Good, fun, cool, weird, silly, etc. game-related YouTube Videos you recommend

3 Likes

This is a video game, if you participate please do be honest about it.

3 Likes

ok so I got the same as him. Is that a win or a fail?

2 Likes

I too got a draw, there’s little silhouettes on the screen under the choices indicating that only a win is a win.

2 Likes

I’m sure @Danacscott will love this one.

2 Likes

I don’t know how I missed it. But there is a free fan made Megaman game. Link in the description. I liked the video’s intro and tutorial. So much said without voice acting.

1 Like

Hee hee. The tooth brushing scene. :rofl:

2 Likes

Two very good motivational videos for gamers. Watch them in order.

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

This looks really interesting. I’ve been wondering when someone was going to try and do an actual open WORLD. I’m still skeptical given their history. Whether it launches poorly or not, it will be great given enough time.

2 Likes

what do you mean by actual open world? And how has past executions on the concept disappointed?

2 Likes

in that it is an actual open “world”, as in a complete planet, and that the whole player base would share that same persistent planet in that there’s only one unique live instance of it, which seems insane (and also somewhat impossible, lol, but we’ll see)

2 Likes

I’ll believe it when it’s released and working as intended. We’ve been promised this a few times now and it’s never borne fruit. Closest anyone has truly come to this idea is probably Boundless, which as far as the open world is concerned is pretty much all you can expect it to be in the open and world departments. It’s just kind of boring in every other aspect and doesn’t have the active player base to support all the systems for interaction it offers.

4 Likes

I don’t understand why devs keep trying massive persistent worlds, and can only assume they haven’t thought it through. It sounds like a way to ruin any good qualities and systems the game would have to offer. A massive world with even a large team of designers still means most of it will be dull procedurally generated trash that isn’t very fun to explore. A massive world also spreads the player base thin, and persistence adds huge costs to running the game while also making things less interesting for late-comers.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

As of right now, it lists only Single Player and Online Co-Op as game modes. It does not have Multiplayer, which makes me think it can be your own world that you can play on with your friends or others if you choose. It’s unclear if it will be all players on a single planet, but I agree. If it’s all players on a single planet they will struggle with get the persistence aspect of it right for those that come later.

This of course could change. I’ll have to wait for more info on how it will play before I consider jumping in. If it’s my own world, I’m all in. If it’s a shared world with the entire player base, I’m out. I’ve had enough of dealing with other people in games. There’s always at least one that will ruin the fun for everyone else.

2 Likes

I saw this too! :joy:

“Please don’t accuse of scamming.” - devs on twitter prior to launch.

Four days after launch…Oh we’re shutting down now that enough time has passed for a large portion of our player base can no longer qualify for refunds.

At least you can no longer purchase it on Steam.

4 Likes

https://x.com/NoMansSky/status/1733680506221257127?s=20

He’s like Todd’s pupil when it comes to overselling the idea, same happened with No Man’s Sky announcement, but at least they worked to make the game better and didn’t rely entirely on modding community to fix the game for them :joy:

3 Likes

5 Likes