Chrono Rally League 🏁

first run

as usual on pant mawr, the beginning sucks but then it’s loads of fun.

5 Likes

First run and you finish with 03:08? GG!! My first run was on a different scale, I finished on a Tuesday.

5 Likes

skipped 3 because it was only .1s faster

now about this 2.49…

1. sub 3 is definitely possible.
5 Likes

The top of the board is very tightly packed now, you’re all just about unbelievable. I may only be 10s behind, but those feel like some incredibly long seconds. @Doomy and @DontBeSilly, mind sharing the tuning setups you’re using?

6 Likes

Sure, I softened the suspension but didn’t touch the damping because that would make you wobble all over the place. Shortened gears quite a bit but that’s it.

and then, if you mess up all the gates :man_facepalming: you can get a nice sub3 time:

EDIT:

(SHORTEN YOUR GEAR RATIOS)

6 Likes

I will once im back home from work :wink:

5 Likes

@onLooSe Why are you not joining us ,sir ? I see that you are also getting behind wheel of a rally car from time to time :wink:

@Fraggles Almost forgot about that setup , lol . Here it is. I wouldnt really read too much into it :slight_smile: If you want a good one @Doomy is better bet as he produces devilish times so he knows what he’s doing. I’m just a sloth , hehe.

7 Likes

I went ahead and gave the SEAT ibiza a solid try today, with VERY low gear ratios I managed to cut a second off my Peugeot record while still messing up pretty badly a couple of times and with a few minor blunders.

I really do not like the engine sound of the SEAT though.

If I put the time in, I just might be able to catch up to the sub 3:10s by the end of the week. Unless you guys shorten your ratios and start doing sub 3 minute runs, which I suspect you all could.

5 Likes

You’re holding back a lot, the middle section is nearly all flat out, and you finish it a few hundred meters after the big poles you hit :). Aim for the second right pole and you can go flat out through there too!

5 Likes

Yes, I’m trying to drive rather cautiously as I feel like I quickly lose control over the car going flat out. Hitting either edge of the road is damn near an instant run over. This was also the 2nd time through many parts of the map in the seat, I’ll try to push it harder next time around.

4 Likes

Managed to cut another handful of seconds off, flipping the car twice in the process. Finished first section sliding on my passenger side door and took out both the goal posts markers as well as all the netting on my way across the finish line.

So clearly there’s things to improve even now : )

Captured the driving of this one too, if anyone actually want to see it.

7 Likes

Managed to sneak in few more practise laps. Really sad i didint get below 3 mins , i just had to mess up on the last yellow 2 turn and bump into forest wall. Anyway 03.00.192

8 Likes

This means that you’re capable of 2:58 2:57ish times :slight_smile: Good work, you must definitely submit a sub 3 this week!

SUB 3 SUB 3 !!

6 Likes

I tried so hard for sub 3…

6 Likes

9 Likes

SUB 3 :smiley:
Well done

6 Likes

I’ve got all the sections down now but for the life of me can’t string them all together. Don’t even ask about 01:30…

3 Likes

Managed to take the first sharp turn so really well I just had to make a gif out of it to save for future reference. Messed the rest of the run up though.

This can also server as an announcement post I suppose.
I’d like to let you all know that I’ll be taking next week off. The past few weeks I have felt that I ended up playing this game more out of compulsion than desire, even though I have enjoyed this week more than the previous two. But I need a break or I’ll burn out on the game entirely.

I don’t know if the rest of you want to continue on business as usual or if everyone feels a break could be good, I’ll leave that up to you guys. I can still set up a map/car choice post and score tables for you, but you’ll have to come up with the picks yourselves. So let me know by Friday what you want to do.

7 Likes

R4 cars down Vallée descendante maybe? Maybe we can specify it has to be done in the morning or at night for the extra ice condition. If not I would like to do germany in the rain. I don’t have the time to pick something sophisticated right now.

6 Likes

I could use a week off as well :slight_smile:

5 Likes