Has Humble Decided to Abandon Us?

They do tiny sales at ludicrous base prices. I can sorta get $20 being a minimum for CoD 1 (even though it’s a decade old), same with everything up to Modern Warfare… but they want $40 for Black Ops 1. Season Pass not included. $40 for Modern Warfare 3. Season Pass not included. $60 for Black Ops II and Ghosts. Season Pass not included.

Their sales are also highly infrequent, and they’re likely to go 33% off rather than anything substantial. 33% off is what I’d take for a brand new release, not a game that’s more than a decade old.

4 Likes

cod 1 has been sold for $8 on steam, cod 2 and mw4 for $8 elsewhere, BO 2 for $12 elsewhere, MW3 $12 elsewhere…

4 Likes

Everyone is buying the 1 dollar tier because most have the beat the average and higher already from past bundles.

3 Likes

you are both right
Cod goes on sale “frequent”/“regularly” enough, but not for high discounts anymore
standard is 50% it seems for Activision games of late, with less on certain more popular/recent CoD titles, making them absolutely worthless to buy in steam (in most cases) as you can find them cheaper elsewhere, like physical retail
or 3rd party shops that chop off a cut of their own too
but for the past few years Activision has been running that strange 50% “max” discount on most of their titles, incl cod ofc, same with ubisoft doing their new shtick of 66%,
-a select few titles might dodge that auto/new policy setting, but most seem to run with it, making a cheap/fair CoD(or just “activision games”) bundle then like a highly welcome prospect (even if totally unlikely lol)

3 Likes

I guess so…

I bought Lords of the Fallen alone than the current BTA price… I might just buy it, but what would I do with it… ?? lol…

4 Likes

Pssssst guys… Its was a joke about Call of Duty. No need to fight about pricing. :rofl:

4 Likes

Wait, there are a couple of Chronies who still have Lords of the Fallen on their WLs…

Not sure if they feel the BTA price is good enough…

@Enki and @AcornAvenger, maybe you would want to get this for yourselves?

5 Likes

doubt that bta price would be worth if for Lords of the Fallen for @Enki considering steam gives our sloth local prices/currency making it much much cheaper there when it’s on sale ? :thinking:
-given it goes on those 6-5USD(80%discount)-sales often enough, i’d imagine it then on the brazilian store front it would only be a few BRreals then :grey_question: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, might be cheaper just to buy it from steam… I guess if the other games in the bunch have any draw at all, but I just don’t see it… I probably won’t buy it, since I would only be giving all of it away later…

5 Likes

Oh boy, the Humble Eurojank Bundle is real!

OH JEEZ NOT THAT ONE

There’s one game in there I want… Lords of the Fallen. It’s not even CI. It’s Bandai Namco, and they sold it off after the IP went nowhere, same as Necropolis. Oh, and I already have it.

Yeah, I’d give this bundle a miss and pocket your $15 for when the Darksiders franchise goes on sale (or if you’ve already done that, put it in your Darksiders III savings fund).

5 Likes

u mean like right now?

click here

5 Likes

@harith
Oh, I guess it is. :smile:

I already own the series, so I don’t have it on my wishlist or anything. I thought it was strange that everyone around me was buying it up.

Go for it!

5 Likes

LOL! I just bought the Darksides Franchise pack earlier today on the recommendations from @Gnuffi. :smile:

5 Likes

y and it’s not $15; it’s only half that!!!

y was thinking of getting it but I’ll pass, not rly my thing anyways

5 Likes

:hushed::
“please be good, please be good :crossed_fingers::pensive::crossed_fingers: please be good”

4 Likes

Dude. It’s looking amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQUMnayITHE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kj-xARhc-U

Right from the trailer… it looks way closer to Darksiders 1 (though it seems that somebody was taking notes from Dark Souls), and it looks visually incredible (now running on UE4, so no chance of weird engine problems like the last two games).

They also listened to all the feedback from the previous trailers. Combat is pretty much done and much more Darksiders-y, and the redesigned Fury (while mostly the same as in the reveal trailer) has a bunch of small changes to the face that make it look a lot better.

THAT SOUNDTRACK, THOUGH!

4 Likes

ikr, just hoping it holds up on release, few games i put a side “full price” money for, -going for a stroll with Fury has definitely been one of them,
so i’m awaiting release reports/reviews eagerly for this, to see if it’s good enough to make me, Sir Cheapskate, pull the full 60€ trigger on this :blush:
(not often i’m actually crossing fingers to get to pay full price :rofl:)

3 Likes

Last game I paid 60 dollars for was… shudders … Star Wars Battlefront (The first one)

Never again!

4 Likes

But the first one was great, not as great as the first 2. But that’s usually how sequels work, you improve on what came before. Weird then how when they pick up a really old series and make new games for it they’re worse than their ancient ancestors.

4 Likes

I really doubt I’ll be in a position to pay $60 for a game, so it’ll probably be Quantum Break all over again-- go into spoiler lockdown mode, block every instance of the words “Darksiders,” “Fury,” or “* dies in the end” for a good three months, and buy it just in time to see the game go on a massive sale or bundle right after.

As for how the game’s changed since iniital debut, the biggest issue I had with character design is definitely gone. The face has been slightly altered, and Fury also has the same signature glowing eyes as the previous horsemen. The original cloth design from the comics would have been terrible, and while I liked the initial reveal character, something definitely seemed off. At this point, Fury looks exactly as a Darksiders protagonist should. Now, let’s jump the gun entirely and say it: STRIFE HYPE!

6 Likes