Humble Choice monthly - What Are You Choosing and Why?

Took all of 5 seconds to decide I’d be pausing again. I’m no longer disappointed. I have finally accepted the fact that Humble and I have come to the end of our relationship. You have to go through the five stages of grief. :wink:

7 Likes

That actually sounds like something I’d enjoy o: Not for the price and hassle of HB membership though.

5 Likes

From all those games of this month I own CrownTrick, and I’ve played it enough to recommend it. It’s a fun little game similar to Midboss, Dungeons of Dredmor and others where your character moves in squares and you have to strategize your attacks and dodge the attacks from enemies with precision.

I admit that the titular crown is an unlikeable a-hole who’s using a child as a means to an end but despite this the game is really good and worth a look.

5 Likes

I have Crown Trick also. Sorry it took so long to move. These headaches… :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Ah, so Professor Dumbledore is in this game then?

Oh and Humble offerec me $4 off, which is never bad, but still $16 in my currency plus tax. So guess maybe Halloween may be more tempting?

4 Likes

reminder for people that the end of the month is coming up. If you haven’t decided yet, might want to make that decision before Humble does it for you.

I paused. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

4 Likes

Yip. Paused already. Hoping for a tempting Halloween themed offering. Forgive me Father did look intriguing though.

Good to remind people to hit the brakes - auto charging so sucks. They send an email after they grab the coins, why not send a reminder one in case you want to pause? ><

3 Likes

'member when waiting for new Humble Monthly was exciting?

4 Likes

Remember when we actually had to wait for new months because spoilers were miles off the mark?

4 Likes

OMG Deathloop

8 Likes

The good: It’s an interesting concept.
The bad: Still seems pretty buggy and filled with poorly implemented mechanics.
The ugly: Denuvo

5 Likes

?DB3Z-EG?X9-G79?G

? = 2 - 2

4 Likes

Not available for my country. :pensive:

Does someone have a Sotuh America compatible key of this game ?

3 Likes

Here they are…

5 Likes

All my eyes are on Deathloop this month. :eyes:

Already own Monster Train, and it’s a really fun card game. Got this during a sale over Slay The Spire and didn’t regret it ever since.

5 Likes

I don’t own any of them.

4 Likes

Hmn… not sure I’d say it’s the choice I’d have made.

6 Likes

I have about another 40 hours on STS mobile, but I only just started playing monster train a few months ago. They are about even in my books, both are good in different ways.

5 Likes

Yeah, at the time I’ve got the game which was the most interesting to me, and since Monster Train featured non-human characters as protagonists I’ve bought it right away.

I’ll get Slay The Spire someday but right now I have a good selection of card games, and Monster Train is one of them.

5 Likes

I don’t think there’s any human characters in slay the spire either though. Don’t get me wrong, not saying that Monster Train is bad by any means but it failed at really grabbing my attention. Of course in my case Monster Train came in at a point where I had already played Slay the Spire to death and back again so my desires for card games had been pretty well sated.

But what really set Slay the spire apart for me is that out of those 180h played 120 of them were base game and then I got another 60h worth of enjoyment out of community mods. There’s so many absolutely excellent deck sets in the workshop a lot of people have put in some real quality work there. There’s still stuff left for me to explore if I would be so inclined.

5 Likes