Crazy News Stories

Yes. There’s a reason Brazil has more than half of the world’s rainforests. That is to say, Europe, in general, has long since mostly destroyed theirs.

Back when you destroyed your forests, people were either not that aware of the damage that would cause or big money talked louder.

Damn guys, history aside ALL I’m asking for is for you people to stop 1) eating our beef 2) eating beef in general.

Brazil is the world’s scond biggest meat exporter, and the world’s biggest meat company is here. Not to mention, most of the soy that feeds YOUR cows, YOUR pigs and YOUR chicken comes from our land!

Land that used to be the Amazon and got destroyed to make room either for A) beef B) soy.

DON’T PUT THE AMAZON ON YOUR PLATE.

Please consider first reducing then cutting your red meat consumption. As much as I know everyone wants to go to sleep thinking they have nothing to do with this, supporting the meat industry is supporting the destruction of the amazon, sadly, I’m sorry to say.

Please press your local representatives to heavily tax our meat and soy products localy to make them harder and harder to obtain.

An added bonus is that cutting down meat or going vegetarian is cheaper! We also do have some delicous receipes.

5 Likes

I’m vegetarian for a long time so yeah. Though i must say we do not have any meet from Brazil down here anyway , it’s too far away to be viable export route i guess.

7 Likes

u’d be surprised about that; if u dont have Brazilian meat there it’s probably more to do with business regulations, competition, taxes, and tariffs. Brazilian meat is found all over Africa and the Arabian countries

6 Likes

What the cow said. Also, your meat is fed by our soybean, most likely. :cry:

These are the big answer! I’m all for Macron getting all whiny, but if everyone else doesn’t start regulating their shit his stomping foot isn’t gonna make a difference.

Anyways guys don’t feel like derailing this much further but feel free to PM me or whatever. :wave:

5 Likes

This site has published an article where he takes the dimensions of the Amazon burning and transports to famous cities (mainy brazilian), but also show some international ones:

Madrid

New York

Paris

São Paulo

The problem of burning in Brazil is not something new, quite the contrary, as @coralinecastell said we refer to at this time as “season” (since this part of the subject has been wonderfully well explained in previous comments, I see no need to repeat ), but undoubtedly we (Brazilians) need help … and I don’t just say about donations to NGOs (but if you find one you trust and are able to support right now, thank you so much :green_heart:)

Make protests, avoid buying illegally extracted materials, as well as buying exotic animals illegally from the Amazon, make people aware of its importance, if you want to buy Brazilian meat (please) try to know the providence of where it comes from, and perhaps most important of all, don’t let the protests and criticism of the carelessness of the Amazon rainforest be “just one day,” but let us remember the importance of it every day.

And I think nothing fairer than apologizing to everyone for our president’s behavior (honestly, I don’t have enough words to describe how foolish their attitudes are at certain times …)

Sorry … :man_facepalming::bowing_man:

But while we’re on this topic, I want to put some Important/Cool facts about rainforest:

1. The Amazon is the world’s largest tropical rainforest. Covering over 5.5 million square kilometres, it’s so big that the UK and Ireland would fit into it 17 times!

2.The Amazon has an incredibly rich ecosystem – there are around 40,000 plant species, 1,300 bird species, 3,000 types of fish, 430 mammals and a whopping 2.5 million different insects.

1. One fascinating fish found in the Amazon is the Pirarucu (also known as the arapaima or paiche). A menacing meat-eater, the pirarucu guzzles up other fish and can grow to nearly 3m long! And what makes it super deadly? It has teeth on the roof of its mouth and on its tongue!
Pirarucu

1. This area of immense natural beauty is sometimes referred to as ‘the lungs of the Earth’. This is because the rich vegetation takes carbon dioxide out of the air, and releases oxygen back in. In fact, more than 20% of the world’s oxygen is produced by the Amazon.

and on the amazon river you can also find some of the cutest animals in the world :heart_eyes: :

Boto cor-de-rosa :sparkling_heart:
Sorry … i don´t have idea of his name in english … :grimacing: :sweat_smile::man_facepalming:

10 Likes

Amazon river dolphin!

7 Likes

Thank you :heart_eyes::dolphin::sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

10 Likes
7 Likes

Lmao just paint your wall white and get a projector at this point :joy:

Also Weird Al will forever be one of my favorite artists and comedians.

6 Likes

“Though unfortunate it happened, nobody got hurt and we now own an unofficial world record for the largest dice roll in history!”

13 Likes

That is going to be a fun ‘Dice shaming’ post from the company.

5 Likes

1:08 A legend made manifest.

7 Likes

Question is how long those porta potties will still have toilet paper.

4 Likes

Always pack TP…:thinking:

4 Likes

The man… the legend… a Youtuber…‾\ _(ツ) _ /‾

Well, at least it wasn’t either of the Paul brothers!

7 Likes

This is the unintentionally funny followup, in that so few people showed up:

9 Likes

This is proof of what we all knew. The internet is full of lies and nobody takes anything on it seriously. But it is also full of entertainment we all enjoy.

#FreeTheCatGirlsNextYear

7 Likes

By the way, this shortly followed:

I am not suggesting anyone get it, but some of the reviews are pretty funny:

Negative ones:

mr w:
When I bought it it was good, but the updates seem to have been designed to make the game less fun. Do you think we bought this game for “realistic” physics? It was more fun when it was broken.

Cataclysmm:
The First Review Not written by a friend of his: It’s the worst attempt at programming a game I ever saw, incomplete, jerky, mindless, utter trash. A kid wrote this with a game builder in 15 minutes and it shows, dont waste even a penny on this trash, STEAM needs guidelines on games, I dont have words, moving animated vomit…

Positive ones that seem to be purchased/fake reviews:

BallofMajix:
A very accurate rendition of a defining point in our generation. 11/10 IGN

iamtakingiteasy:
I always liked good historical games

And a really lengthy review that... I have no idea...

DyN.:
This game saved my life.

I am 27.

My ex-wife and I have a daughter together, and adopted our son together. They are now both 4 years old.

When we were going through our separation, I found myself lost and miserable. I was self destructive. I got so mad one day from everything spiraling out of my control that I punched some concrete in a moment of overwhelming emotion. That caused me to break my 5th metacarpal in my right hand… my working hand… my games hand… the hand that I held and carried my children to bed with… The hand I desperately needed to make sure I could continue to provide.

After learning of the severity of my self-inflicted damage, I was borderline suicidal. Keep in mind that just a few months before this, I was the happiest man with no history of depression or anxiety. I have never had fits of rage, or been one to break down and cry, but I was in a low spot that just really buried me from being able to see the light on the other side.

Having nothing better to do, I searched for a game I could play, ONE HANDED while I recovered. I somehow stumbled upon this game and read some of the reviews. I decided that it had to be worth a shot… I must admit, I didn’t beat the game, or play nearly as long as some of you. In fact, I may have only played this game a day or two… With that being said, after doing so, I had a new found joy and hope for life. I was able to put behind me the pain and suffering that had been cast over me. I was able to experience other peoples joy and happiness. I was able to see the fruits of my “labor”. I relaxed for 5 :heart::heart::heart::heart:ing minutes to this music long enough to realize that I was going to be okay.

After coming to that realization, I turned the game off, and I went back to work. It hurt my hand like hell but I was motivated. I stopped feeling so damn sorry for myself, and I became the father I needed to be in that moment, not the weak boy I was behaving as.

Today, I am close friend with my kids mother. We don’t fight, or argue, or say hurtful things to each other. We are parents, and friends.

I now have 3 kids. My third child is, wait for it, ALSO 4 YEARS OLD. The woman I am with was going through a very similar situation at the time of my own separation, and we just stumbled in to each others life unexpectedly. We have been in a relationship for a year now, and are very happy together.

Moral of the story, you never know what life holds in store for you, and if I would have given up when all the odds were stacked against me, I wouldn’t be where I am today. This silly little game helped me realize that.

Thank you

10 Likes

Funny. “Steam Comments” could easily have its own post?

7 Likes