Chrono Rally League šŸ

ok, so i rly, rly want to install this, but i only have 121 GB of free space left and the game takes 109 GB. Iā€™ve always heard you should leave 10%-15% of free space on a disk, but some ppl say thatā€™s only on your C disk (cuz of windows) and this is my D disk (only steam basically :joy: other launchers are E disk), and Iā€™ve now also read youā€™re fine as long as you leave a few GB empty on non-Windows disk

So in this case, Iā€™d have about 11 GB left, which would only be something like 2% or so.

Anyone have a definitive answer on this based on actual knowledge?

edit: itā€™s not an SSD

1 Like

I am entirely certain you will be perfectly fine with 11GB of free space.

@DontBeSilly A little annoyed that it seems like you obliterated my time in a day with 0 effort, but well done none the less.

3 Likes

Well iā€™m using custom setup for my Stratos because honestly default settings are garbage in this game.

That said if it makes you feel any better iā€™m having shit time in weekly scotland. My driving is only as good as my memorization of the track and with 0 time spent racing in Scotland and no restarts im seriously struggling.

1 Like

awesome, downloading, which means Iā€™ll see u guys on the track in a week :joy:

jk, hopefully Iā€™ll be able to join for this weekā€™s weeklies

I think this format is the best cuz u canā€™t use custom setups (I think?) and u only get one shot, so itā€™s raw (i dont do training for this kind of thing either)

2 Likes

You can definitely use custom set ups, it would be pretty awful if you couldnā€™t. As the silly one said the standard setups are pretty bad, way too soft. Of course I do not fully understand how it all works and interacts with each other and mostly use setups by GTR Technical some times with slight alterations when I feel something doesnā€™t quite work for me.

Looking forward to seeing you out there again.

2 Likes

is that some workshop uploader or something? I thought that was disabled for 2.0

in that case, great, iā€™ll do so too. I donā€™t know shit about setups myself and usually would just download whatever from workshop for DR1

1 Like

Unfortunately yeah they did not enable workshops support or any other way to import setups what so ever. GTR Technical is a youtuber whoā€™ve created a huge library of videos with setups for damn near every vehicle in the game. Itā€™s a bit bothersome to framestep the video for each segment of the setup menu and input everything manually, but itā€™s the only way there is.

Actually he changed his name to Rally Technical a little while ago for some reason and broke all my bookmarks. https://www.youtube.com/c/RALLYTechnical/featured

He is really pretty good at the game and the setups are his own to get as much out of the car as he can, so theyā€™re certainly not guaranteed to be the best for youā€¦ or me. But theyā€™re a better starting point to work with than the standard.

3 Likes

ok, finally downloaded the game, so are you guys doing these 3 weeklies or 1 in particular? Iā€™ll see if i have some time over the weekend

1 Like

So far we have done the Subaru 2001 in Scotland weekly, Iā€™m probably doing one or both of the others I posted as well.

2 Likes

Well not sure why i dont see your times guys but hereā€™s my time for this weekly .

1 Like

hit view leaderboard and then filter for friends (if i remember that correctly)

1 Like

Tried that, I can se Pylinaer on the leader board but not DBS. No idea why, I have seen him on time trial leader boards.

1 Like

Yup,i know. Doesnt work :confused:

Not sure why.

1 Like

damn, must be some bug or something, no idea

i do seem to remember now that we used to have that problem with the league way back as well, that some ppl didnā€™t show up in leaderboards

edit: or maybe it just takes some time to update or something?

1 Like

I havenā€™t finished Scotland, I finished Poland.

Only did a couple events in Scotland. That may be why.

1 Like

got destroyed by silly willy with 34.39 :sob:

not sure my time got saved in the end cuz it kept giving me errors trying to communicate with server before going back to main menu and told me if i went anyway progress wouldnā€™t be saved

also, for some reason, i could see sillyā€™s and fraggleā€™s times on friends leaderboard all the way through, but not my own :confused:

edit: OMG, yep, went to main menu, it kept getting errors even there communicating with server, i close and relaunch game, and i got a DNF, wtf

thx a lot EA Games :joy:

started Poland as well, and gonna try and finish that as well as the H2 thing if i can

@Fraggles thx for getting me back in this game; itā€™s simply amazing

3 Likes

I dont see how is that a ā€˜destroyedā€™ situation :smiley: less than a minute from 6 stages and keeping in mind that you just picked up game. Pretty solid time afaic .

3 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s a really good time, I seriously fucked up the 3rd stage and the following 3 stages were not even remotely good so I was surprised to be only 5 minutes behind.

Also sudenly DBS showed up on the board, but Py vanished. So Iā€™m thinking maybe the board separates people who are currently running and people who have finished.

3 Likes

after stage 4, we actually had the exact same time, me beating you by 3 hundredths of a sec, then i messed up big time in stage 5 and lost a bunch of time, but you still gained a lot on me in 6 too, no idea how cuz didnt crash, but maybe car had some damage from crashing in 5 :joy:

@Fraggles after stage 2, you were actually beating the both of us :astonished: i was like wtf :joy:

rly weird why i dont show up on this leaderboard; at the vry least it should show me with a DNF, but i couldnā€™t even see myself on friends leaderboard

on Poland, though, I could after first stage, and then suddenly after second stage, I couldnā€™t, and havenā€™t done third yet

2 Likes

I feel like Dirt Rally 2.0 is going to receive a nice negative review from me.

Their server seems to be hostet on a Commodore 64 and ofc, if you have shitty servers you just have to make your game online onlyā€¦

3 Likes