Cool, funny, weird, etc. (non-game-related) YouTube Videos you recommend

I think its been long enough for those that care but…

The Mandalorian spoilers

Luke’s Hallway Scene Synced to "I Need a Hero" - YouTube

I got a little feels when I saw it. Ahhhh. Right in the nostalgia.

2 Likes

Got this video from a friend showing how history can be fun. NSFW, of course.

4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

so i gather apparently the world has respected 'murica these past 4 years? :no_mouth:

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Also:

4 Likes

i don’t get it, why was this a thing?, anyone know the idea behind pushing the eng dub onto japansese cast? :thinking:

on another note, stuff like the Pokemon cheapass VA firing was actually why i’ve never seen the show to the end, i’ve been “unable” to get over the “disturbing” character changes with the different voice @_@

2 Likes

Given the presense of Japanese subtitles in the clip, I doubt this was “the English dub”, but rather a segment of the Japanese dub featuring English-speaking characters that they decided they’d do in English for flavour. This isn’t meant for an English-speaking audience.

5 Likes

Agreed, this is Japanese dubbing to indicate foreign language speaking, and thus they have the Japanese subtitles that then they can read instead of actually listening to the contents. This is not nearly as bad as some of the ones I have encountered, be it in Chinese/Japanese/Korean TV/Animation. Imagine you watching TV in your own primary/preferred language, and another speech that you do not understand/recognize comes up and subtitles are displayed in your primary language. You are not going to worry too much about the actual spoken content, whether it’s dialectally proper in terms of pronunciation, you will probably just read the subtitles and move on, right? With so many foreign language borrowings, it’s often the case there are going to be language/speech barriers that require further clarification. As for me, I take the path of least resistance, if I understand the spoken language, I will listen, if I need to resolve confusion and need to read the subtitles, I will do that. And it’s a single-pass on TV, so this could be voice-acted lines from people who are not very proficient in spoken English, but maybe they are pretty good with their vocab and grammar and had no trouble passing the proper exams to qualify for this quick role.

5 Likes

This is sort of where your answer lies, though for Pokemon they still do it in the US

3 Likes

Key and Peele and my bro Dave Chappelle are the funniest comedians in my opinion.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Imagine the difference it would make if there were more teachers like her, and it’s kinda sad to think that nowadays her teaching would be considered “offensive” or “inappropriate” and she would be fired because angry parents.

The full version

4 Likes

is that the new google captcha 2.0 ? :thinking:

3 Likes

Soon introduced to our updated forum and it will require a login every 12h!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Related (homage?) to Terry Prachett’s Discworld. I haven’t seen it yet. But I am too excited and had to share it first. If you haven’t seen any of the movies, I’m a bit disappointed but you can still watch this.

3 Likes