Crazy News Stories

Unlike what happened to one of Ubisoft’s HQs this is not a hoax, unfortunately.

5 Likes

:joy:

7 Likes

obviously, someone with a lot of patience prepared this joke I don’t know when

4 Likes

That’s awesome! I wonder why the article is so short, should have expounded on the monolith and its background a bit more. Really funny though.

4 Likes

Here’s some more info…Too funny!!!
"The Utah Department of Public Safety says whoever (or whatever) placed the object there was doing so illegally, complete with a tongue-in-cheek reference to potential alien involvement.

“It is illegal to install structures or art without authorization on federally managed public lands, no matter what planet you’re from,” the agency said in a statement.

The federal Bureau of Land Management has taken over the investigation and will determine if something needs to be done, according to the agency.

We’re not saying it’s definitely aliens, but it’s definitely aliens. We’re ready to go home, aliens, but be careful when you come back to Earth. We wouldn’t want you to get covid-19, a disease that has so far afflicted over 59 million humans and killed 1.39 million on this stupid planet of ours. On second thought, just vaporize us if you need to."

5 Likes

This is pretty much ME…Now a days…

4 Likes
3 Likes

Dangerous for the moose and the drivers… gotta say the thumbnails looks hilarious though. Guess they also need to put salt licks in places the moose frequent.

3 Likes

car cut in half upon insane explosion but somehow (relatively?) minor burns to hands and ankles

6 Likes

Those suits are made specifically to be heat and flame resistant for events like these and the cars break easily to absorb the forces in a crash, looks like everything worked as intended.

6 Likes

yes, but is it supposed to get cut in half like that?

they’re certainly not supposed to explode :joy: lots of new regulation incoming

btw: this driver (the very same one who survives explosions apparently :joy:) quite often streams iracing on twitch, which is pretty awesome; been watching now and then: Twitch

3 Likes

Crumple zones for a vehicle that thin would certainly mean it gets cut in half more easily than it would for a 4 door sedan. Explosions are hard to avoid when you’re using combustible liquids as a power source, F1 has already been severely regulated and they’re pretty much using ordinary 95 octane standard petrol now.

There is an F1 class for electric engines now and they’re starting to reach competitive levels. Though I don’t know what the explosion risk is there compared to a petrol tank, I think a battery fire would be harder to protect a person from.

4 Likes

they actually already have electric motors inside these cars as well, a combination of both; yeah, i imagine batteries will explode now and then too in crashes like that

4 Likes

No splosions, rock solid, very safe.

13 Likes

And makes sure you never skip leg day, since every day is leg day!

8 Likes

“All that was left in its place was a message written in the dirt that said ‘bye bitch’ with a fresh pee stain right next to it,” Marino posted to instagram. “Someone had just stolen the statue, and we were the first to arrive at the scene”.

:joy:

6 Likes

Oh yeah, I’ve watched it live in the morning and I was like “looks like 2020 claimed another person”. Thank goodness I was wrong. :confounded:
I was equally shocked like everybody else. Good thing that security in F1 has been evolving ever since.

And this monolith story would inspire a good comedy movie. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

5 Likes

Are they going to put a police man on every street to patrol and make sure no one visits the loo unauthorized? Honestly I do get the idea of the lock downs, they might have been a good idea at the start to prevent spread and “flatten the curve”. To some degree they have worked but not enough to warrant this sort of dystopia level authoritarian control over and meddling in people’s daily lives.

To people in connected houses, get some big ladders.

6 Likes

Or they can pee outside they didn’t mention that option xP youch tho

4 Likes