For Honor Starter Edition free on Steam

The Starter Edition of For Honor will be free on Steam starting tomorrow 22th until 27th. Claim your copy and keep it for life.

FOR HONOR™ on Steam

21 Likes

Appreciate the heads up… I may have to try it so I can sample the duel system… I heard very good things about the 1v 1 fighting side of things.

6 Likes

It still requires uplay though so it being on steam barely matters, unless you get excessive joy out of launching one client through another.

13 Likes

pff, liked i’d ever stoop to launching uplay just on its own :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:smile:

11 Likes

I do get a certain level of joy from filesystems… And why wouldn’t I launch ALL the clients through each other?

6 Likes

Ubisoft produces so many games (some of them pretty good) that I consider Uplay a necessary evil (since they force it upon u even through steam), though I never launch or use it by itself, which is why i didn’t grab for honor on it when they gave it for free there, but i will grab the steam version fo’ sho’

8 Likes

what kind of dark magic did you use?
your post just changed before my eyes
and i cant see any edits either

9 Likes

If you edit within a couple of minutes of posting it wont record the edit history.

7 Likes

what??
since when is that a thing?
and why do you know about it?

6 Likes

it’s one of those things only true gnuffi alts know (and it’s been a thing since i guess more or less 6 months ago or so)

10 Likes

You’re a wizard, @anyamtikja!

Welcome to the club. Here’s your complimentary owl garden gnome.

7 Likes

I only believe in British English so unfortunately, no U, no go. For the love of language I shall not besmirch the empire!

7 Likes

lol @u

moreover, the funny thing is:

5 Likes

Interesting, although for some reason I can’t “unsee” rhoticity as being rotisserie each time I’ve read it. My other pet hate is the overuse of the letter Z. It’s realise not realize dag nammit!

5 Likes

again, my dude, maybe u’d like to reconsider:

In fact, the ‘-ize’ forms have been in use in English spelling since the 15th century: they didn’t originate in American use, even though they are now standard in US English. The first example for the verb organize in the Oxford English Dictionary is from around 1425, from an English translation of a treatise on surgery written by the French physician Guy de Chauliac:

The brayne after þe lengþ haþ 3 ventriclez, And euery uentricle haþ 3 parties & in euery partie is organized [L. organizatur] one vertue.

The OED’s earliest example for realize dates from 1611: it’s taken from a definition in A Dictionarie of the French and English Tongues, a bilingual dictionary written by Randle Cotgrave:

Realiser, to realize, to make of a reall condition, estate, or propertie; to make reall.

The first recorded use of the verb with an ‘-ise’ spelling in the OED is not until 1755 – over a century later!

source:

5 Likes

Obviously they didn’t have an adequate proofreader…any idea where I might find one?

5 Likes

the nearest Jobcentre Plus?

2 Likes

They gave it away a bit ago too, so its cool they’re doing it again. I just hope it doesn’t mean it is losing its audience. I enjoy the difficult combat system a lot, reminds me of Mount & Blade.

1 Like

Definitely it must be some kind of dark magic since I didn’t edit it at all.

1 Like

y i think they were talking to me

1 Like