Crazy News Stories

Star Citizen delayed to 2520. Lol, that early?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Questions have also been asked about how the passengers contracted the virus. All had been in pre-departure quarantine for two weeks before the flight and had undergone regular testing. They were only allowed on the flight after returning negative tests.

Yeah, that’s a very good question. Particularly as it wasn’t one or two cases, but two thirds of everyone on the flight.

2 Likes

yeah, that’s mostly the reason I posted this here, the crazy part. Obviously there is something wrong somewhere with the testing, either the pre or the post. Either these are false positives post, or those were fake or faulty tests pre.

3 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

Best line of that article:

There may be a Sonic joke to make here about speed and coins and such, but I am not going to make it.

2 Likes

Person writes for Gamespot and thinks sonic has coins in it… fake gamer.

3 Likes

Ha ha ha! I’ve not played enough Sonic to know better. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I posted a few of his videos in the non - game youtube video section. Rip brother!

4 Likes

that’s kinda hilarious; they should’ve waited a few weeks to see what else he would’ve added :rofl:

6 Likes
4 Likes

Would you buy a Tesla just for Steam ?

2 Likes

No.

Laws are far behind technology, you could still probably get a ticket.

4 Likes

Crazy story! Now in Russia it is forbidden to “make calls to preventing the use of Russian troops to protect Russian interests, maintain peace and security”. Punishment is up to 3 years in prison. So it is effectively illegal to say “NO WAR” here. We are also rapidly cut out from the whole world. Twitter doesn’t work anymore, and YouTube will stop working song. VPN doesn’t help - I am not sure why, as of now.

It is only a small window of time left till we are closed from the outside world entirely. Ironically, I think I won’t be ever blocked from using Chrono forums - that is, unless Chrono forums introduce an all-russian ban, like many other resourses join. We are being left by the world in a bubble with a psychotic usurpator who is only good in several things:

• managing his security
  • attacking & destroying
  • arranging torture
  • arranging murder.

And boy, does he have manforce to do it. Navalny is just the tip of an iceberg; he is not dead due to the sheer combination of lucky coincidences and world’s community attention. Most of us don’t have this level of visibility, so when it comes to people VS Putin’s war machine, the outcome is set from the beginning. I remember I’ve already left a panic post on Chrono - sort of; well, it’s been a year or so? Many good people are cold dead since then. European media will never know about them, so to the world it seems like we have no resistance. And that is because we are strangled by an aggressive machine that was built, tested, corrected for years in advance to do just that.

So what I mean to say is. If you ever get across the narrative that “over 80% Russian people support Putin’s war with Ukraine”. Please know it is all lie. Our self-established government got so lazy this time, they didn’t even care to make mock-polls. Nowadays they just draw support numbers out of thin air and parade with them. The distate for war, hate for Putin’s politics is absolute. Even the troops are sharing manuals on how to surrender to the other side actively; the problem is, there’s always someone with a gun pointed at your back behind you; and a guy behind him, with a gun for him; and then the next guy… It is a very long line.

Even Putin’s most loyal lapdogs are ever fleeing the country or talking against war \ acting mortally terrified. Most people are actively against it; we’ve participated in illegal protests (we don’t have legal protests in Russia), but now, as even talking against war is crime with 3-years retribution, it is a matter of time when everybody begins to fear their own shadow. Russian prison sucks. It is a place where your life ends. I guess this is the main problem with Russians - we are too freaking attached to our freaking lives. Even so, I feel my own attachment is wearing thin; and when it does, I’ll be stopped by the machine before I manage to do anything of significance to break it.

There’s a saying that goes like “they won’t lock up everybody / they won’t execute everybody”. The thing is, this guys are direct USSR legacy. They most certainly have the experience, and they won’t have any restraints in it - see the Gulag. As I am concerned, we are done with for the world. Spilled milk, dead meat, whatever you call it. It was nice having a life, meet people all over the world online, paying for international creative products, having international news sources and means for political discussions available.

Now it is over, and I really want you to know that Russians do not support Putin. He made it up (and was really lazy about it), and many of us will soon die or go to prison, because the anger and hate grows larger than any safety reasoning. I am only still around because I’ve got a spouse and a cat, and there is a lot of love in my little family. They are my hand brake. Attachment to parents, closest siblings, relatives, friends doesn’t work that way for me anymore. If I haven’t had it at the first place, we’d leave the country long time ago, and then I’d be weeping and mourning all the connections I’d be losing once Russia is closed off the world by the iron curtain. But now I know this would be a better outcome for my small family. I was stupid. Believing in my people or in my country’s potential was stupid. It’s just a zombie war machine, and we all deserve to die in isolation for getting involved in it.

Update: here’s the current “traitors” list that includes some of the names of Russia’s public figures; some of them were pro-Putin formerly; who openly speak up against the war. The list is far from complete; with no doubt, it will be growing.

7 Likes

While I hold no contempt for you personally, it is hard to watch a country like russia and china go down the path they have been walking for such a long time and not feel like the citizens of it are to some degree responsible. Though of course the democratic processes are disabled in both of those examples which limits what individuals can reasonably do.

It shows very clearly how low the approval of the country’s actions are when expressing disapproval is made illegal. And it’s been a bad idea to criticize putin for a very long time.

I wish the best for you, but I also wish more of the people of russia would have tried to do something a long time ago.

3 Likes

If by any chance you will ever have an opportunity or a way to leave , you are always welcome in Lithuania :slight_smile: I personally dont speak russian , i have never learned it on purpose , but a lot of people here still do , and english is pretty much spoken by majority of population to smaller or larger extent , so you wouldnt have too much problems adapting here.

Anyway, this sound unlikely now , but i would always be happy to help you set up here. I’m sorry for your situation … but that is why Ukrainians are fighting to the last person alive now. There is this saying ’ better dead than red ’ . Noone deserves to live like that…

4 Likes

what’s the point of having more innocent ppl in the jails there? How would that help their children get food? How would that improve their lives?

2 Likes