Cyberpunk 2077

it’s from their own website :joy:

2 Likes

they did without any doubt cut content, the same way it seems very clear even in-game that certain game elements were cut and abandoned so they could focus on just getting the game released. (I’m not complaining btw; this game is my favorite game ever, and I’ll keep saying it :joy:)

they also cut multiplayer from the base game and decided to release it 2 years later as a standalone which will be sold separately

1 Like

Well then be happy that it gets reintroduced afterwards. As I said content always does get cut, it’s a shame when it is noticeable in the “final” product though. Not sure I heard anything about multiplayer being a promised feature, but of course I have tried to stay out of the loop. MP was never something I would have expected a CDPR game to have but if that’s something they want to try their hand at then more power to them.

We will have to see how that turns out once it’s turned out though.

4 Likes

dude, I’m more than happy with this, wasn’t expecting it at all, so I’ll definitely keep the game installed and perhaps play through the rest of the content on a slower basis so i can enjoy it along with whatever is coming later

I’d love to get story dlc, but i imagine that won’t be happening and that it will simply be some extra cars/bikes/weapons/clothes

you have to agree though, if it isn’t “cut content”, then where in the hell would they have found the time to be developing it and how in the hell would it make sense to put resources into that at this point in time (early 2021 is a pretty tight window of time, as @Enki also points out) given they still have to fix not only last-gen’s console releases, a bunch of bugs on pc, and keep working on next-gen console???

2 Likes

i think it was disclosed they had people working on the dlc prioritized over quick patches - think i read that part of a “complaint” about them doing free dlc/releasing it before patches and not focusing on patching+quick :thinking:
it also wouldn’t be completely far fetched if true, different departments doing diff stuff :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Different people work on different things. You have a whole lot of writers, artists and 3d modelers and such working really hard the first half of any game’s production, then they’re pretty much on standby for the 3rd quarter to add anything that needs adding, fix anything that needs fixing but by 4rth quarter they have a lot of time to sit around. So you make them start drawing up some extra costumes, skins and maybe the writing staff can think up some minor quest lines that use already existing assets and locations.

Also as I touched upon in my first post the idea of “cut content” doesn’t mean that a hole was created in the project. There’s always a LOT of cut content when you create things because it’s far easier to come up with ideas than it is to realize them. So yes there will always be cut content, that’s why we have “director’s cuts” of movies and long dead authors might get their notes and ideas to their novels published at some point full of half baked plot points and characters that were cut because they didn’t end up fitting into the final draft.

When talking about cut content you have to be aware of what you’re really talking about. If you’re running into things in the game where it feels like a hole was quickly plastered over and it really seems something was supposed to be there, that’s a bad thing. But any where you look in almost any game you COULD be looking at a space where SOMETHING might have once been, but it not being there could very possibly even be a good thing. Content gets cut, it happens, it’s necessary.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me if modders release unofficial patch to fix stuff, like what happened to Skyrim back in the day. I’m sure CDPR has the capability of fixing their own stuff, but it does feel like they’re prioritizing wrongly.

2 Likes
6 Likes

This actually addresses some of my concerns. Primarily the idea that they never provided console review keys in an intentional attempt at hiding the state of the game. They sent the things out 2 days before launch (although independent verification of this would be nice) which is not great, but that’s also only 8 days after they sent out PC keys so in general the early access for reviewers were far less than you’d normally expect. But this WOULD have allowed some reviewer somewhere to have a quick look at it and sound ALL the alarm bells before launch, I wonder why no one did.

Secondly this softens my resolve that they willingly and knowingly lied to everyone, even if I’m taking their word on it, the idea that they truly actually believed the console versions would come out acceptable in the end seems more plausible now. I haven o idea how their tests work or how it failed to indicate just how bad the game would end up, they clearly did not simply install a copy on a console and play it. Something they probably should have done.

And finally they have now clearly separated themselves in behavior from Hello Games who seemingly ran away and showed no intent in dealing with their mess, even if they did in the end far too late. I do still trust CDPR will fix the game and I now am less sure they knew exactly how bad things were actually going to be and intentionally obfuscated the problems.

This means I might be able to justify to myself to buy Cyberpunk, some day later on, at a discount.

6 Likes

I think coming out publicly and apologising for it is a good start, although clearly this could’ve all been avoided. CDP went public and now have to answer to investors, so a lot of pressure comes from that, and these people only see money, they don’t care about the games or the gamers.

But as I said, this is a good start and, if I’m not wrong, higher up coming out this way is a rare thing.

I haven’t played nor I own it yet, but I still believe in this game, because despite all the issues, people that played it still praises it, so the potential to be amazing is there.

3 Likes

yeeaa… i’m not buying it, sry, it’s gonna take way more than that to convince me - tho the purported note of them sending out last gen console review keys is a bit weird indeed :thinking: - but still, the discrepancies are way too glaring for me to buy into it

about everytime public backlash is big enough after a screw-up :wink:

4 Likes

Did the same happened with Fallout 76, No Man’s Sky or Anthem? Honest question because I don’t remember. Although, those games were not completely broken on original consoles like CP2077.

3 Likes

did they ever stop “apologizing” ? :thinking: - felt like the bearded dude was in constant “forgive me” mode, tho i might remember wrong :man_shrugging:

I know “Bethesda” made a public “apology” for FO76, whether or not that was actually signed by a higher up i don’t know, but since there were also talks of class action lawsuits back then it might be possible it wasn’t just a mere PR rep/game dev

Anthem got apologized for, and then not, somehow…
likewise with Andromeda

EA exec came out and apologized for the SWBF backlash tho

also “infamously” we have the head of Blizzard “apologized” for the Free Hong Kong debacle (not release related i know) and then again for WC3 "re"fuckedforged

i feel like i can remember the douches from activision and take2 did a nonpology too at some point, but probably not release related

Yves Guillemot also came out with a nonpology over the Me2 crapola, again not release related, but shows how bad sht has to be at Ubisoft before Yves gives a pot of piss about public perception as long as the drones just keep buying day1 release games :man_shrugging: - but looks like studio boss came out and apologized for AC Unity tho

5 Likes

3 Likes

I listened to the OST and I think it’s pretty good.
This track stood out for me:

3 Likes

well, at least it’s not like the game got a 50% discount merely a month after release like FO76 :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

the soundtrack is pretty great. I personally really love The Rebel Path, and the “unreleased” cello version is awesome.

3 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-16/cyberpunk-2077-what-caused-the-video-game-s-disastrous-rollout

what surprises me is their(journos) surprise over e3 demo being fake :thinking:, like didn’t we already know that? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: and that it is for almost all e3 presentations?, specially AAA? and has been for years? @_@ because e3 is just 1 big marketing stunt/advertisement show? :man_shrugging:

(also i’m no fan of Jason’s, and at times there are “conflicting”, reportings, about his reportings, but anonymous sources or not, he does do some semi-“investigative” journo’ing from time to time at least)

5 Likes
3 Likes

An architect with too much free time on his hands for sure… :slight_smile:

5 Likes