Crazy News Stories

Not for lack of trying.

I know that was in response to what DontBeSilly posted, but honestly, this particular thing is more directed at just the Atomic Heart devs specifically, mainly because of the whole Soviet-glorification thing, which kinda does imply support for Russia’s current war (and the investors don’t help matters, either).

It’s like when The Division 2 came out and it had that pro-gun opening/trailer/whatever and everyone was all like “whoa, that game is pro-gun” and then a spokesperson came out and was all like “no, no! Our game is apolitical!” but that was treated as a joke because it ran contrary to what was in the game itself. Now imagine if the game was funded by the NRA and Raytheon or whatever, and people discovered that shortly before its release; I bet there would’ve been calls to ban that game, too.

1 Like

I’m sure a relatively small amount of people do stand up against China’s investment in Epic Games Store, but unfortunately not a lot of people seem to care. Just like they don’t care about what or who funds the fancy watch on their wrist, or the phone in their pocket.

The game was being made before Russia’s war, it cannot have been made in support of something that didn’t exist at the time of development. Although yes, it does glorify the Soviet Union. That’s undeniable. The investors like VK were investors before the war as well, and many other Russian games that VK has invested long before the war. Ultimately the taxes are going to the government and will be used however they want it used (war), but that doesn’t mean the game was solely created years in advance to fund a war.

And yes, you’re probably right on that. I’m not sure what happened with this game you’re mentioning, but I am assured that it definitely would have been called to be ban for it. That’s something even many Americans today want to do to a vast majority of things related to guns (or even other things!). However, I should think that one can play Call of Duty and realize it’s not trying to send a political message about guns. It’s just a shooter. :sweat_smile:

Just google what russian soft power is . You are perfect example of how well it has worked.

Ever heard of such thing as revolution, or governments/autocrats getting overthrown by people? You seem to really leave a simpliest fact out of this whole topic. If majority of people would be against what is happening now they would simply…change who’s behind a wheel , no?

And yes , i’m perfectly aware of amount and intensity of repressions in russia and belarus, For a single protester there will be two Omon thugs. Which means that the whole system , full of people, are fine wirth what is happening. People, you are trying to defend. Yes, there are people in russia and belarus who are not fine with what is happening and they are horrificaly supressed there. But they are supressed by other people , who are fine :slight_smile: Whole system is relying on these people.

Yet you try to convince me that somehow everyone in russia are fluffy kittens , yet everyone is spinning that wheel of hatred and destruction. … you cant seriously just ignore that fact that then people are not happy , they will revolt. One way or another.

Belarussians at least tried, we helped them as much as we could. A lot of them fled over here. I even been in a relantionship with Belarussian girl for a while who fled here.

Russians? They are fine with what is happening.

There is also a difference by games made by rus devs, and games funded by rus goverment made with specific purpose.

So, by your logic, you are confirming that you believe Germans are all Nazis, Turkish people all hate Armenians/support their slaughter, all Saudi Arabians support terrorist/Jihad etc etc? Because clearly, if the body of people are not successfully disposing of the government in charge, they all must condone it? And you see absolutely nothing wrong with that kind of thinking…for real? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yes, I am going to defend millions of innocent people, because Russians are not all evil. Just like I’m not going to arrogantly and cruelly assume that all Ukrainians are Nazis because of a prevalent Nazi population in Eastern Ukraine, or proclaim that all Muslims are terrorists, or that all Germans are Nazis, and so on and so forth. Because I don’t operate on that kind of bigotry.

I’ll ask it again: what would you feel if your country was doing something like this and the world assumed your guilt? How would you stick by this logic then? Would it be okay for everyone here to hate you for what your government did, or does this only work this way for Russians?

Russia’s government funds everything, or practically everything. I asked about grocery stores; do they support it because people need to eat and their taxes go to the government? Should we do something about that too? How about we just bomb all of Russia, right? That’ll stop the taxes for good…

1 Like

Wow, you keep on steering topic away and just using excuses to point finger somewhere else to avoid talking about we are talking directly.

What? … i mean , okey. I was trying to give you some benefit of a doubt but you are clearly not just misguided. You are indeed a product of their soft power… nazi population in east ukraine :smiley:

Yes, baby nazies are worshipping hitler and instead of toys they are giving mein kamf to read before bed.

I didn’t steer anything away. Everything I said was perfectly relevant to the topic at hand. You are just not answering it. You claim all Russians are evil, often using anecdotal evidence to back it, and then claimed that if they weren’t all guilty, they would do something about it. I gave you examples of others and asked you a simple question on their guilt due to inaction. Perfectly relevant to the discussion, your logic and your claims.

And wait, what benefit of the doubt did you grant me? You granted no such thing (even bringing up me being an American as a detracting argument of my knowledge). Especially considering my Russian roots, by your standards, I’m already guilty of the war on Ukraine and support their genocide.

But yes, I’m a Russian puppet. That explains everything. There totally isn’t a Nazi population in Ukraine at all. My family totally wasn’t subjected to it and many others totally weren’t. Super impossible that Nazis could exist within Ukraine.

(Inside A White Supremacist Militia in Ukraine - YouTube)

Just a Russian puppet reporting in, sir Putin, all’s quiet on the data front. :shushing_face:

1 Like

Thanks for keeping it mostly civil :hugs:

1 Like

“Sees unread count post”

Anyway, I think this might interest @delenn13:

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/lopezobrador_/status/1629617208899895296

The president of Mexico be thinking there are elves afoot.

3 Likes

I don’t work for the government nor do I engage with TicTok. So I don’t care. They are just playing “Follow the Leader” with the UK and US.

2 Likes

I see, so much for doing this “for the people”.

2 Likes

Yes, this is a real (crazy) news.

3 Likes

Not exactly news but nuts all the same.

2 Likes

Vampire Survivors is getting an animated TV series… :thinking:

2 Likes

What a ridiculous notion.

2 Likes

Honestly, they’ll have more to work with than the 7.5 minute Pirates of the Caribbean ride that got turned into a 5 (going on 6) movie franchise. Now, I’m not such a fan of the sequels, but that first movie was genuinely fun and many of the movies broke box office records.

I think it all comes down to the creative team and the story the decide to tell. Could be good, could be bad, but I don’t think it’s a bad idea.

3 Likes

Baaaaaaaaaaa d Call! :star_struck: :sunglasses: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Well, if that goat ever needs help, it’s got the lungs to summon aid!

2 Likes

Denuvo creator sets out to try to to trick only the most gullible of fools, so they turned to games jurnos.
https://archive.is/b5iWd

Sure a test of a program of your making, testing one game, of your choosing where you set the parameters, accessed by “trusted media outlets”, that’s sure to convince everyone about how amazing your draconian DRM is.

1 Like
2 Likes