Game Dealz

Waited until now to log into origin and i see that not only is it not free there anymore, it isn’t available there at all. :confused:

1 Like

@ZeeX There’s a complication with EA offering their current on the house deals.

They actually have 2 games that are free, but each deal is region locked. I can’t guide you through any issues you might have, but I can tell you how I personally managed to get both games on my Origin account for free.

Something to note here is that for whatever reason some other people could not view Dead In Bermuda no matter what.

Now my experience was that their base On The House deal for my region was and still is Medal Of Honor Pacific Assault, for some reason it’s extremely buggy where it will give you an error if you try to claim it, but somehow after the first day it was suddenly in my library despite all the errors the day prior (It could have been server lagg, but I can no longer check as I already have the game claimed.)

As for Dead In Bermuda I managed to claim it by using the Opera browser and its built in VPN. Just make sure to turn it on in the settings as its not on by default. Again, it doesn’t work for everyone.

Edit: In my case unless I use the VPN I could not even view Dead In Bermuda on Origin

3 Likes

And this is why EA/Origin is so popular today! So Dependable and they love their customers.

3 Likes

Ea so often has “region” specific freebies, leaning towards benefiting the french a bit more sometimes, so always a good idea to to check/use “other” stores by either vpn or manually changing the store country url, then log in and claim it on website
Cthulhu bless Origin and Ea in all their slimy glory! :space_invader: :dizzy_face: :mask:

4 Likes

Feelsbad not having gotten Mass effect 1 and 2 from EA for free =(

Oh no, not the french, Btw isn’t that like counted towards geoblocking in some way? Just like Disneyland Paris did with prizes for people who weren’t french?

Mind that Europe doesn’t tolerate geoblocking since 2016, but this can just happen.
Sure, you can’t really do anything about it, but it’s kinda unfair anyway.

1 Like

FREE Sorcery! for Android!!

@Madway I see i have ME2 on origin, not sure if it’s from a free promo or from a bundle (pretty sure if it was in the second ea/origin humble bundle), but at a quick google search i don’t see the original being free

5 Likes

solarix free on indiegala (bottom of the page) https://www.indiegala.com/dieyoung?massive

9 Likes

I don’t remember exactly where, but someone told me they got both for free on Origin,

Maybe they were mistaken then.

Thanks for the info on the free android game btw.

2 Likes

Mind spheres now free https://www.indiegala.com/dieyoung?massive (bottom of the the page)

4 Likes

That’s true, ME2 base game was free on Origin before, they did it to promote their new game of the franchise. But to be honest it didn’t has much meaning, since ME2 need DLCs to bring the complete feeling, and ME1 is needed before playing ME2.

3 Likes

This weekend Mark of the Ninja is on sale for 2.99e or your regional equivalent on steam. This thread generally don’t seem to bother with steam sales too much but I wanted to mention this one because it’s one of my favourite games and I’d like more people to experience the joy I gained from it.

5 Likes

Nice, thank you. I needed the DLC.
Even played a second time not too long ago, such a good game. I love stealth games! Gotta grab all the achievements now.

4 Likes

Is the DLC worth it?

3 Likes

Yes.
Especially at the sales price.

3 Likes

I’ve heard a lot about Mark of the Ninja over the years, can it really be that good? It just looked like an average side scroller to me each time I’ve looked at it, albeit a very pretty one.

You have, however, convinced me to purchase it. Based solely on your own recommendation. So if I think it is sh*te, I am coming for you!

Nah, I’m sure it is great.

Seriously, thanks for the recommendation.

:thumbsup:

4 Likes

I sincerely hope you’ll enjoy it.
It’s by no means just another platformer, it’s one of the best stealth games I’ve had the pleasure of playing. I look forward to hear your opinions on it once you’ve played it though.

3 Likes

10-4 Good Buddy.

2 Likes

There are 40 games on GOG Connect at the moment.

If you do not know what that means, well, it’s quite simple. If you have one of those games on steam you can get them on GOG for free during the limited promo (this one is 14 days).

All the info you need is on that page.

Edit: Didn’t check the GOG Store and then i saw on PC Gamer just now that the summer sale started over there.
GOG Store (clickity) and free Rebel Galaxy (click) with your first purchase!

9 Likes

slowly but surely, a few titles at a time, I’m migrating my steam library to GOG. Really wish Steam would have the decency of allowing the same.

3 Likes