Chrono Rally League 🏁

What Doomy said. Something about cars and descending and night time. Sounds good to me.

4 Likes

I remember dying in this track very vividly. Every corner is death :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yay bring it on, the harder the better. No point doing it if it’s easy mode.:smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Alright, you two lunatics. @Doomy pick a map, @nme1 pick a car, if there’s a 3rd interested participant they get to pick weather/time of day. Make it as hellish as you desire, send me a PM with your choice today and I’ll set things up for you.

4 Likes

Lets go with R4, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. Looks like fun.

3 Likes

The point of having you make your choices in private was so that some elements of the challenge would remain a surprise to each of you until the start.

Got a capture of what happens when I try this.

5 Likes

I just reviewed some footage of mine, seems like I subconsciously let off the gas a bit before the car gets airborne and I take the corner at around 90 instead of 100-110. I guess that doesn’t count as flat-out. My bad.

Let’s go with pra d’alart, (at night). Not descending but it’s very technical and the r4 cars have enough horsepower to drive us up the mountain. A part of the track should also be familiar to some of us.

Here’s some reference for any struggling participants

7 Likes

oops sorry my bad.

3 Likes

That video is amazing. Those guys drive like it’s a video game, no fear. So impressive.

3 Likes

I wonder how often those guys get 15-sec penalties for killing innocent bystanders; those are the worst.

4 Likes

Congratulations to @Doomy for once again winning this week and @nme1 for also scoring a sub 3 minute run, really well done. These cars seemed far more suitable for the road conditions of wales than previous week’s selection.

Week 45 Pant Mawr
Pos Name Vehicle Time
1 Doomy SEAT Ibiza kitcar 02:52.409
2 NME1 Peugeot 306 Maxi 02:59.926
3 DontBeSilly SEAT Ibiza kitcar 03.00.192
4 Pylinaer SEAT Ibiza kitcar 03:05.109
5 Frag-ile SEAT Ibiza kitcar 03:07.992
6 M00 Peugeot 306 Maxi 03:16.892
7 onLooSe Peugeot 306 Maxi 03:33.008
8 YQMaoski SEAT Ibiza kitcar 03:35.341

Both man and machine needs rest once in a while, but beasts just carry on. So we’re sending those of you who want to continue back to Monte Carlo for a doozy of a track.

Pra d’Alart seems to be a highly technical stage with a lot of sharp corners and narrow roads winding themselves up a mountain. If that wasn’t enough once you’re about 80% done the road surface changes to snow and ice just to mess up your hitherto perfect run. To make things even more interesting we’re doing it at night for the first time and just to mess things up a bit more it will also be snowing. So make sure your screenshots also include time and weather information.

Just the one car this week and it’s a noisy one, not sure what’s going on with it but they should probably take it over to the service area and get that checked out.

As I mentioned earlier I will be taking a break for this week and I encourage anyone to also take some time off. Week 46 is a bonus stage still open to anyone who wants to try it of course.

Enjoy your time off or fight with this stage.

8 Likes

Thanks! Pretty sure I did the 2:52.409 in the SEAT, but I don’t think I posted a screenshot. Not that it really matters since both cars are so similar.

This weeks track is around 7 minutes long so it’ll be interesting to see how close we can get our times. Goodluck everyone and good rest for the others :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks, it’s been corrected. Though as you said you never posted that time, I had a time that’s like 99ms or something faster that I never bothered posting myself which really doesn’t matter.

I keep glancing over at this thread and wanting to play now, but dammit I said I’m taking a week off and so I shall.

5 Likes

You can always play through a championship if you feel an urge to get behind wheel without the strain of keep on improving your time.

5 Likes

make that 8 minutes long

4 Likes

Lancer Evo is my favorite car, even though we don’t have them here, so please look after my babi, don’t want any of you wrecking it. :fearful:

6 Likes

I’m gonna be driving it on it’s rims, is that okay?

5 Likes

7:17.815

7 Likes

7:17.399

6 Likes

Oofff
 That was rough

6 Likes