Hollow Knight: Gods & Glory release date announced. (or the general Hollow Knight discussion thread)

Ugh finally defeated the watcher knights)never ever want to see them again)…fragile(unbreakable I guess now) strength, grubsong, weaversong and sharp shadow all helped. Now to go try and kill traitor lord…another one I’m having issue with. :confused:

7 Likes

welp, guess you didn’t manage to meet Cloth around with all her encounters then? She sorta spoils the fight a little and makes it sorta easier, a little in the sense of Quirrel with Monomon tho not as strongly

but with or without Cloth, the basic tactic is still pretty much sorta the same “duck and weave” (unless you go fullon banzai on him ofc and just kill him in 18 attacks in 15seconds ?:thinking::smile:)

• you can try to keep him “in range” and he might not do his throwing glaive attack as much or at all(he should only throw when he gets X distance to you),
  • and then you just “jump” his charge(or dash the opposite way, or even through him if timed correct) and counter attack.
  • For his dive attack you do the same -or “preemptively” dash behind him and then counterattack
  • The main threat can be his Shock Wave attack, since it’s the only one in game you can’t skip around, and you need iframes to survive, which depending on dash timings can have left you on cooldown, so you need to use desolate dive then for the iframes to pass through the force wave without damage, but usually dash should be pretty reliably enough get you through unless you get really unlucky and “just” used it right before the wave

it’s a pretty straight up fight, once you get used to his 2 main moves and when/where to dash and counterattack, -even if the fight drags a little longer without Cloth, it’s still essentially the same "react and hit"fight.
Btw since healing can be sparse due to his rapid nature, if health is an issue you can just go for Lifeblood charms for extra masks here with little penalty, but the usual strength+shaman stone ofc is super advisable to end it quicker :+1:
best of luck Nicole :hugs:

6 Likes

Sad part…Cloth is helping…did I mention I’m horrible at combat in games? :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually like this attack it gives me a small window to heal…wish he would do it more :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a hard time judging where he’s gonna land when he jumps to strike at me diagonally and usually wind up landing at the same place as him :woman_facepalming: and the shockwaves…didn’t realize that I could use desolate dive as well as dash for those so that may help

5 Likes

me too :fist:, then if i like a game i learned and embraced the “persistence is key” mantra :blush:,
-aaand for other games i just toss the controller aside and switch the game off :rofl:

well, just keep him at range then to make him trigger it :wink:

yea your ground slam, -desolate dive/descending dark, gives invincibility frames for X short duration after the initialization of “dive” animation. Once the "twist and turning"animation is done (you can be interrupted during this small time +take dmg) during the descend and landing +“bounce” you retain iframes for a short time, which is enough to get you through the full/tall size of the “barrier” from his Shock Wave attack, -and survive all manner of other kinds of stuff and attacks ofc

5 Likes

Aaaaand I finally killed him…

spoiler?

well Cloth did anyway… :cry:

Thanks for the tips, they definitely help. :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Just bought a thing!!!
Like a week ago or so… I’ve played a bit since then

Little celebratory pic, with a fuzzy background of the last new place I rested at.
You’ve no idea how hard is to find reference material without spoilers.

14 Likes

Remember, @M00 found spending all his Geo on Rancid Eggs incredibly useful and not a waste at all. Certainly don’t let the fact that Gnuffi, Fraggles and I basically never used them at all put you off.

10 Likes

I love the chrono Geo coin you’ve created there. I hope you’ll enjoy the game.

11 Likes

He likes to cosplay :neutral_face:

I’m enjoying the game thus far, save for some nuances it’s a pretty good game.

@xist …huh, I guess I’ll have to find out once I know what do they do then.

8 Likes

useless hint of the day: they are not used for making omelettes

:smile:

7 Likes

Don’t break my hopes man D:

7 Likes

They’re pretty tasty, I hear.

Also, NKG is terrifyingly fast.

5 Likes

i’m glad someone else thinks so too :+1: :blush:

ps, if someone feels like they struggle a little with him, i highly recommend the "oh sht oh sht holy crap i’ll be deaded -spam heal"charm setup: Shape of Unn, Quick Focus, Deep Focus, -lets you heal damn near fully up on flame pillars if you have the mana.

3 Likes

I am inspired…

Never leave us.

5 Likes

NEVER!!! at least not for the foreseeable future, you never know you know? :thinking:

@Gnuffi I discovered what the egg things are for! you lied to me! potentially so, I can’t confirm, but omelettes are a possibility D:<

8 Likes

well, i didn’t know what they were for initially but bought over 50 of them thinking there was no way the game would let me keep on buying something without end if it wasn’t a rly good item … i figured, better put my geo into something potentially rly good than risk losing them :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Huh… for me if a game allows me to endlessly buy an item it usually means that it can be easily acquired by other means and the store is just a commodity, case in point, I already have seven, of which I only bought two to test out some dialogue.

A little update, I’m not a fan of orange in this game, it makes harmless things big and explodey.

10 Likes

Oh, believe me it gets worse…much, much worse more orange…

11 Likes

Oh GOD the CITRUS.

6 Likes

There are :tangerine::tangerine::tangerine: everywhere I tell you, everywhere.

I’m at that point in the game where I spend a whole day trying to find that room that I somehow skipped, which for some reason also had the only upgrade that forbid me from making progress, on the bright side, I did a lot of side tasks, upgrades and got a lot of geo that I’ve nowhere else to spend, should I give it all for the kingdom or something?

Anyway, in short, I can’t buy her cookies, I found a corpse in white armor, have my journal up to date, oh! and I finally got the heart of a big round thing which I miss in the place from the pic above :weary:

8 Likes