Games you Want to See Remastered/Ported

I will wait for the PC port (hopeful at least). If I am desperate, I will get it on my android tablet…

7 Likes

RATCHET AND CLANK SIZE MATTERS!!!

That game was so good, even more so for PSP standards, I’d buy a remake in a heartbeat :smiley:

8 Likes

@anon74641759 Alright. I concede. You’re Chrono’s best member, at least by 1000 times.

That said, I have a feeling it’ll always remain neglected. For anyone who didn’t have a PSP, or played the eventual PS2 ports for this and Secret Agent Clank, these games will always be seen as mediocre/second-rate R&C games despite being fantastic platformers on their own merit. It also looked great for the system and never had a single performance problem-- meanwhile, Metal Gear Solid PW was capped at 20 FPS and dithered to the point where you could count the pixels, or rather, the X’s on screen.

7 Likes

@YQMaoski I’d also like to see Legends. The game gets a pretty bad rap from diehard fans, but I thought the 3D platformers were a decent enough take on the series that just needed a bit of refinement. I’m not typically a Mega Man fan, but the 3D platformers had a lot of great ideas that needed to be expanded on with more sequels.

7 Likes

Why thank you @CptMold :sweat_smile:

I think R&C will always be my fav PSP game, I spent so many hours on exploring every inch and finding all the armor…leveling my guns! OMG it had guns that could LEVEL UP! And they also changed in major ways, not simply +1 damage.
Gawd I loved the Acid bomb thrower…or the nanobot nades (dunno bout the names anymore).
The game was fun, had some action going on, really cool weapons, funny characters (quark or whtvr his name was <3), the story was refreshing and unique to this day I believe…and as you said, it worked without any hiccups on the weak system the PSP was! That resort planet had cool music…am I complimenting the game too much? Cause of nostalgia? Maybe, but it sure as heck was a very good game, even by today’s standards :speak_no_evil:

7 Likes

@anon74641759 Nope, you’re not giving it ENOUGH credit. It was near perfect, especially for a PSP game, and nothing beats the old R&C games in terms of writing. They didn’t have too much depth, but I played that game like I play Platinum games today; beat it, then beat it again, 100% unlock everything, delete the save, and do it all again. There’s not much I could really say against the games…

…okay. That’s not true. Some of the stealth sections in Secret Agent Clank were pretty bad. Lots of cool ideas mixed in there, but the stealth sections were just infuriating at times. Everything else about the games, though? I had everything maxed out to level 4 and restarted the game in NG+ until the UMDs broke. I could probably still find my way around the levels easily.

If you didn’t play New Game+ at least seven times, you’re doing it all wrong. :wink:

7 Likes

Gotta admit I never got too far in Secret Agent Clank cause there was some super frustrating laser trap level which made me go back to Size Matters :sweat_smile::grin:

Edit: Currently thinking about getting a ROM, as I own the original game that should be legal for me to play on my phone…now I only need a controller for that :speak_no_evil:

6 Likes

2018 still playing this game… and I’m almost 20… An actual piece of Art

6 Likes

I’d love to see a remaster of SOCOM for PlayStation, that’s what I need. :smiley:

7 Likes

Bonestorm?

6 Likes

look all of you, @coralinecastell, @CptMold @PeteMcc @Fraggles @xist etc etc etc
it finally happened:
(steam) http://store.steampowered.com/app/730820/The_Curse_of_Monkey_Island/ /
(GOG) The Curse of Monkey Island™ on GOG.com

-Incredible high-resolution (640 x 480) graphics!

:joy: :rofl:
-i love disney, "you want it? you want a remake or port of your most beloved game, well you’ll get it then!! :triumph: damnit, we’re going live!: Release The LeChuck!!(without being a port or remaster but in its “full” originality “hd”)
:smile:

9 Likes

Well not really a remaster is it?
But it’s great that it’s finally available at least.

6 Likes

brb grabbing wallet

5 Likes

i wonder which games people would likely not care all that much about getting a remaster
:thinking:
MW2 campaign mebe?
what game(90%based around it’s mp) do you say get’s a remaster ? MW2? -i see :thinking:
and you say it won’t have MP -the core component of its entire franchise?
:face_with_head_bandage:
:man_facepalming:
of all their titles the could chose from to remaster, even if just the CoD series… this is what they are doing with their money…

4 Likes

Skyrim, again.

5 Likes

Skyrim, again.

Please no. Also my picks would be:

And if anyone is still playing Fallout 2 i recommend getting Restoration Project mod.

6 Likes

we must have more skyrim,
-for every platform and new gen console, laptop, gameboy and all other devices
Bethesda has to add more godrays and glorious 5½K resolution textures -while maintaining the purity of the game. ie.: fixing 0 bugs… <–(dat last one is really important Bethesda…) :man_facepalming:
:joy: :rofl:

6 Likes

Most definitely TF2 to Source 2, but we all know that’s not happening because Valve is too busy with their new Artifact game

4 Likes

GUYS HEY GUYS THEY RELEASED IT ON MY BIRTHDAY GUYS DO YOU HEAR ME I AM SO HAPPY GUYS I CRIED ON MY VACATION AT THE NEWS OK BYE

seriously I cried

12 Likes

I remembered this post even though I didn’t post anything in it because I just remembered a few hidden games that I would like to see a remaster.

First one, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, one of the best ‘ko-op’ I had played on PS2, having a PC port with online co-op would be tremendously good. Heck, even a Shaolin Monks 2 would be nice. I had a blast playing with my uncle, we played through it twice to switch characters. :joy:

Second one, Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance, another PS2 one, running around in the shady streets smacking some punks around following one of the characters story lines. I wasn’t really much of a beat 'em up kinda of gamer but this game had such a charm. Character customization was really nice too, new clothes, new style, new moves!

Don’t worry guys, I have it…

7 Likes