Deal ends in 2 days??

It’s too warm, everyone’s tired and annoyed. No I don’t know, yes I agree that there’s some oddly strong reactions here. Any time you ask the public what they think you’re always going to get an abundance of simpler yay/nay answers which are good for gauging the general reception of something. Can’t expect everyone to make a compelling argument, you just have to focus on the ones who do chose to describe their discontent in more detail.

So having read through everything as it’s been coming this evening what I described in my previous post appears to be the general complaint.

2 Likes

And I agree it’s understandable and strays from the Chrono USP. It’s a shame there was no discussion prior to the change, or a little more explanation, but ultimately we don’t even know if there won’t be a new deal tomorrow running concurrently with today’s’ deal.

3 Likes

download

7 Likes

Not cool. You could add this in additional to the 24 hour deals, but it’s annoying to wait 48 hours to see the next deal. especially if its an deal you are not interested in. but even if you have purchased it already it’s annoying. not cool. not cool.

agreed!!

1 Like

I wouldn’t be against it if I could get an explanation behind the “experiment”.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but this seems out of the blue…asking us/polling rather than going through with it would have been much better. Right now this seems on par with the stupidity coming from Youtube and how they randomly experiment with people without notice or volunteering.

The cynicist inside me, due to lack to explanation, tells me this is some sleight of hand garbage to hamfist an unpopular change through while claiming people were happy with the change - since there aren’t any transparent polls for it that I can see. Honestly when I clicked the give feedback link from the main page I wasn’t expecting to be directed to the forums.

There are plenty of reasonable explanations the community would mostly accept such as
Too many coins in circulation,Not enough games, not working as a proper loss leader, etc etc.

The experiment is to gauge the reaction from users. If they were to poll people it would be via the forums which most who use Chrono never even know they exist like you have stated.

That being said the poll would be of a rather small size while the way they enacted the experiment leads many new users to potentially voice their opinion (even though some of them claim false information like only getting coins every 2 days which is false).

Overall this isn’t a decision “on par with the stupidity coming from Youtube” because there is no way (at least from my point of view) they could have people “volunteer” like you have suggested to take part in having only 1 deal every 48 hours instead of 1 deal every 24 hours.

1 Like

Hate this 2 day feature. Make it so the deal lasts 2 days, but give us a new game everyday or change it back. I have over 1k games on Steam and the games here either I already have or am not interested and have to wait the next day for the new deal and making it two days is just plain annoying and I find a good game to buy from here about every 2 weeks on average.

2 Likes

Man people love to complain about everything…

48 hour feature - interesting, we’ll see how this goes. I’ll still come on every day for my coins since this is one of my homepages. If you guys find you’re getting more sales for each game when it’s featured for 2 days and it makes it easier to keep the deals flowing - great!

The notion of having a new deal each day and having the previous days deal still purchasable is cool. So is the idea of just having a monthly recap for game deals.

Either way still loving the website and service!

4 Likes

I mean, if the idea of deals lasting 2 days is so that the team can have more time getting better deals and also not being so rushed all the time to have a deal everyday then yes I understand and support it. Honestly I understand why noone would personally like this idea though so asking for feedback is probably not a great idea and just explaining why your switching to 48 hours would work better.

5 Likes

This is the best idea in this thread. Maybe have a sort of tab system? Click a right or left arrow to go to the previous/current deal?

4 Likes

I too really like the idea of keeping the 48 hour duration for each deal, but still having a new deal every 24 hours. It’s a nice grace period for those days when you’re too busy to check the site for the deal, but also keeps new content coming so there’s a reason beyond free coins to visit the site every day.

2 Likes

https://206.81.1.216/t/idea-concerning-the-48-hour-deal/12003

1 Like

i didn’t say it is true it was a proposal.

1 Like

Welcome to the internet :rofl:

1 Like

Hey folks. Really appreciate all the feedback.

Wanted to clarify this really is simply an experiment. We wanted to see what effect changing the duration (in this case, lengthening it) would have (on total sales, on our creator partners’ timelines, etc.)

There’ll be more experiments coming soon as well (some similar to what many of you have recommended)

I’ll try to keep a better on this thread (and other feedback threads) but always feel free to mention me directly/pm me/or message on discord/twitter

Edit: Oh and expect a return to 24hr features immediately after Epistory : )

8 Likes

3 Likes

I agree with those saying the rotation should stay fixed at 24 hours with the possibility of ‘feature duration’ from game to game being less rigid.
I would add, however, that any given game shouldn’t be able to be featured longer than a set hard cap. If the title is downright amazing AND Chrono.GG has an absolutely ludicrous stock of copies to sell, I could see one feature lasting up to 30 days (1 month) and no longer without disrupting the normal operation and traffic of the site, provided these ‘30 day features’ don’t become a habit.
At any given time, I could potentially see a maximum of 7 ‘features’ going on concurrently, INCLUDING whatever game is to be dropped into the 24 hour rotation. So, for example, if six games were already in an ‘extended feature period’ and the time rolls around for another game to be featured, then one of the current features would HAVE to expire before another game could be added. If it should occur that 7 games are being featured, AND it comes time to feature another title, BUT none of the current features are going to expire in time, the next feature would have to be postponed until another ‘slot’ opens up, with no effect to that feature’s planned duration. This would allow the possibility of a backup to occur, which would force the Chrono staff to utilize extended features wisely. Doubtless the reader has heard the phrase “too much of a good thing”, after all. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Maybe 24 hours deal everyday, and a “weekend deal” with a 48 hours offer can do the work.

1 Like

24 Hours is better. Also, I hope there are more 4 pack keys if ok.

1 Like