For Honor Starter Edition free on Steam

Hhm I see. The reply icon is not shown for the previous post.

3 Likes

y, they must have used the general reply button, but I had made that previous reply just before, and I did edit my post like mere moments before they then replied.

4 Likes

It doesn’t appear as free for me…

2 Likes

I believe it starts at 7:00PM GMT.

3 Likes

After looking at the trading cards for this I may temporarily cave, just to sell the six cards on the marketplace and then delete the game from my library (or leave it there, I’m mercurial like that…).

7 Likes

I’ve been playing since they offered it for free on uplay, it’s quite fun! Can also be very frustrating though, especially when the matchmaking is going crazy…

If anyone is interested in a friendly duel or some practice matches add me on steam or uplay

Alternatively there’s also 2v2 brawl if you are up for a challenge.

4 Likes

is it over?

1 Like

it hasnt started yet i think

1 Like

wait what?

1 Like

think it should start in either 30 or 90 min

4 Likes

Just checked it out to see if it was live yet, which it was not but I realised that not only does this thing require Uplay, which you’d launch through steam but it’s also got Denuvo as a malicious little cherry on top of this whole shit sundae.

8 Likes

Excuse me, this is for forever? :smiley: I claim free copy and now this is in my library, but in the store page of game I still have a price - what does it mean? :smiley:

4 Likes

There should be no price tag for the Starter Edition. Anyway, if you got it in your library then you are done.

2 Likes

The price is so you can gift it to other people since you can’t send them free stuff

5 Likes

I’m not sure why i grabbed it but i did. I refuse to install Uplay though and i’m terrible at quick-reaction fighting games. I think i only took it because it was an easy one-click acquisition.

3 Likes

Thank you c: Anyway I have a babge collector from this game - so YEAH :d

4 Likes

Well, at least you can then idle the cards and dump it if you wanna. Like @xist is going to do. :smile:

2 Likes

But then i need to install Uplay and i’m not going to do that.

3 Likes

Maybe not, the idler program only pretends to launch the game to trick Steam into giving you the cards. Uplay might still be bundled with the game installation though, I don’t know.

3 Likes

I also refuse to use 3rd party software that gains access to my Steam account so no idling programs. It’s really not a big deal especially since the card prices will hit rock bottom anyway with everyone getting it for free.

5 Likes