Deal ends in 2 days??

I reckon the optimal solkution very much depends on why you tried this in the first place.
Were you hoping to offer the game for longer so more people who don’t check chrono.gg on a daily basis would get the chance to buy it? Then I recommend a staggered offering, keeping the 24h rotation and simply offer them for longer, as others stated previously. Your one-deal-only system has already been somewhat watered down by the shop anyway. The newest one should still be on the front page alone, of course, in keeping with your established design.
Are you having problems obtaining enough game deals at acceptable quality/price ratios? Then extending the rotation is a tough but necessary choice. I for one wouldn’t blame you. Better that than offering garbage.
Do you lack the personnel for decent curatorship (i.e.: the excellent presentation you’re known for)? Then extending the rotation may not be the best way to deal with it. As you’ve seen, it puts a lot of people off. But I admit there’s no other straight-forward alternative, either. Maybe consider hiring freelancers from your community?

1 Like

As someone who wanted this game and didn’t have a chance to buy it yesterday, I’m happy with this experiment.

Also, I’m not sure what the motivation for this is, but I’m definitely ok with quality over quantity.

I still think this site is great.

4 Likes

Its a great game so hope you enjoy it :smiley:

2 Likes

Just to waylay any fears of not getting your coins…I got mine…plus a chest…

Hopefully people read this…:thinking:

2 Likes

plz keep it 24hrs

As many others, I’m suggesting to keep to a 24h schedule.

I can’t see any positive aspect about having a longer time frame for any deal, we’d just get less deals overall.

Quality > Quantity

7 Likes

I check this side right when the last deal ends to see if the game is something for my taste. I believe most people do, so putting a game on for 48 hours wouldn’t really boost the sales and you can’t offer as many games.

1 Like

I’d only like longer features for really big or expensive games, tbh.

It’d be really interesting if the numbers for copies sold were actually available somewhere although I somewhat doubt that’d be possible.

3 Likes

The numbers obviously exists, but I don’t think chrono nor the publishers/devs they work with see a reason to make them public.

2 Likes

I don’t like it.

1 Like

More deals means more chances for a game I’m interested in, so I’m not fond of the 48 hour format. Like a few people said having both yesterday and today’s deal availible at the same time would be cool though.

3 Likes

I’d rather miss a deal than see the same deal twice in the week…

1 Like

I’ll be honest, the current 24h rotation is absolutely fine, because it’s the perfect amount of time to check out new games. Not to mention that the coin spins would have to either give double the amount each two days or else you’d come back every day for no reason, since the game hasn’t changed. If you really want to extend the deal time, have multiple games in rotation with new ones still being introduced every 24 hours, but the deal time would be extended to 48 or 72h for example, having 2-3 games in rotation. It would be a welcome change that way and the coin shop wouldn’t suffer from it either.

1 Like

It used to be exactly perfect, that is true, but sadly the postal service’s horse fell off a cliff, and ever since, it takes them longer to get to us, so I do welcome an extension to 48 or even 72h until a new horse is found.

3 Likes

I like it, actually. Sometimes I fail to check the site in time to see a deal, and end up kicking myself for missing it. 2 days is still a perfectly reasonable amount of time.

3 Likes

Rather than do 48hr deals, why not release the name of a game coming up next to the current one in a little “Tomorrow” window, this does save people time checking in, gives things like is there any deal and sites like that time to update their server ahead of time, builds advertising speed, and continues to foster good will with your client base.

3 Likes