Games you Want to See Remastered/Ported

Nope, bought in on the recommendation of someone many years ago and just never got around to playing them, on the list to get to very soon. Maybe after ABZU which I think I am almost through.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard! Let us know how your journey goes, and feel free to PM me any cool things you may find on the way! It’s always a delight to talk about MI and I hope you have a wonderful time. :butterfly:

Stanbobdancingchickeneating

7 Likes

Emulators, my dude. If you’ve got a DVD drive, you can play the PS2 games from disc on your PC. I fired up my copy of the first game just to test that it works, here’s a screenshot. The game’s low-poly style upscales very well!

5 Likes

Eh… I like most of the background artwork, but IMO the characters look horrible in the remaster.

It’s something that Double Fine was a lot better about with their own remasters.
I mean… the way Guybrush looks…

You need to download this mod ASAP if you intend to play the remaster.
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Secret_of_Monkey_Island:_Special_Edition#Hair_Patch

6 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t have a DVD drive.

I still have my old consoles, although most of them are packed away. I suppose I could always whip out my PS2 when the urge to play Katamari becomes unbearable :smile:

Edit: And btw I would also love to see all of the games @Fraggles listed ported - especially Ni No Kuni :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I want to see a port and remastered versions of Time Splitters and Destroy All Humans, both with dedicated servers.

EDIT: I mean, ports to PC

4 Likes

@Kura THQ Nordic has the rights to DAH!, but it’s not going anywhere to my knowledge-- remasters are more or less impossible because the source code is gone, but a remake might eventually happen if they can see some interest.

TimeSplitters is in a pretty weird place. The Rewind project is without a doubt the best hope we have, but the project has been through hell and back.

2 Likes

FF IX!, I know is on steam now, but that game deserves a better port than what it got.

4 Likes

The old dreamcast game “Toy commander” It was a hard game and took a lot of effort for me to finally beat it many years ago. I tried it on an emulator but never got it working right. That was a fun game with a lot of charm.

2 Likes

Did you know about Parkitect? It’s more similar to the original Rollercoaster Tycoon games than the awesome Planet Coaster.

Edit: This gives a nice overview of the newer theme park builders:

6 Likes

4 Likes

Have you played ABZU? I haven’t played Journey but I feel it’s a similar experience (some of the people who worked on Journey worked on ABZU as well). I just finished it, it was short, sweet and quite a relaxing experience.

4 Likes

I second @PeteMcc’s recommendation, as I am in the same boat as you. So yeah, let’s cry together about our misery. ABZU did indeed help soothe my pain, though, so hopefully you find it relaxing too. :butterfly:

5 Likes

omg I do that shit all the time like: Welp, that’s clearly “that-thing-place” now so I can’t possibly forget.

God forbid If somebody gives something a little nudge bc then I’m completely and utterly lost but then again I don’t remember half the stuff I put away so I don’t do It that much.

Gosh… I used to love doing that crap and I still love boxes in like things that have space for more things in them, pockets! like secret pockets inside a coat hahaha

Oh well… I’m a mess~ :butterfly:

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: I need a dedicated emoji tho :thinking:

Like The Room!!

6 Likes

Abzû is awesome and you should really have a go a It, my experience wasn’t technically relaxing but welp, I wouldn’t have It any other way.

I got moody talking about It on a Giveaway a while back ^^

https://206.81.1.216/t/chronos-animal-farm-the-community-giveaway-iii-winners-are-notified-check-pms/8066/42?u=rilover

7 Likes

Just to add to this list:

Final Fantasy Tactics

and

Megaman Legends

9 Likes

Excellent choice, my friend! I believe I had this on my list in the last remake/port thread.

In what crazy universe is FFT ported to iOS and not PC?

5 Likes

Agreed! and I don’t have any Apple products, so I can’t get to the game. FFT was a game that I spent so much time playing because every playthrough was so different, felt like a new game each time. :slight_smile: I will keep on wishing for it!

5 Likes

:smirk:

4 Likes

I think it’s available on Android too. And PSP. And the Playstation store. Pretty much everywhere except PC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I have the original on PS1 and the iOS version. Despite the improved translation and lovely new cutscenes, I can’t really recommend the mobile versions (unless you’re desperate) because, well, let’s be honest, what kind of sicko wants to play FFT on their phone? Not the most ideal way to experience the game.

5 Likes