Chrono Rally League šŸ

(using a different controller which has an issue that does impact boosting in RL but nothing here, lol)

7 Likes

Getting closer! Nice to see some stratos in the list :smiley:

Lancia?

5 Likes

With a little of bit of self-conscious throttle control and mindful braking, I improved quite a bit:

Thanks to @Doomy for the suggestions on mindful acceleration. :smiley: I really did feel much more in control.

This was a going to be a sub 7:10 run, until I spun out trying to rush the finish line with 200 meters of the finish, I was so mad at myselfā€¦ But really clean otherwise, and I am happy with it.

Who knows when the minds are in the stratosphere. :wink:

7 Likes

6:46.450

The Fiat is the only one I can control when I inevitably munch some grass. Everything else wipes out.

6 Likes

Hi Everyone

May I ask what version of this game you are playing? I have one in my steam library and if its the same game Iā€™ll post a time because this looks like fun! The version I have is called DiRT Rally (not a sequel or anything). My steam username is SPEXWISE so feel free to add me and let me know on there too. Also @YQMaoski nice one for the PB dude.
Cheers Guys

6 Likes

This is what we are playing :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thankyou for the reply.
I do indeed own that game and my current playtime is 100 minutes according to steam! I donā€™t fancy my chances. Iā€™ll have a read through this post and find out what track you everyone is on and youā€™ll probably see me at the bottom of the leagueā€¦

Edit to add: This is really hard, like really hard. Iā€™ve tried the wk37 and 38 tracks so far and yup 2 secs behind last place but I will say itā€™s my first real try. Iā€™ll keep at it though.

5 Likes

Congratulations @YQMaoski thatā€™s a great time and you even managed to beat me, for now.

You mean like the #1 advice I gave in the week opening post? : )

@nme1 all relevant information is in the first post, which I keep updated forthis very reason, to having it all easily findable by any newcomers. Happy to have you join us and I hope you donā€™t feel discouraged if youā€™re not able to measure up to Pylinaer and Doomy on your first run. We have a couple of really skillful drivers here and then thereā€™s me and maoski bringing up the rear. Welcome and I hope youā€™ll have fun.

6 Likes

@Fraggles Thanks! I have read the first post and the archived scores etc, itā€™s really easy to navigate and find thank you. I have given wk 37 and wk 38 a quick go each and Iā€™m behind @YQMaoski by about 2 seconds. Iā€™ll see about posting a time later today for the current track.

5 Likes

Itā€™s the only run I didnā€™t severely screw up :laughing:

6 Likes

Thank you! Glad you could join the party! :smiley: I find this game incredibly difficult, but I also enjoy improving slowly one little bit at a time. (I play using the Head/Dash cam, and I think @Fraggles does the same. Also @DontBeSilly is in the same boat. I know that @Truly and @Pylinaer play using the Chase cam. I donā€™t know about everyone else. I enjoy the experience of the more thrilling ride from inside.)

I saw your advice originally about not going in full acceleration, but it was this line from @Doomy that really got me to think seriously about the way to approach the track:

Those were the best I could do in a weekā€™s time, and you are already right on my heels. Of course I came in last each week, but good work!

Wowā€¦ You are improving so quicklyā€¦ I guess I will still prepare mentally to be dead last this weekā€¦ :rofl:

I am loving this game, by the way, and I donā€™t mind coming in dead last, after all, someone has toā€¦ I will take the honorary each weekā€¦ hahaā€¦

7 Likes

I dont play using chase cam. Iā€™m using one from inside with steering wheel visible.

8 Likes

Oopsā€¦ pardon me, I meant @Trulyā€¦

Sorry about thatā€¦ (Will go and edit my post to be more reflective of reality.)

5 Likes

Head cam here, preferably nothing else on the screen too.

Welcome to the league! More players = more fun.

Remember my first run ended in a tree. I think the subsequent 20 tries tooā€¦ The first time I set was probably one where I spun and got >7 minutes. Also I have a lot of hours into each track already and already know where Iā€™ll likely end up going into the trees (everywhere with the stratos).

That being said, I want to pump out a sub 6:30 in the stratos really badly :slight_smile:

EDIT: I was going to post about how much better the stratos felt today, but I didnā€™t manage to finish a run. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

First run of the day and made a nice improvement. @YQMaoski weā€™re neck and neck man!

Edit: Ooops not anymore were not!

5 Likes

Finally managed to pull off a time where nothing went hugely wrong. Plenty of places I could have been braver and I did slide off the track once but on a straight part so I could get back on without too much pain, stalled out in one or two hairpins too.

I should be able to break a sub 7 minutes time.
I have updated the current standings in post 2 for anyone curious.

6 Likes

As one , now deceased , navigator said ā€™ be brave ā€™ :smiley:

8 Likes

So close!! Just 1.5 seconds behind you. GG :fist_right::fist_left:

4 Likes

You, anyone, actually go like flat out in that be brave section? Because now that I donā€™t mess up the corner before it Iā€™m barreling down towards that turn in 5th gear top speed and thatā€™s WAY too brave for me.

6 Likes

Iā€™m definitely not, cuz it seems way too sketchy for me with the immediate right turn after it. Also, being brave is relative, lol.

btw @Fraggles Doomyā€™s time is 6.31.850 in the Stratos; that time (6.31.558) above his in the Fiat must be from someone on his friends list or something i think

6 Likes