Epic Games Exclusives Discussion Thread

Where have we been over it? You’ve stated that companies and individuals should behave in a similar honourable fashion but that’s just not realistic. How is it underhanded? It’s not. You might not like it, but that’s not how a large business works. They have to put their shareholders first. And businesses are bound by contract law to lay out their terms of service. It might be morally grey to behave in this way but so much about big business is.

Exactly…it’s almost as if Valve has brainwashed people into thinking that if it’s not on steam it’s unobtainable. I’d imagine the relationships that medicine has with the pharmaceutical industry has similar issues…

I’m honestly surprised that people get so riled up…at the end of the day, the end result is pretty much the same for the end user if Epic wish to have a sustainable future.

4 Likes

another one

5 Likes

kinda to be expected i think, considering Ubisoft’s former statements regarding their position with epic,
im suspecting the trend will continue with their future games, -“unless Valve does something drastic”(which they wont ofc :rofl:)
besides, still uplay :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

why is rocket league in the title? last time i checked i still launched the game from steam.

3 Likes

read couple of posts up, Epic Games acquired psyonix and RL will move off steam later this year

4 Likes

i knew that epic bought Rocket, but i also knew that the first message was " we do not plan on removing rocket league from steam for now"

3 Likes

Seems to be rather contagious…

5 Likes

The Jimquisition covers this pretty well, but pretty much Epic is trying to be sly about it. They are saying they won’t for now, but the chances they will are exceedingly high. I mean, why wouldn’t they?

5 Likes

-still being removed (from purchase) “later” as the suggestion goes

5 Likes

still this is all speculation i thought we were talking about facts like exclusive release, if we take that road i can say that epic will buy steam and close it in the future. <3

3 Likes

what?? it’s literally in their wording “it will remain on sale on steam until then, after that it will be supported”
these are their words, why the feck would anyone say “it will remain for sale until X time” if that doesn’t mean it will not be for sale “after” said time ?
because if they already know, they wont pull it from steam, why say anything (remotely) like that at all? whereas the upside to being (deliberately) a little bit “vague” is you don’t directly piss off as many…

2 Likes

the only viable data i could find in a small research is

but if you have a link that say that it will be removed for sure in the future please share it :sunny:

Source https://twitter.com/RocketLeague/status/1123736400715747330?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1123736400715747330&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theverge.com%2F2019%2F5%2F2%2F18527171%2Fepic-games-rocket-league-psyonix-acquisition-exclusivity-deal-valve-steam

2 Likes

what Gnuffi is saying is that it will no longer be on sale on Steam afterwards, not that your game (which you don’t even own) will be removed from Steam

2 Likes

i know that but i still haven’t seen that message from a reliable source anywhere,

2 Likes

Gnuffi gave you the wording: “it will remain on sale until then” until means not afterwards

you yourself also gave the wording:

this means if you own it before they remove it from the Steam store, once they remove it u will not be able to buy it and will hence no longer be able to play it on Steam unless you previously owned it

the proof that this is what it means is that otherwise there would be no need to specify it, as you can NEVER play a game on Steam that you don’t own (or have another type of access to)

Their original statement:

The PC version of Rocket League will come to the Epic Games store in late 2019. In the meantime, it will continue to be available for purchase on Steam; thereafter it will continue to be supported on Steam for all existing purchasers.

in the meantime it will remain available for purchase on Steam, thereafter it will be supported

how is that not clear as day?

3 Likes

it’s funny how half a message change is meaning anyway i’m out i guess there’s no source

2 Likes

is and remains, not is and will remain…

you seem to neglect the fact that they refuse to confirm that they’ll not remove it although that’s what everyone wanted them to do and it would cost them nothing to do so. In fact, it would be a great gain in goodwill for them to do so and they certainly would do it if they could, but they can’t say it if it’s not true cuz that would be cause them to lose even more goodwill (whatever might be left).

and again, im quite neutral, i’ve been insulted by several ppl here on several occasions for defending Epic even in fact

2 Likes

the thing is, i put myself in their shoes, i bought a game and i don’t know what to do yet, i won’t go confirm something that some diehard steam fan want at the cost of blocking possibility, even if i would not remove the game on steam myself, i will never say that it will never happen. if i say rocket ill stay on steam forever and then steam decided to change his monstrous 35% take to a 85%, you can be sure i would remove it and the fact that i said otherwise would backfire on me.

the only thing i asked for was the source to this message, personally i couldn’t care less about the war epic/steam but i sure love my sources

2 Likes

Gnuffi paraphrased and said

but it literally means the same thing they said:

which u can find here, where Epic’s initial press release was reported:

4 Likes

it does only if you take the second part of the message

thanks for the link

EDIT:

Rocket League's large Steam player base has no immediate need to panic, however. Until the transition is complete, some time in "late 2019", Rocket League will remain on sale through Steam, and Psyonix says it will "continue to support" the game on Valve's platform. Speaking to Variety, the developer clarified that Steam users will continue to receive "patches, DLC and all other content that hits the PC version of the game through the Epic Game Store".

this is what i expect, rocket league stays on steam until the epic version is ready(that was written black on white). then i’m sure the faith of rocket league will depend of a hard negotiation between steam and epic to get a better % rate on the profit.
if steam loses rocket league it’s a big lost for valve and maybe the lost it will take to changes things

in conclusion i still don’t care bout what happen but i was able to analyse the source myself thanks @M00 for the link

5 Likes