Back to Today's Deal

Crazy News Stories

Yes. There’s a reason Brazil has more than half of the world’s rainforests. That is to say, Europe, in general, has long since mostly destroyed theirs.

Back when you destroyed your forests, people were either not that aware of the damage that would cause or big money talked louder.

Damn guys, history aside ALL I’m asking for is for you people to stop 1) eating our beef 2) eating beef in general.

Brazil is the world’s scond biggest meat exporter, and the world’s biggest meat company is here. Not to mention, most of the soy that feeds YOUR cows, YOUR pigs and YOUR chicken comes from our land!

Land that used to be the Amazon and got destroyed to make room either for A) beef B) soy.

DON’T PUT THE AMAZON ON YOUR PLATE.

Please consider first reducing then cutting your red meat consumption. As much as I know everyone wants to go to sleep thinking they have nothing to do with this, supporting the meat industry is supporting the destruction of the amazon, sadly, I’m sorry to say.

Please press your local representatives to heavily tax our meat and soy products localy to make them harder and harder to obtain.

An added bonus is that cutting down meat or going vegetarian is cheaper! We also do have some delicous receipes.

I’m vegetarian for a long time so yeah. Though i must say we do not have any meet from Brazil down here anyway , it’s too far away to be viable export route i guess.

u’d be surprised about that; if u dont have Brazilian meat there it’s probably more to do with business regulations, competition, taxes, and tariffs. Brazilian meat is found all over Africa and the Arabian countries

What the cow said. Also, your meat is fed by our soybean, most likely. :cry:

These are the big answer! I’m all for Macron getting all whiny, but if everyone else doesn’t start regulating their shit his stomping foot isn’t gonna make a difference.

Anyways guys don’t feel like derailing this much further but feel free to PM me or whatever. :wave:

This site has published an article where he takes the dimensions of the Amazon burning and transports to famous cities (mainy brazilian), but also show some international ones:

Madrid

New York

Paris

São Paulo

The problem of burning in Brazil is not something new, quite the contrary, as @coralinecastell said we refer to at this time as “season” (since this part of the subject has been wonderfully well explained in previous comments, I see no need to repeat ), but undoubtedly we (Brazilians) need help … and I don’t just say about donations to NGOs (but if you find one you trust and are able to support right now, thank you so much :green_heart:)

Make protests, avoid buying illegally extracted materials, as well as buying exotic animals illegally from the Amazon, make people aware of its importance, if you want to buy Brazilian meat (please) try to know the providence of where it comes from, and perhaps most important of all, don’t let the protests and criticism of the carelessness of the Amazon rainforest be “just one day,” but let us remember the importance of it every day.

And I think nothing fairer than apologizing to everyone for our president’s behavior (honestly, I don’t have enough words to describe how foolish their attitudes are at certain times …)

Sorry … :man_facepalming::bowing_man:

But while we’re on this topic, I want to put some Important/Cool facts about rainforest:

1. The Amazon is the world’s largest tropical rainforest. Covering over 5.5 million square kilometres, it’s so big that the UK and Ireland would fit into it 17 times!

2.The Amazon has an incredibly rich ecosystem – there are around 40,000 plant species, 1,300 bird species, 3,000 types of fish, 430 mammals and a whopping 2.5 million different insects.

1. One fascinating fish found in the Amazon is the Pirarucu (also known as the arapaima or paiche). A menacing meat-eater, the pirarucu guzzles up other fish and can grow to nearly 3m long! And what makes it super deadly? It has teeth on the roof of its mouth and on its tongue!
Pirarucu

1. This area of immense natural beauty is sometimes referred to as ‘the lungs of the Earth’. This is because the rich vegetation takes carbon dioxide out of the air, and releases oxygen back in. In fact, more than 20% of the world’s oxygen is produced by the Amazon.

and on the amazon river you can also find some of the cutest animals in the world :heart_eyes: :

Boto cor-de-rosa :sparkling_heart:
Sorry … i don´t have idea of his name in english … :grimacing: :sweat_smile::man_facepalming:

Amazon river dolphin!

Thank you :heart_eyes::dolphin::sparkling_heart:

Lmao just paint your wall white and get a projector at this point :joy:

Also Weird Al will forever be one of my favorite artists and comedians.

“Though unfortunate it happened, nobody got hurt and we now own an unofficial world record for the largest dice roll in history!”

That is going to be a fun ‘Dice shaming’ post from the company.

1:08 A legend made manifest.

Question is how long those porta potties will still have toilet paper.

Always pack TP…:thinking: