Cyberpunk 2077

It’s here:

It’s a lot smaller than the 200 GB that a lot of people were guessing it to be…

6 Likes

Don’t forget about the 2 day 1 patches, one of which is 43GB.

5 Likes

According to this tweet, it’s going to have a 43,5gb day one patch:

Still not near those 200gb, though.

4 Likes

So 100 GB+, why don’t they put the patch in for the preload? I will be working anyway, so it won’t matter too much, likely won’t be able to play until the following weekend.

3 Likes

No patch sizes are rarely simply added to the installed files, it replaces a lot of files and the vast majority the bulk of a patch wont be added. You might see a small increase in required storage but not by much.

5 Likes

Not sure why they aren’t included but most games seem to have launch patches. Also patches do not always increase final game size so not sure what the final size is after these patches. I am just excited it is finally coming and the multiplayer news they released last week, cant wait until that is added :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was going for the worse-case scenario in terms of size, I guess… Maybe it’s to prevent people from breaking into the preload with a functional game early.

3 Likes

I think it more has to do with having to put up a finished product up for sale at a certain deadline before launch, but then since they keep working on and improving the game past that deadline, then they need a day 1 patch to incorporate all those changes.

6 Likes

I think that’s more likely the case, as I am sure they don’t need a 40+ GB brick to stop people from playing the game…

3 Likes

anyone taken time and looked at it yet? Reviews for it seem pretty solid but not “OMGBESTGAMEEVER” levels, which is basically what I was expecting.

3 Likes

i probably belong to a small subset of the human (gamer) population that is not remotely hyped for cyberpunk and couldn’t be more like “whatever, XYZ game releases y a a a y, whatever :roll_eyes: :rofl:

4 Likes

Well im not hyped as well but i’m still looking forward to playing it . That said i never get hyped about video games anyway :smiley:

Maybe for Demon’s Souls remake a little bit. Not enough to buy whole freaking console for it anyway…

3 Likes

I don’t trust game journalists to tell m what is or isn’t good, so their reviews me little to me. xD

5 Likes

I never got the hype for this game personally. I mean I’m sure it will be a good/great game but everyone is acting like this game is the second coming of jesus christ or something. No offense to cd projekt red but they literally took deus ex and fused it with some gta with their own flair of course. I’m not saying this is a bad thing all game devs do this in some way but people acting like this game is so revolutionary is down right laughable.

Edit: This video was just in my recommended and goes with what i was saying.

6 Likes

How to piss off a community, use someone who doesn’t have a tight grasp of the genre to make a review.

3 Likes

:thinking::roll_eyes::smirk::sleeping:

3 Likes

I also don’t understand the overhype for this game. Sure, it has great graphics and it’s from the same producers of the Witcher trilogy but in the end of the day it’s just a game which will be there to entertain you whenever you need to escape from “the harsh and cold reality”.

Besides, looks like we never learned some lessons from certain mistakes of the past. Like they say, those who cannot learn from history

6 Likes

Twas the night before cyberpunk, when all over the net
the shit been kept stirring, by the worst and inept.
Opinions all written self righteously mad
in hopes confirmation soon would be had.

8 Likes

I’m ready to be less disappointed than usual. Having delays actually made me more confident it won’t be a broken mess.

But I don’t even know what kind of game it is.

Looter Shooter? RPG? Payday/GTA go around sandbox map and steal & shoot? I’m more excited to see the final product they decided to make than playing it.

4 Likes

It’s a big RPG. Although some of those latest trailers made it look like a GTA, fast paced shooter mix.

However, the game is supposed to let you play how you want it: you want to go guns blazing or you want a more stealth approach? It’s your choice.

4 Likes