Cyberpunk 2077

2 Likes

stonks :smirk: - they never learn :confounded:

3 Likes

Looks like the new patch brought even more bugs.

3 Likes

They did thankfully just release another hot fix fixing the takamura issue, so the story mode can continue again. It did give me motivation to do a lot of the side quests, and wow a lot of them have some strong character drama going on.

It’s interesting how this game is simultaneously s good game despite its bugs, and yet a failure because it’s so close to being so much more.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I guess it never has been a question if Cyberpunk2077 will make a lot of money ,ofc it would but i wonder what lasting impact this shitty launch will have on CDprojekt in a long term…

But again,gaming industry seems to only able to think in very short spawns of time so who cares what lasting impact this will have anyway?..

3 Likes

I think the long term will depend entirely on their next game, whatever that ends up being. If they come back strong and deliver a new game that lives up to their legacy then one failure can be forgiven. If however they fail again they will have forever damaged their reputation and will lose most of the good will they’ve garnered over the thier Witcher era.

3 Likes

I personally think this game will end up cementing their status as a great gaming studio in the long term. They’ll probably make DLCs for this game for a bunch of years, and if those are as good as the main story line, side quests, characters, setting etc., then all that will be remembered in the long term is how good this game is, and over time ppl will forget.

This game completely blows everything else out of the water as it stands (not in the separate different elements of what make the whole, but everything put together, and everything considered, even the bad; that’s imo ofc, but having played it, I just can’t see it differently), and it’s only getting better. They’ve fixed huge amounts of bugs and will keep improving on lots of stuff ongoing.

3 Likes

It’s definitely come a very long way. That last patch was nearly 40gb! lol

It’s sad it came to us the way that it did, but I think Witcher 3 and No Man’s Sky proves that a studio can redeem itself and make an incredible game if they stick to it. It’s actually commendable that they didn’t pull an Ubi or something and just straight up abandoning it after fixing the major bugs.

I look forward to seeing where the game goes in the future.

4 Likes

Witcher 3 was an amazing game from day 1, then they made it even better. The better title to consider would be the first one which was all sorts of broken and weird when they first launched it. The enhanced version is still a janky mess but it’s a great janky mess. Witcher 2 also had issues on launch, some “controversy” about downgrading the visuals from the E3 footage in order to force parity between consoles and PC which was all sorts of BS, but the game was still good.

There was never a doubt that Cyberpunk wouldn’t be a good game and I’m pretty sure it was even on launch. It was the honesty of the studio that was in question. That is what we have to wait and see how things progress in the future.

2 Likes

From what I can find out about Witcher 3 at launch, it was a very buggy game, to the point that it didn’t play. Was that incorrect? I got into the game like 2 years later, so I wouldn’t really know I guess. xD

2 Likes

I’m sure SOME people had bugs, might even have been one or two game breakers in there. I played it on launch, it’s the one and only game I have ever pre-ordered, and I had no problems what so ever. The greatest complaint I remember people having back then was that people didn’t like the way Geralt moves as he tended to commit to a rather impressive stride right away. A fairly minor issue I felt, but they fixed it none the less.

4 Likes

That is my memory of Witcher 3 launch as well. Might be a bit clouded by now but all three games launched in a solid ready to ship state .

And yup. Cucumberprank1969 might eventually become a great game but i hope this dodgy launch will impact them in enough bad ways to actually make them think twice before pulling this crap again.

I can say that they lost at least one “fan” if you will . As much of a fan i was anyway.

2 Likes

So long as they put the time and effort in to fix it, which it appears they are doing, then I’m willing to change my opinion.

Kinda like Hello Games and No Man’s Sky. It was an absolute pile when it first launched but the developers stuck behind it an improved it (and told Sean to shut up :P) so that now it’s at least a proper game.

I currently view this as a reminder to quit pre-ordering stuff!

4 Likes