Explain Your Username!

I think I knew someone called whitewolf 10 years ago. A bit of nostalgia there.

3 Likes

Now you just need to find the shiny one.

3 Likes

My username started as Captain K’nuckles from Flapjack because I thought it would be funny for people in TF2 who recognize it to be killed by him. After a while my friends shortened it to k’nuckles, then even more to knoockles.

12 Likes

My username from movie lol !! :smiley: !
guess the movie hihihihi ???

2 Likes

My username is apparently very common among book readers, but that’s understandable. It is taken directly from the greatest fantasy literature series ever created (not counting The Lord of the Rings of course) called “The Wheel of Time” by Robert Jordan. :blush:

It means, “Those Who Come Home” or “Homecomers” in a made up language in the books.

(hopefully the thread was okay to post in! :frowning: )

10 Likes

Back when I first made my Xbox account in the beginning of 2007 I typed in Twisted but it was already taken. At that point Microsoft had suggestions and the two top ones were Twistedgerm & Twistedmuffin. As you can see I went with Twistedgerm and now my long time friends call me Twisted or simply Germ.

I have though recently, as you can see by my picture, changed up my long standing name in respect for TotalBiscuit (Cynical Brit) by altering my name on most platforms. I ended up taking the Cynical part of his name and combining it with my Germ part making my new name Cynical Germ.

(I couldn’t take Brit because I’m not British and Total wouldn’t have been much of a tribute to him. That left me with the options of Cynical Germ or Twisted Biscuit.)

10 Likes

I’m a god.

9 Likes

OMG I finally know what your username means.

Enki, Wikipedia info:

Enki (/ˈɛŋki/; Sumerian: dEN.KI(G)𒂗𒆠) is the Sumerian god of water, knowledge (gestú), mischief, crafts (gašam), and creation (nudimmud). He was later known as Ea in Akkadian and Babylonian mythology. He was originally patron god of the city of Eridu, but later the influence of his cult spread throughout Mesopotamia and to the Canaanites, Hittites and Hurrians. He was associated with the southern band of constellations called stars of Ea, but also with the constellation AŠ-IKU, the Field (Square of Pegasus).[1] Beginning around the second millennium BCE, he was sometimes referred to in writing by the numeric ideogram for “40”, occasionally referred to as his “sacred number”.[2][3][4] The planet Mercury, associated with Babylonian Nabu (the son of Marduk) was, in Sumerian times, identified with Enki.

giphyneil

7 Likes

Omg he wasn’t joking? :rofl:

6 Likes

Move in, now move out
Hands up, now hands down
Back up, back up
Tell me what you’re gonna do now
Breath in, now breath out
Hands up, now hands down
Back up, back up
Tell me what you’re gonna do now

Keep rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ rollin’

5 Likes

Nope, he was not. Sumerian is a wonderful language (for what we know of it). It is beautiful and poetic, rich and full of history. Linguistically speaking, it is also incredibly interesting!

(hopefully you were referring to his post and I didn’t misunderstand lol)

Enki, awesome name! :+1:

8 Likes

It’s eaves spelled backwards, which is my last name and what friends call me. I use sevae because eaves is almost always taken.

8 Likes

so suave

4 Likes

The price you pay for being a gigolo.

4 Likes

1 Like

https://youtu.be/fpK_Ext2AeI?t=1m2s

4 Likes

No wonder it looked so familiar to me… I read this series forwards and backwards several times over when I was younger. I never did finish, of course, because of the author passing away and the project handed off to another. I am glad you posted it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@coralinecastell :smirk:
The first time I used the name was when playing Neverwinter MMO. What made it special to me was that I had made a friend in a game that loved calling me Enki and was very kind, she was in charge of the guild I participated (something that I don’t usually do in games, but I’m glad I did). She was fighting against leukemia at the time and the friendship we had was something that kept her happy. Unfortunatelly we lost contact after some dickhead ruined the guild for everyone and specially for her. So I like to use this name in memory of those good days we had.

@Twistedgerm I may be the god of mischief, but no I wasn’t! Praise me my child.

@Rhyagelle Thanks, and that’s one nice song!

Here, have a shitpost in return

6 Likes

Yup, Brandon Sanderson finished it for him. He was picked by Robert Jordan’s wife. The extra is that Sanderson is a huge fan, too. :blush:

(I haven’t finished it yet either; I’m taking forever so I don’t finish the series too fast, but it is wonderful. I’m on book 4 and have re-read it twice now. :rofl:)

2 Likes

Shiba inu + things to make it original :slight_smile:

4 Likes