Coronavirus

My hubby does the same exact thing. I ask him a question and he says…YES!!! SMH

Yes to which question???

5 Likes

:wink: totally wasn’t deliberate :blush: last one dear the deal/price per dose each country negotiated.
But it was also more a “capitalism joke/jab” than serious,
i’d expect any already negotiated deal/costs to not be allowed to be arbitrarily inflated by greed, just because you get "3"vaccines in 1 now, and can’t fleece “you” for individual strains

4 Likes

I do it too. means that both questions are at least partially true, are acceptable, etc.

3 Likes

I’m hoping the Pfizer one does as well. I’m set to get my first dose of the vaccine next week due to my job, but I don’t know which one it’ll be.

3 Likes

Don’t feel guilty either. These vaccines can go bad. If you are offered one, take it.

3 Likes

Just got my 2nd dose today, Moderna. That was earlier. I am still at work, and I feel like i ran head first into a brick wall. Headache, fatigue, just trying to get through the work day right now…

4 Likes

the secret plan to treating an illness, knock out all the doctors first :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds like it’s working then. Body is going “dafuq is this?” and bombing it.

3 Likes

i came home and did some exercises, now my arm is really sore, but my headache has improved, still really tired, probably going to call it a slightly earlier night… Though that’s subject to whatever I decide to play I suppose. lol!

5 Likes

certainly not feeling guilty! feeling quite blessed to be able to receive one, even if it is due to having an essential (albeit food related, not medical) job.

@YQMaoski Was talking to my best friend, who is a Firefighter/EMT. He was warning me that it hits pretty darn hard. Not looking forward to driving over an hour away to get the vaccine and then having to drive myself back.

4 Likes

I was fine until about 14-15 hours after the shot, then it hit, and I had to call in sick to work today. Chills like I have not felt, could not stay warm last night. Added extra blankets and still felt so so so cold. That and body aches to the point of me not wanting to moved, but my body kept on moving spontaneously because of the shivers. The splitting headache came back with a vengeance. Now it’s morning and I don’t feel so cold, but as soon as I climb out of the sheets I feel like someone is opening a door to the wintry outside. So I am going to stay in bed and go back to sleep. Still have a headache and my whole body aches… Hoping to have this pass, as the day goes on…

7 Likes

Uff i’m sad to hear that your body is taking this so harshly. I hope your immune system can kick back soon and you will start feelin’ better :slight_smile:

Last time i had serious reaction like yours was few years back when i took tick-borne encephalitis shot . Felt like shit for couple of days.

6 Likes

Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

4 Likes

Thanks! I am hardly on my phone and definitely avoiding the computer. I am so sensitive to light, I have to wear sunglasses around the house, otherwise the headache is so bad. Just body aches making it so that no position is comfortable. Still having fevers and chills. Hoping this passes soon…

4 Likes

@YQMaoski hope u feel somewhat better already dude

the sad fact is that even if the whole population gets vaccinated (except 65+) and we suppose that then they are no longer at risk, then that changes nothing at all for the older people if they cannot get vaccinated since they will be stuck in the same situation; either don’t leave the house at all, or likely get infected by the rest of the population who although they no longer can get affected by it will still be carrying and spreading the virus regardless, so it will only rly protect the ppl who are at way less risk of dying from it anyways…

3 Likes

maybe this was a capitalistic ploy to empty out all the old folks homes so Big Real Estate can swoop in and start developing :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I think it’s Thailand ( i might be mistaken but it’s one of the countries in that region ) which will actually prioritize vaccination of younger people over old folks because they are the ones driving the economy and moving most so spreading the virus most.

I cant say i entirely dissagree with such approach.

3 Likes

I personally would disagree though. Vaccinating the young doesn’t prevent the virus from reaching and killing the population at risk. So in my mind, the old people and other groups at risk (respiratory diseases etc.) should get the vaccine, and then the young can also keep working and moving around, and it is known that 99.whatever% of those merely get a cold/flu and so that’s fine. And then those could eventually get a vaccine too.

by vaccinating the young and leaving the old and those at risk in the same situation, you might not even reduce death counts cuz the virus will just keep spreading regardless

it must be understood that the vaccine doesn’t limit the spread of the virus. you still get and spread the virus even when you’re vaccinated

3 Likes

Update: it’s been 3 days since my 2nd dose, I am almost feeling back to normal. It’s been a rather wild ride, and finally I can be in a room lit with normal lights and not feel like it’s so bright that I want to throw up.

I am happy to be eating a bit better today.

I shed 4 kg of weight from 3 days of not exercising and not eating well, and of course, feeling like a trainwreck. It’s probably going to take me at least 2-3 weeks of being back on my normal food intake/exercise routine to get it back. I feel so weak right now.

7 Likes

:joy:

7 Likes