Explain Your Icon!

Google Image Search did me a favor. :smirk:

4 Likes

That’s how I found baby Enki, while searching ‘ridiculously photogenic lizard’ looking for this guy

(there are many things in that search that are not lizards)

9 Likes

White R on orange background, truly the best avatar ever /s

5 Likes

Oh no! Team Rocket has infiltrated this site!

8 Likes

I have a cat name Moxie. She, like all cats [big] (Death and Taxes Archives - SPIN) and small, likes boxes. This box was 3 inches by 3 inches. The old adage that cats are liquid is true. She weighs about 14 lbs.

4 Likes

It’s the album cover for Parc En Ciel - Rom Com on Soundcloud. I like the song, the aesthetic, that it’s black and white and especially cause it says the end. Also skreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

3 Likes

shamelessly bumping this thread in hopes of more weird icon explanations
(was totally, absolutely not at all to re-click pup foodie pics link)

:blush:

2 Likes

Well I recently changed mine, temporarily.
Mostly because I saw @PeteMcc new one move a little while ago and realised animated gifs worked. At first this annoyed me because having things moving in my field of vision while I try to read things is highly distracting and makes reading posts on a forum slow and painful. But then I started pondering what one could do with a round presentation of a gif and something spinning around was the obvious choice so here we are. I’ll likely go back to my usual icon soon though.

3 Likes

I really like tigers, so my original icon was a tiger I use on my other accounts, my new bouncing tiger cub is because @Fraggles hypnotized me with that gif avatar into getting one myself. No regrets! :heart_eyes_cat:

As for my name…well it’s my name backward and the 30 is how old I was when I first started using elocin…since I’ve been changing my username everywhere I can though…I kinda wish that I can replace 30 with Tygr for obvious reasons here as well, but haven’t checked if I can.

5 Likes

An octopus bartender who is serving paint to two of his partners (I do not think I can give a better explanation than this :joy::joy::joy:)

3 Likes

Glad I am distracting you @Fraggles, mission accomplished. I saw someone else had it as well, hence my change.

4 Likes

yea i quite enjoy the “live” version of your icon too now Pete,
but i must admit, the brightness is a tad high.
The dark and contrasting colours of the old icon was pretty nice.
Can barely make out what’s trying to kill me now, “are you still there?” :smile:

4 Likes

I must agree with you and I could probably fix it, but that sounds like work… so I am not

3 Likes

So @Elocin30 was influenced by me who got it from @PeteMcc who was infected by someone else, who got to you?
We have to trace where this plague originated, we got to find patient 0!

3 Likes

@Fraggles what about cropping your gif like this and then using it for your icon
com-crop
also while looking for a turret gun gif I had this as my icon for about 30 mins
giphy

7 Likes

I feel like the first gif icon I saw was @Truly

3 Likes

I was thinking about cropping it to fit better, but found the forum’s own crop to the circle was good enough also:

@nebula7 huh,look at that. Never noticed @Truly’s icon was animated before, was it always?

4 Likes

True, forget I said anything

4 Likes

Not always but it was before @PeteMcc so maybe they are patient 0

3 Likes

Oh also if you didn’t know you can also make your profile banner background an animated gif. Again I can’t remember who has it, but I saw someone with one

5 Likes