For Honor Starter Edition free on Steam

What a shame for Ubisoft… lol… a lot more people now have it, and nobody wants to install Uplay, so the player base is the same as if they never offered it up for free (again I mean.)…

5 Likes

I was just gonna say that is also free on XBox with the Games with Gold thing, but you have to pay to be gold so…

Thanks for the notice, I do like that game for what little I can get of it

7 Likes

How did you make out with this? I am 9+ hours in and still waiting for the last card to drop. Electricity is worth a lot more than the card selling worth at this point. The card prices dropped significantly in the last day… Due to high supply, and low demand I guess…

4 Likes

just have it run while you do other stuff on the pc, then u don’t have to factor in electricity

5 Likes

hehe… definitely good for using an idler, because:

1. don’t have to install UPlay
  2. 10.7 hours total for the last card to drop… lol… that’s a long time…
4 Likes

I’ve idled for 2 hours and only got one card so far so It seems I too am in for the long haul!

3 Likes

cards only start dropping after about 2 hours since u can refund games with less than 2 hours of gametime

4 Likes

That’s not exactly accurate - I’ve already got 1 For Honor card and got all 3 Orwell cards in just about 90 minutes. It used to be the case but I think an update changed those time limits.

Edit - second card at 1.9 hours.

5 Likes

Most Steam games that have cards drop cards at 1/2 hour intervals. Some are at 1 hr intervals.

This one has 6 cards, and the last one dropped at 10.7…

The reason that a lot of idler software tries to idle to 2 hours in a group is because then the drops seem to happen quicker after 2 hours, and there’s no penalty.

If a game that has cards is idled simultaneously with other games for longer period of time, then Steam has a system in place that causes the cards to drop slower, not faster. I do not know the actual details behind this, I have read this in multiple locations previously.

But a lot of games will drop the standard 3 cards within 2 hours of on time…

5 Likes

Yep, took ~11 hours for all six. But rather than sell them I traded them for other cards I was missing and completed 3 badges instead. Not a bad days work!

4 Likes

uPlay doesn’t get access to your Steam account, though. It just has overlapping DRM and the game will check with both clients before launching. There is an option to link accounts, but it’s optional. Either way, Ubisoft can’t touch my Steam account.

2 Likes

There would be a lot of hell spilled over it if they could access your Steam account, plus hardly anyone would even do it if they could.

2 Likes

Yes i know, it’s the card-farming programs that get access to your account. I refuse to use them. Also, i don’t really want to install Uplay just for one game that i’m not going to play. Although, my brother grabbed it too and i offered to play with him if he decides to try it but it looks like neither of us can be bothered.

2 Likes

Anyone have any idea why my idle master doesn’t run this game to get me the trading cards?

1 Like

Close steam. Log out completely. Close Idlemaster.Then restart and log in ticking the remember me box.

Otherwise use the new fork - Idle Master Extended

Will take approx 11 hours for the six cards.

4 Likes

lol, now idle master doesn’t connect to steam at all anymore, it just keeps saying not connected to steam, sign in, which i’ve done several times now, lol

y this worked, thx dude

4 Likes

please tell me what you mean by this letter
you use it all the time and i am never sure what i’m supposed to interpret it as

3 Likes

I think the context makes that rather clear

anyways:

[the funny thing is that it could actually be both here as ‘why’ is also a valid interjection, but I usually use y as ‘yes’, just to be clear, not as ‘why’, and the rly funny thing is that for some reason (which I imagine is ignorance) today’s youngsters always think y can only stand for ‘why’, and they feel quite strongly about that (especially in Twitch chat, rofl) (i guess the reason for that is they never had to use old computer programs, and so they don’t know the y/n construction, or something like that? lol)]

2 Likes

that is the thing, there were plenty of examples where both could have been used in your posts and i never know if you are using it as simply yes or you are using some fancy english skills you aquired somewhere

im youngster i did not realise it originated from this
i was like ‘what a wierd fellow this harith, using y as yes, no other person does that’

3 Likes

lol, i can be weird y, in any case, i always use it as ‘yes’, so that should make things clear

4 Likes