Chrono Community Giveaway 2 [CLOSED] Winners Notified, Check PMs

I know what Maniac Mansion is, it was just the wording makes one reading it think you are entering for Maniac Mansion. Of course, I knew what you really meant, I was just being a smartarse.

Badges are strictly for those with the cognitive ability to predict the future.

6 Likes

11 Likes

oh right yeah, I remember that, I said it’d be “when Trump was impeached”, I was close. xD

regardless if there’s any confusion I’m entering for day of the tentacle xD

doesn’t mean I don’t want that title >.>

maybe I should start a poop war….

6 Likes

Gee, thanks @Gnuffi, kind of takes the mystery away, if you just go around telling everyone the answers.

UNSUBSCRIBED! :wink:

5 Likes

well, apparently if i don’t, i’m being passive aggressive or something… :confused:
but now kyle is reminded, i’ll happily remove it again so all only know, -there can only be one “poopster”

5 Likes

I predict you will lose the Poop War, so let’s not and save any mess & the cleaning up, which is what you’d have to do for losing.

I’m doing you a favour really, if you think about it.
Close fight but I won.

4 Likes

LIES

we haven’t even met with poop sticks and had the poop fight with the song “duel of poops” playing in the background xD

I youtubed “duel of poops” and found

5 Likes

I don’t care who knows. It’s just banter, mate.

4 Likes

Darkest Dungeon is a game that I really enjoyed, but I’m almost certain that without it’s incredible art style and Wayne June’s narration it would be a much worse off game due to a couple design decisions that can make the game feel grindy or unfair without a wiki page up.

I’d like to enter for Rivals of Aether :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I couldn’t think of a game that I enjoyed just because of the voice acting. Andrew Ryan, Dr. Steinman and Sander Cohen are amazing in Bioshock though.

I’d like to enter for day of the tentacle, thank You.

4 Likes

BattleBlock Theater

Stamper is a beautiful bald man.

Honorable mentions: Diablo II, Bastion, Darkest Dungeon, The Walking Dead and probably a bunch of old games I can’t remember.

P.S.: I’m not entering for anything.

9 Likes

I’m new here so I don’t meet the criteria (don’t check my profile). But to answer your question, I liked Adam Wolfe and Devil’s Attorney for their voice acting. Adam Wolfe had terrible writing where logic and common sense is out the window, but their acting and dialogue delivery was actually natural and convincing. Devil’s Attorney? Absolutely hilarious writing with excellent snark/insults without resorting to any profanity. THAT is a difficult goal to achieve.

(Don’t check my profile. I’m not entering anyway. Thank you for this giveaway punkster!)

9 Likes

Welcome to the forums @K16 I hope you’ll like it here and stick around. : )

7 Likes

Don’t waste your time, this guy is an obvious Lurker.

7 Likes

I’d like to enter for Devil May Cry and Rivals of Aether.

For me, I don’t think there are any games I purchased for the voice acting, the The Stanley Parable is certainly the closest. I love the narrator.

Question for everyone, would you rather have a foreign game in it’s original language with subtitles, or dubbed over in english?

4 Likes

I like this question but I think it needs its own thread

5 Likes

purely depends on the VA talent/effort
just because “original” language, doesn’t automatically = best/great delivery
Geralt in witcher 3 is a recent one i can remember, the polish geralt sounds almost like he doesn’t gaf, and almost sound depressing
Metro LL i think is an example of where i like the original language better, not so much because the english delivery sucked, but because the way they delivered it, so bloody cringeworthy russian accents/overacting -only good if you want comedic breaks in your horror
but i don’t often swap from english to “native” since it’s usually adequate to me

4 Likes

As others have said it of course depends a lot on the quality of the voice acting, but it also depends on the language and the implementation of subtitles. I very much enjoy listening to a wide variety of languages, some more than others, it tends be more immersive for me to listen to the original language if the setting is tied to it.

Like @Gnuffi’s example of Metro I find it more pleasant to listen to russians speaking russian than listening americans feigning a russian accent. Even worse when they don’t even care and everyone just speaks american for no good reason. And of course games set in japan, as opposed to “japanese games”, I also find much more interesting to have the original japanese voices in.

French however I am not a fan of, that’s for some reason a language I can not stand the sound of. Luckily not a lot of games made by the french.

6 Likes

y, it’s not like ubisoft, atari, arkane studios, etc. make lots of games or anything…

1 Like

They don’t make a lot of French games now do they?

1 Like