Humble Choice monthly - What Are You Choosing and Why?

Outward is probably the only thing I’d consider, though Endless Space 2 is great!

6 Likes

Have and played some already, keeping the others. Great month of games, really nice titles.

8 Likes

If anyone got all games and is willing to part with Iris and the Giant for some money, let me know. The game looks really cool to me

5 Likes

c:

Trine is a thing of beauty. Look how pretty she is with those flowers in her hair^^

Valkiria series always drew attention, as it reminded me of the Hogs of War (I kno, so alike :D).
Untold Stories, because Lovecraft.
Endless Space, coz beautiful, epic strategy.
Valfaris would mesmerize with the music and kill me all the time.
No choosing for me tho.

7 Likes

Much better than last month, nothing really here for me except Iris and the Giant, just traded someone for it so I am good.

6 Likes

woa, another month with all 12 games, who would have suspected :hushed:
-not complaining since it’s not a bad month, and pleases me to be greedy and get all, but kinda funny these “exclusive” offers never end :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

The games I want in this one I own already, but there are definitely some good picks in there. Trine 4 is fun with a friend or two online if you like puzzle/platformer/action games and then Valkyria Chronicles is just a fun strategy game even if you aren’t a huge fan of strategy games. It has a very JRPG feel.

4 Likes

Ok, but what’s good about it? (jk I just don’t really like jRPGs and don’t understand why so many people like them)

6 Likes

If I didn’t already have Valkyria chronicles 4 I would probably jump on this one without hesitation. But now it’s primarily Outward and to a lesser degree Endless space that are tempting. Not even much in the way of intriguing indie games this time around either. Iris seems like it could be good, I often tend to like card games and deck builders.

I’ll try to fish for a discount, not sure I want to spend the full $12.

4 Likes

For me really it would be maybe outward, Endless Space and adding Trine 4 and Moving out to the pile of games I own.

something to sit on for now.

5 Likes

You can’t imagine why people would like any JRPG at all? Like no idea? Maybe I’m misunderstanding.

5 Likes

I’m going to be curious to see what happens to Outward’s “mostly positive” rating as new humble bundle subs try it out. As far as I understand it is a rather niche appeal kind of title and there’s a lot to it that most people will find tiresome and boring. I’m not even sure if I’m part of the group that will like or hate it myself.

5 Likes

Not “any jRPG”, just “fans of the whole genre”. Like, there are good jRPGs no doubt (I did like Off, for instance), but a lot of them are formulaic and grindy. It was written in a way that “having a jRPG feel” is a minus, because it suggests to me that the game is going to have the same grindiness, and the same tropey characters that a lot of games from the genre have

6 Likes

Well I can reassure you the characters are well and truly tropey, to the point the game actually makes fun of it itself in one of the DLCs storylines. There isn’t much or really any grind necessary, unless you want to hunt for high score ranks. The game is constructed out of missions and while some of them takes place on the same maps the placements and objectives and units involved vary and you never HAVE to replay any missions.

It is first and foremost a strategy RPG, the j-flavour is mostly as a result of having been created in and for a Japanese market.

4 Likes

Oh yeah it definitely has some of the tropes. There’s no grind though. It’s a strategy game first and foremost. Most of the JRPGs I’ve played at least mask any sort of grind they have behind quests and story anyway so they normally don’t feel grindy to me with a few exceptions. It’s free to play games like Warframe for instance or maybe mobile games that feel grindy to me. I can’t think of many JRPGs I’ve played recently that were mindless grind.

5 Likes

Not gonna lie, this months’s bundle actually pleased me in so many ways.

Decided to activate all of them, especially happy for Trine 4, Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Outward since I was planning to get those anyway at some point.

7 Likes

Alright here’s your monthly reminder that Humble choice is about to charge you for games you might not want and/or need.

Also to be extra tricky this time they’ve changed their billing cycle so it will happen on the 23rd, Tuesday.

I managed to fish out a $4 off coupon when I went to cancel right now so I went ahead and grabbed it. Anyone here really keen on Valkyria Chronicles 4?

5 Likes

Yea it always nice when you can get a discount on it.
also sure i would be interested in playing it if you had no use for it.

4 Likes

Brace yourself, guys…

BECAUSE NEXT WEEK IS GOING STROOOOONG:Own Control forever when it comes to Choice on March 2nd! | Humble Bundle Blog

5 Likes

eeuuuw WWE 2K Battlegrounds - i see 2k really want to milk any potential remaining mtx before their next egregious WWE release :face_vomiting:

plot twist: Control is the old version, and an Epic store key :laughing:

5 Likes