Humble Choice monthly - What Are You Choosing and Why?

Also you can get the Humble Classic for $12US…For 12 months…

“Don’t want to wait for March? For a limited time, new customers can sign up for Choice Premium and get access to all February Choice Games for 12 months at $12 a month.”

3 Likes

if that is the case (I don’t see it anywhere), this is probably going to become the biggest shitstorm they’ve ever experienced

besides that though, possibly the best bundle i’ve seen in a year or so

4 Likes

old version is actually still for sale on Epic, for some weird af reason @_@

4 Likes

4 Likes

notice how it doesn’t say Ultimate edition :smirk: :money_mouth_face:

5 Likes

but the base game isn’t on steam, I think, right? only that one version… the ultimate edition?

4 Likes

yup

hence “epic key” plot twist joke :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

i could pause it I suppose if that were the case…

3 Likes

tbh i’m really curious how march is gonna play out
i can’t imagine that either being the old version, or an epic key is gonna land well with most of their subs :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: - so will be mighty interesting to see if it’s actually one(or both), of if they keep it “steam kosher”

3 Likes

This seriously looks like they are trying to use control to sell the entire darn bundle. Assuming what they have listed is indeed the bundle contents, I would really only be passively interested in Hotshot Racing and Control.

So unless the bundle contents are different, I might as well pause as soon as it comes out.

4 Likes

But guys… guys… as cool as Control lady looks, and likely is to be: Elex my dudes!

Can’t speak for much of the rest of the list though. >.<

The new subscribers getting a super steal. I wonder if Humble can keep going with these kinds of discounts. :thinking:

I still just want Bloodstained. in Humble. sniff Wishful thinking. sniff

Edit: Tbh though, a game like that on GOG would be cooler. Play anytime without a launcher of any kind ><

3 Likes

Elex is good, I have played on and off over the past few months, always want to play more, but never having enough time to sit down and crunch through the game as I wish.

Biggest complaint about Elex for me is why does everyone have the same face? LOL! It really feels like they didn’t have enough face model designs, and it drives me nuts when multiple fairly important NPCs all share the same face/head shape and only has a couple of scars different, or maybe a bit different hair. For all seriousness, I have not made that much progress in that game and I have already seen an NPC that kind of looks like the protagonist…

Anyway, gotta love the Gothic inventory style, I will never complain about that. Haha! I remember playing Gothic a long time ago and being pleasantly surprised at having basically infinite inventory, and I was just hoarding stuff like crazy. It’s same here, but with better organization. Pretty sure it is organized a lot better than Gothic 4 (is that the last one?) though I did play that a while back still, so memories are slightly fuzzy.

3 Likes

I think that series is 3 games… could be mistaken. I had forgotten it’s on my to play list as well. As for the same faces, man MMOs do that a lot too, or used to, so that’s fine with me.

FFV had pretty much bottomless inventory. I loved it! I collected things for no discernible reason, :XD. Hence why I’m afraid of Forager, :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy to know Elex is as good as I’m hoping. ^^

3 Likes

There was a spin-off game after Gothic 3 called Arcania I think, I have seen it referred to as Gothic 4 from time to time, that’s why I just lumped it all together.

3 Likes

Well, I just went to claim my February games and I’m disappointed that I can’t redeem Moving Out nor Outward… They probably sent me LATAM/South America keys because on SteamDB it only shows Puerto Rico under those region variant listings for both of them. I have no idea why that’s the case when PR uses US for games, billing/shipping addresses, and so on. :disappointed_relieved:

After digging through their FAQ (while typing out this post on and off as I do stuff around the house), it looks like they stopped issuing keys based on ip location at some point and it seems to have set me automatically to PR ever since. (Which technically isn’t wrong, but because most sites don’t have PR correctly set as part of the US it causes multiple issues when trying to find or buy stuff.) I’ve managed to change my store location to US, but I’ll have to contact them about the keys and hope for the best. (Maybe that was my issue, seeing as the location change textbox mentioned that region locked games would default to US keys from now on.) Not expecting anything since all of the posts I’ve found of people who had the same issue didn’t have any luck sorting it out… Wish me luck.

In the meantime, if anyone’s willing to part with their keys for those two games, please let me know.
I still have some spare keys (for future giveaway threads) lying around, so I’m up for trading if that’s more up your alley.

As for March’s lineup, I’m actually looking forward to the WWE game. :sweat_smile: I used to watch wrestling with my uncle sometimes when I was a kid. Hadn’t watched it ever since, but I’m trying to get back into it as of the end of last year. I had it on my wishlist over at GMG, so I’m glad I didn’t end up buying it during their last sale. Not really familiar with anything else (besides Control and its Alan Wake crossover DLC, iirc), so I’ll have to look them up later.

4 Likes

For those curious about the whole Control situation: HB Support ninjas confirmed on Twitter that you will have the choice between EGS or Steam key: https://mobile.twitter.com/humblesupport/status/1364327606846382085?s=19

8 Likes

Well Control,Elex and Chimera Squad does look as pretty compelling lineup . If that’s actually going to be next month i’ll might just bite for those 3.

3 Likes

that’s actually awesome, customer freedom of choice is the way to go - still curious if it’s actually the upgraded/new version or the old (just because they didn’t list it as ultimate edition)

4 Likes

That’s cool, but only the Ultimate Edition exists on Steam and Humble only mentions “Control”, as in the standard edition, which is only on Epic.

However, I went to Steamdb and found this:

This might mean that the standard edition will be added to Steam, and in that case if Humble is indeed giving out this edition, then a choice between Steam and Epic is possible.

3 Likes

whether or not it’s the Ultimate or standard edition we’ll just have to see
but i just thought it something to point out since Humble has done this a couple of times in the past

3 Likes