Epic Games / Epic Games Store News Thread

So it appears Microsoft is starting to do this with Game Pass as well. Minecraft Dungeons will only allow the game pass owner to play it. It makes you sign into your Xbox Live account to check if you own it, a real bummer :frowning:

4 Likes

New Currencies & Payment Methods Available Now On Epic Games Store.

5 Likes

Allow me to be confused as to why they list the Vatican City-State euro currency. I guess since they accept euros that means they can just list every country in the EU. But Iā€™m sure the very few people living there do not play on the epic games store.

Yet Hong Kong $ and New Taiwan $ are not supported. I am shocked. SHOCKED!

3 Likes

They got me! THEY GOT ME!

The sad part is that they all sell for $59.99. lol ridiculous but you know what, I know Iā€™m still going to get them. KH1 and 2 first, then 3 and then prologue. :slight_smile:

ASHBFUISBADFASNDFASDHJASD SO HAPPY!

6 Likes

Expect the Steam community (and some more people) to rage about it to the point thereā€™s literal steam coming from their heads.

source

Anyway, Iā€™ll post it here since theyā€™ll be extending their generosity to this year:

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty miffed about it too, yea. I mean, exclusives are a cancer to the gaming world and to gamers. I shouldnā€™t have to be forced to one platform, especially one that sells and abuses my private data. However, they know there are fans out there that will eventually fall in line if they buy out enough scum bag companies and publishers, so they get away with it.

Once or if it reaches Steam, Iā€™ll buy them there too and just forget about Epic again. xD

4 Likes

Have you been waiting for these titles to hit PC all these years?

2 Likes

Yes! Yes I have! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Then honest question, whatā€™s one more year of waiting if you prefer to have them on Steam?

We donā€™t know the extent of this exclusivity, but I believe itā€™s the typical 1 year deal.

3 Likes

I canā€™t wait? hehehe I could wait, but I really want to play KH on PC, so Epic got me finally. lol Iā€™ll just buy them again on Steam. In fact, I think I may only buy KH1-2 or just KH3, and wait to see if they get on Steam and rebuy them there. xD

2 Likes

Iā€™ll wait for the Steam release too even though I was always curious about this franchise.
The only game I ever played was Re:Coded for Nintendo DS on an emulator, in this case, Drastic for Android.

2 Likes

all of this really makes me think of how well GoG is gonna fare in the ā€œfutureā€ :thinking:
drm games were limited enough as is, getting more and more limited for big deal games, but with Epic in the mix on top, creating so many exclusives, i wonder how big/negative impact it has on them

2 Likes

Itā€™s probably gonna be bad at first. At least so far it seems like Epic Games only gets 1 year exclusives for a majority of the deals. Horizon for example went to Steam, and now itā€™s on GOG.

2 Likes

I wonder if they will be coming to PC Gamepass, already on the console version and Epic exclusives donā€™t seem to affect Gamepass games.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be pretty upset, because I just bought one of them on Epic. lol

2 Likes

hoooooly crap I canā€™t wait! KH2 is such a good game, and Iā€™ve been waiting forever to play KH3. Might have to splurge on this oneā€¦ or twoā€¦ or all of them.

2 Likes

hehe man its a great series, definitely pick it up if you got no qualms about Epic

3 Likes

Isnā€™t that the ev3l prepurchase kind of thing though?

2 Likes

I pre-order what I desire. lol I would very rarely pre-order something Iā€™m not certain of, like a new IP or something. So Iā€™m good. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

All good. I got Hades before it was done, as people could stay play it and it was updated really regularlyā€¦ and yea. I love Zusa, lol Iā€™m just hesitant to do the pre-order things. With some devs, it doesnā€™t inspire more effort, but less.

3 Likes