Epic Games / Epic Games Store News Thread

I think we have all been burned a bit from pre-ordering and over-hyping some stuff, so I definitely don’t do it any more. It usually doesn’t offer anything new anyway. Occasionally preordering gets you access to the game 2-3 days before release, but to me that really doesn’t matter any more either. I don’t ever feel the need to play a game on day 1, especially with the massive number of corrections/bugs/crashing problems etc that most games deal with. I would rather wait a month or two when all of the big problems have been taken care of and I get a few opinions before making a purchase.

5 Likes

You don’t know if it’s a good port yet, though. What if it’s just a modified PCSX2 build, stuck in 480i with an absurd amount of lag even on high-end computers and with bugs that weren’t in the original games?

2 Likes

I’m certain of the game, and that’s all that matters to me. I have no qualms about waiting for bugs to be ironed out. It’s okay if others do, but I don’t. Besides, KH3 was designed off of Epic’s engine and close with them, so odds are it’ll at least run just fine.

What if it’s just a modified PCSX2 build, stuck in 480i with an absurd amount of lag even on high-end computers and with bugs that weren’t in the original games?

I know it isn’t because it is quite literally the PS4 versions ported to PC? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Still no shopping cart. How hard is it to implement?

4 Likes

According to the year end graphics third party games only consisted of a bit over a quarter of the amount spent in the store. Might have to wait a bit on updates that improve the store itself. Much more likely to see updates that keep people playing forthnight etc.

2 Likes

No idea. Maybe they do it because of their coupon codes work? Idk.

2 Likes

Sad thing is if you go into the unreal engine marketplace, they have a fully functioning cart there.

2 Likes

They don’t have a cart for the same reasons Nintendo doesn’t. Whenever they run sales, this way you have to buy individually, spending more. Not only that, most people won’t try to add up what they are buying if they don’t have a cart. So if they had a cart, you would spend less and they don’t want that. lol

7 Likes

4 Likes
3 Likes

I wonder why most people don’t seem to care that nintendo don’t have it though, i guess it because it’s a console so it different i guess.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Lots of interesting info only on that page.

Sony seems to have rejected a first offer by epic, and if Days Gones is any indication, they might have rejected that extended one. Also it kind of confirms that Sony has at least 6 games on development for PC which goes well with what Jim Ryan said a few months ago about a whole slate of titles coming.

Microsoft it’s against what epic is doing, probably the exclusivity deals, and are in war with them for content. The rumour about Game Pass coming to Steam might be related with those meeting between Phil Spencer and Gabe.

As for Nintendo, well that’s trully a moonshot.

5 Likes

I stumbled on Epic’s Trello board for their store. Here’s the link for those who are interested in seeing what they are working and have planned for the store.

4 Likes

Microsoft against that word. Not starting an argument but that gave me a lol today ^^

3 Likes