Games you Want to See Remastered/Ported

@Enki
Beat Down looks pretty good, as a “I can’t play God Hand on PC, send help” alternative.

Also, you forgot to play the most important trap card:

6 Likes

Portal 2

But seriously. I was looking forward to Terraria Otherworld but sadly it got canceled :persevere:
So I think I would like to see a new Superhot game
Now a lot of people might disagree with me but the story was so amazing but super short, and I would love to have new/longer story. Yes I know there is a new Superhot game in vr but I don’t have a vr :tired_face:

4 Likes

Metal Gear Solid 4

If only for the framerate to not be n64 quality.

With modern Konami at the helm though… it seems impossible.

3 Likes

@GarbageFox I mean, the new remaster for Zone of the Enders looks great… plus, they’re building it with first person and VR support! I’m ready to throw u-- um, finally play this game.

Really, I’d take current Konami over the Konami from half a decade ago anyway. They respect the PC market for what it is, their remasters are more respectful to the material, and in general they’re doing better things as a company. I fear that a lot of the flack they’re getting as a company over the politics that Kojima unprofessionally dumped into public view will prevent us from ever seeing new and creative use of their IPs, and we may never see a new Lords of Shadow again at this rate.

2 Likes

warcraft 1+2…
theme hospital -i’d especially like if it didn’t halt to a crawl in the later stages (from what i’m guessing was a memory issue)
silent hill on to pc, naow, thx :+1:, -caveat: with a “cared for” port thank you! :triumph:
syphon filter series
vigilante 8
driver 1+2
die hard
nightmare creatures
tekken 2+3
metal gear series onto pc original jank mode -none George Lucas special edition remaster…
(+vr missions and everything ofc)
onimusha
tony hawk wasteland -i’m fine with you just returning me my old copy back :+1:
the getaway
get avp2 out of license+copy right hell and get it back, cheers, perhaps a graphic overhaul remaster that maintains game fidelity
that “aliens” playstation game… can’t remember which one…:thinking: the good one that scared the shit out of me :man_shrugging:
spyro
rockstar; bring back gta1+2 or atleast make them freeware again :roll_eyes: (just don’t add f’n shark cards to them, okay?)
some dino game… can’t rem the title, sorta just flashes of nostalgic images…
oh, and diablo 1, -just really to fck with the D3 generation :blush:

3 Likes

@Gnuffi Hopefully Konami will eventually get BlueHole to re-release their last collection. It had Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and Peace Walker in 720p 60 FPS (1080p for PW), but left out 4 due to disc space problems. It also had a built in MSX emulator preconfigured to play Metal Gear 1 and 2, though MGS1 was left out for Xbox 360 users.

Also, Spyro? You win. No PC port, but if it’s like the Crash Bandicoot trilogy, it’ll be up next.

6 Likes

wasn’t spyro for peasantsconsoles only tho? :thinking:
or did activision change their minds and actually confirm a pc port?

4 Likes

@Gnuffi They had a PC port ready for Crash Bandicoot with questionable haste, so I think it’s safe to say we’ll get a Spyro port as soon as the consoles prove that people actually care about the series.

4 Likes

I have mentioned this before but go check out http://corsixth.com/ it’s pretty good.

4 Likes

the game that nobody expected the world needed, -and that everyone wanted:

for some reason, this amuses me tremendously :smile:
(and if it’s actually good more so, and all the better for them)

3 Likes

Waiting on that Switch Spyro port (since Crash isn’t my jam)

My pick for a remaster… Pokemon :smiley:

2 Likes

Timesplitters

Seriously. Crytek owns the IP now and they need to make it or sell it to 2K who’ll probably knock it out of the park.

2 Likes

Timesplitters is definitely dead for the time being, but there is a fan project that seems to be on so-so/“eh” legal terms.
https://www.tsrewind.com/index.php/en/

Unfortunately, the project has had a bit of a rough history. It started out great, but with CryTek teasing PBR, they REALLY wanted the feature, so they kept updating builds to later versions of the engine (and the stability of the project deteriorated with each update). Eventually, it got to the point where they’d broken so much and benefitted so little that they gave up and moved to UE4… after a few messy things in relation to THAT engine, including management changes at CryTek after UK’s demise that made the approval process frustrating and often changing on a dime, they ended up going back to CryEngine again.

In short, it’s going to be a while, but they’re finally making some serious progress with no signs of further engine related frustrations. Keep your eye out on the project.

1 Like

@coralinecastell and her likes just made me realize I had already posted about Shaolin Monks

6 Likes

But do they grab tree branches thinking they’re their own arms?

2 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

for me this one

3 Likes

Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Future Cop: LAPD, Shogo: Mobile Armor Division, Dune 2000, Deathtrack (very desperately needs a remaster with 60 fps, and not the sequel which I won’t acknowledge), and the Salamander series (Life Force / Gradius spin-off). Maybe Fury3/Hellbender/Terminal Velocity and Descent Freespace 1 & 2.

Those could all use graphical/audio remasters and ported to newer platforms.

2 Likes

The rights are in good hands, but from what I understand a remaster is impossible-- the source code is gone for both.

They have at least ported the game, using the PS2-on-PS4 system… the game may be on Xbox One as well, not sure yet.

2 Likes

see since i’m not a “tech” guy, i’ve never understood this
firstly, how do you just lose a source code? :thinking: :man_shrugging:
but most importantly, second; if a game “executable”/play disc/files-folder has all the needed data to run an entire game and all it contains/everything necessary
-how come one can’t “remaster”/upgrade just from that?
(i know there are probably a ton of technical aspects and reasons to why that is, but it still seems like "but the stuff is right there man! :dizzy_face:")

1 Like