[Ended] Steam Link $1 (£0.80) (In 3 Bundles)

Hi everyone,

I am looking at the Steam Link site and it looks to be on sale at the moment. The deal will last until before Monday, so a lot of us has more or less one day to get this deal. :slight_smile:

This is only applicable for folks who do not already own the 3 games associated with the bundles.

Of course you have to pay shipping, but it’s pretty much a steal at this point. I just checked shipping costs, it’s $8 here in the US, not sure about elsewhere.

Steam Link Page (Listing all 3 bundles)

The bundle option is not available for the game that you already own.

Here are the individual links to the bundles:

Doom + Steam Link Bundle ($15.99/£10.79)

Hollow Knight + Steam Link Bundle ($10.89/£8.05)

Human Fall Flat + Steam Link Bundle ($8.49/£6.79)

@delenn13, I am sorry, this deal does not seem to be available in Canada…

EDIT:
This seems to be fairly regionally limited, so I am sorry if it is not available. Currently Canada and Australia are confirmed to not get the deals…

*sigh… I seem to be getting people’s hopes up lately just to dash them, what a terrible person I am… :scream:

8 Likes

i remember the last time this happened,

the game’s deal/discount itself might be good on it’s own without the link, and the 99% off steam link is not bad either, but the shipping costs just ruins it for me when/if it’s a gadget i’m probably not gonna really use :confused:
for people that plan to use the link, it’s probably a fair bit of a steal :+1:

5 Likes

Not available in Aus either

5 Likes

I agree that shipping makes it not as good, unfortunately. My very first purchase from Steam was a Link+Steam Controller.

I have to say, I like the Steam Link, it allows me to play some casual games on the couch with my wife, instead of being in front of the computer.

The controller I wouldn’t really recommend, it’s just too weird. It still uses regular batteries… :angry: :anger: Mine has been sitting in its box since I plugged in a wired XB360 controller. I thought the mouse like touch pad on the Steam controller was interesting, but it’s not easy to use at all.

4 Likes

I have been wanting to try the steam controller since it was first announced, but it’s way too much money to spend on a curiosity.

5 Likes

Sorry Pete, put the disclaimer in the first post.

@Fraggles, the controller is not worth it for curiosity sake, in my opinion.

5 Likes

My PC has a HDMI out. My TV has HDMI in. I need this because? :thinking:

4 Likes

distance, placement, location, +controller los etc? :thinking:

5 Likes

about 20 bucks for me it seems, I am tempted

3 Likes

Exactly as @Gnuffi has pointed out. I have my TV and computer in different rooms, so it’s convenient for me to swap to the TV and go sit on the couch for some casual games. The link can take a controller or keyboard/mouse combination plugged into it, pretty convenient without having it plugged directly from the computer to the TV.

I think that it’s a pretty good option for folks who has the appropriate set up for it. This is probably as cheap as it’s going to get, especially if one of the games has been one that you have been wanting to buy for a while. The game deals are pretty good by themselves too.

3 Likes

yeah, ordered it, didn’t have hollow knight and that itself is already 10 bucks, so basically I paid 10 bucks for the Steam Link which is cheap like it was some chinese fake hardware lol

2 Likes

I also bought hollow knight + steam link. I don’t really know what I would do with it but at least I got hollow knight.

2 Likes

I may be in the minority, but I think the Steam controller is pretty decent. I hated it at first, but the more I used it, the more I came to appreciate it. It requires a bit more effort than simply plugging in an Xbox controller, but if you’re willing to invest the time configuring it, it can work surprisingly well with pretty much any game. I’ve even managed to get the left touch pad to feel eerily similar to a traditional d-pad (using only the haptics, no clicking necessary).

Of course, I wouldn’t recommend it just for the sake of curiosity (unless you have money to burn). But if you need an extra controller and it’s on sale, it’s definitely worth a look. One of the most unique controllers I’ve ever used. I got mine on sale for $35.

2 Likes

No, you aren’t. It happens. That’s why when I can use a VPN to my advantage, I feel no guilt, whatsoever!:innocent:

4 Likes

Hmm…Maybe this is why they were selling for a dollar…

Here’s another…

But it says "Steam Controller and Steam Link persist, as does Valve’s support for the HTC Vive VR headset. What’s ironic is that, as VG247 points out, Valve’s own Steam Link essentially made Steam Machines obsolete by making it easy for PC gamers to stream games to their television."

So I am guessing the Steam link caused the (partially)death of one of it’s own?

4 Likes

If they are phasing out Steam machines, it would not make a whole lot of sense to make the Steam Link on sale, instead, they should try to get rid of the last of the premade Steam machinese instead. By making the Steam Link cheap on sale, people are even less likely to get the Steam computers… :smiley: But your guess in that they caused their own demise seems quite plausible.

4 Likes

Honestly i think they can’t sell their steam link either which is why they’re practically giving them away for free; I think they’re just trying to cut their losses on investment at this point

4 Likes

Steam machines were a lost cause from the beginning. At the price I can’t imagine they made sense for anyone. But yeah Steam Link certainly didn’t help.

5 Likes

I really enjoy having a computer in a different room, and being able to stream into my TV with the Link whenever I wish, I actually did that with a HOG that was asking me to find things that were really tiny, so I blew it up to 55 inches on my TV and it was more fun for me and my wife. :smiley:

4 Likes

Not really into HOGs but i do like the ones published by Artifex Mundi .

4 Likes