Has Humble Decided to Abandon Us?

This is the 3rd week in a row where they decided to leave out the weekly (apparently no longer) gaming bundles… This was an occasional occurrence before, but a third week in a row is too much…

Maybe they should change their name to something else… Since the whole Bundle business seems to be not their greatest interest any longer… :expressionless:

15 Likes

Are the bundles not every other week? Each bundle runs for 2, right?
So it’s not until next Tuesday we should expect to see another one, at least that’s what I thought.

7 Likes

I thought it was every week… Maybe I am wrong. I didn’t actually know of the actual timing of new bundles posting until kind of recently.

I will keep my eyes peeled next week then. So if that’s the case, they only skipped one bundle?

6 Likes

It depends on if a bundle expires or not… Typically it was every week or every other week.

But I think humble is just waiting until after the summer sales are over. Nobody probably wants to under sell their games the sales.

11 Likes

i just checked the site and had the idea for a similar topic

I think it used to be that the bundles ran for two weeks but there was a new one every week, meaning there were two bundles at all times

6 Likes

Last week the gaming bundle ended and this week they have not started a new one due to the summer sales on almost every site for games.

Its like this every year.

11 Likes

I think @hivefleetbothan is right though, nobody wants to undersell their own games at the big sale event, so no new bundles…

This was my impression too…

Well, I am a noob to PC gaming anyway, so this is the first big sale I have kept all of my attention directed at all these big gaming sites…

I just have been looking for a new bundle for the last 3 weeks, without any new ones…

8 Likes

Humble Bundle is also owned by IGN now so they may be cutting back even more but we’ll have to wait to see.

8 Likes

Personally I doubt it, they have altered the pricing model, but the general business seems about the same. I doubt they would make any radical changes at this point without having a bad quarter or two.

5 Likes

Looking for a new bundle, you say? Have no fear… Fanatical to the rescue with 4 new shitty dollar bundles.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-viva-bundle
https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-mega-bundle
https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-loco-bundle
https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-loot-bundle

Yeah, I’m also disappointed that there have been no new Humble game bundles in the past 3 weeks.

8 Likes

I have everything in there that I am interested in… These bundles held no attraction for me, unfortunately.

4 Likes

yup, hivefleet is right, usually humble goes on “break” during the major sales, their jinglejam usually holds over during the christmas/holiday period for instance

:thinking:
i’ve also began speculation might be slowly entering the “diminishing” returns, where more devs aren’t as willing to part with their games for peanuts, and the selection (despite getting “bigger”), is getting smaller without running into repeats, or “lesser quality”/desired games than they’ve been previously famous for :question: :man_shrugging:
(and also fck ign, so might as well blame everything on them) :rofl:

9 Likes

IGN bought them, things have been slowly degrading since.

Hopeful it will turn around.

4 Likes

If the decline is due to the IGN purchase, I cannot imagine things turning around any time soon. We can all hope. That’s why I am banking on their (bi)weekly sales, and am so disappointed lately…

7 Likes

If you’re a maker/programmer or just interested in learning those things. The book bundles have been on point.

6 Likes

I am neither. I love writing and would love to contribute toward creation of a game one day, just don’t have time, really. But I understand that there’s been more to Humble than just games, but that’s all I want at this point…

5 Likes

Yeah there seems to have been a lack of interesting game bundles as of late. I don’t know if that’s because the game bundles that have been out just aren’t to my taste or if they really are just focusing more on Humble Monthly and the store. My theory is that the hottest new games that could potentially get in a bundle are either considered too recent to be included or are popular to the point where everyone who’s interested in Humble Bundle likely already owns them.

@Gnuffi 's theory that devs are just less willing to include their games in a “pay what you want” bundle is also possible, especially since consoles like the PS4 and the Switch are probably providing a good chunk of income for these devs, making the publicity and income from the usually PC exclusive Humble Bundle less enticing.

As @Ravenousld3341 pointed out though, Humble’s book bundles have been pretty neat, especially for someone like me who’s trying to learn about programming.

7 Likes

Not to mention that there’s clearly some people who had poor timing, in a way we had already discussed…

This being the price it is right now, there’s probably been no sales during the summer sale, because everyone knows that it’s in the next Humble Monthly, and so you either pay this price and get one game, or you pay the same and get this plus probably 9 other games…

5 Likes

My public library card gives me online access to tons of books and video courses on programming. Check your public library website and other free learning sites (e.g., edX.org) before buying these book bundles.

4 Likes

In people’s defense, not everyone is as well informed as we are. I mean, we’ve got @delenn13 on our side, for f’s sake! You’re being unfair to these poor ignorant fools who do not know their ways.

Guys, imagine if all countries had this? I rarely envy Americans, but this right here is dayum. :ok_hand: #want

And yeah free learning websites are the best! I use Coursera often – although not for programming but there are SO MANY programming website/app options it’s overwhelming haha

5 Likes