Chrono Rally League 🏁

03:35.058

7 Likes

Tried my luck with the league first, ended up with a result that should be familiar to @Fraggles

Wales went a little better fortunately

5 Likes

Did you get a weird hissing noise coming from the car? I had that for the last couple of stages previous week and it wasn’t fixed with the radiator.

4 Likes

Haven’t attempted the last two stages yet but didn’t hear anything particularly weird. Just a lot of smoke when the car stood still. Well, maybe the occasional death screams from the crowd but I’ve gotten used to that by now.

7 Likes

“The radiator has taken a knock.”

6 Likes

3:33.508

6 Likes

For the League.

It’s a good thing I don’t record my mic, because at 11:34 I was 100% yelling “THAT’S A LOAD OF BULLSHIT! WTF.”

5 Likes

I just finished the league. Decided to drive slowly in wales because that track is death. Ended up driving all the stages safely and noticed I was up 20s everywhere except Germany. Seems like @Fraggles got you guys good with the track selection :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

This ain’t easy. I’d like to say that the reason I’m using the renault is because my dad had this exact car with body kit and all when I was a kid and it brings back cool memories but it’s not the case. I simply cannot get the other cars to go round corners :laughing: I also like how this game is so true to real life in that there are no sunny options for wales.

5 Likes

First time driving just about all of the tracks actually. I remembered bits of the greece ones I had run with the 70s cars just after the first week.

4 Likes

OMG why did it do that to you? That’s a true Alt-F4 moment in my book.

3 Likes

03:31.874

6 Likes

3:26.258 Lots of improvements to be made still imo.

7 Likes

Great time , as always :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m having great difficulty with RWD in general and hairpins are a nightmare. I can’t figure them out. I might as well head into them straight, whack on brakes and handbrake and reverse out at an angle while swinging out a 180. None of these cars want to go round corners for me properly. Despite various approaches, I can’t tame the RWD cars.

5 Likes

03:43.841

6 Likes

A bit more aggressive and apply some handbrake gently. Keep it in the right gear, 1 or 2 depending on gear setup, and keep the throttle at 30%ish.

Does this help?

6 Likes

Thanks buddy. I’m going to keep practising. Never really thought I’d get into a rally game but I’m enjoying this quite a bit.

4 Likes

When we’re all experienced sim rallyers, and when we are all done with DiRT Rally we can head into Richard Burns Rally and have some real fun :smiley:

I ran through the track in the Renault, definitely the faster car. Not my best driving and the video is a bit choppy but here’s a 3:23.858. Sub 3:20 definitely possible since I was behind 2 seconds on first split.

5 Likes

Could have been about 6 seconds faster than this if I hadn’t forgotten about one of the hairpins! Still struggling with them but a lot better now thanks to @Doomy

4 Likes