I’m gonna get fffff here. Though I’ve got gifted subscription running till August 2021, that doesn’t count as an active subscription, and it doesn’t say anywhere what this will mean for me. Will i get thrown in basic and only get 3 games a month? or what?

actually, scratch that:

thank God :crazy_face:

and then thank you-know-who-you-are for helping me out

7 Likes

Well, my mind is made up - defo. want to get Kiwami and friends. Hm. December 6th, should be an interesting day, no matter what the up front games end up being.

shrug I sense an imminent saltiness in the force.

Edit: @M00 Glad you’re not going to get messed up by the change to Choice. ^^

6 Likes

So with this “monthly choice” BS I figured I’d just swear off humble entirely, as per my previous reasoning. But MAYBE just one more month before I leave.Capture
What’s the catch humble?

11 Likes

Just who is that offer open to? New people? O_O

3 Likes

Oh, gee. And i already paid for it…while I had the money…LOL

2 Likes

Well I think the catch is that it doesn’t work, can’t find a way to apply a $33 off coupon to the subscription. The link does nothing and I don’t see anything but the usual sub options. I’ve sent in a support request about it, I’ll let you know if I get an answer.

4 Likes

I’m still paused and it’s a $12 charge for me still.

4 Likes

I assume it’s usually $12 for you? What kind of a discount is that? I sometimes get 3 dollar discounts, could this be some strange error?

4 Likes

Yea I have gotten the 3.00 discount before but never anything like 33.00 off.

I paid 12US with exchange was almost 18CA.

4 Likes

i still wonder why you keep getting the best/weirdest humble discounts, :smile:
think i recieved 3$ discount, once, whenever i cancel/pause i just had to pay full price again :weary:
where is the love :notes: Humble?

9 Likes

$33 off?! How long have you been subbing? I’d imagine that is available as a special offer to long time subbers, people who do yearly stuff. That is good. The catch though, I bet, is to convince you to keep subbing to a sub-par gaming plan. More money, less games. They’re trying to convince you it is a better deal simply because you can pick which games you want, but it is locked behind tiers and not only that, most of the games will be terrible and rehashes most subbers already received.

5 Likes

It might be possible to click Subscribe now and then use the Pause option on this month’s bundle (I think everyone is billed monthly on the 29th) to lock in the discounted rate for Humble Choice.

When this thread first appeared I tried to get one of the discount offers from Humble by abandoning the checkout process at the last step. I panicked for a moment when I hit Subscribe expecting a checkout process to begin only instead the next page that loaded said I was enrolled in Monthly and there was my PayPal info visible at the bottom of the page. I was immediately charged for the Monthly bundle after a single click !?!? After checking PayPal and my Humble Keys page for any of that month’s titles I noticed the billing date was still a week or two away. :relieved: I was already on the fence with (last) month’s bundle but decided to get over with it and buy it. Of course, the second after I paid I recalled that the Pause option had appeared to have been an active page element and that I may actually have just been able to “Subscribe” to Humble Choice’s reduced rate for free by continuing to Pause each month instead. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It may require having a billing method already saved to be able Subscribe and instantly use the Pause option (I had previously subscribed to get one Monthly bundle)… Or it may not work at all and I got things all mixed up because Humble Bundle is worse than a used car salesman when it comes to pressuring you into subscribing, I wanted the assurance I’d get the discount for Humble Choice and didn’t really want to worry about it anymore by then. But if you were about to bite the bullet and pay for this month’s bundle just to get into Humble Choice it might be worthwhile to see if you can Pause immediately so you’re “subscribed” and able to get the discounted rate when Humble Choice arrives without having to pay anything upfront now. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I have the usual 3$ bucks off offer.

4 Likes

No, sadly the emails and explanation pages say you have to stay subscribed with the Classic option to keep it. You can’t pause it/cancel it.

4 Likes

no, u can pause but u cant cancel

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036658733-Humble-Choice-Classic-Plan-FAQ#pause

7 Likes

The @M00 cow is correct …again :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

PSA for everyone who was at one time subscribed, you can resubscribe and then pause without paying. That’s what I did. I cancelled my membership last year, then resubscribed and paused it for this month (though I May unpause). Humble now says that I’ve been subscribed since some time in early 2018 despite that I’ve only been subscribed a number of those months.

5 Likes